Arc Syntax Error

Xainou - Sanctuary
Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Quality Corner
Characters with names beginning with / or \ don't show up in the character selections when trying to redeem a key to them. Instead there is ISonicString: Syntax Error.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
Post edited by Xainou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Characters with names beginning with / or \ don't show up in the character selections when trying to redeem a key to them. Instead there is ISonicString: Syntax Error.

How are they creating character's with those characters in their name? When i try, I get invalid name when I try to complete the process. Are these character names that were made before any type of restriction was made? If so, can you give me an example of a player with a name like that?

Thanks!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How are they creating character's with those characters in their name? When i try, I get invalid name when I try to complete the process. Are these character names that were made before any type of restriction was made? If so, can you give me an example of a player with a name like that?

Thanks!

Before people was able to create names with: $ _ / \

delete10.png

So if the / \ don't work, do that mean the $ and _ don't work either?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, I can successfully send blessings to these characters. But I just don't know which is which. lol And yes, they were made when you could still use these characters.

It's for example my seeker /Amaryllis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    It's even worse for a couple of SUPER ANCIENT people who have characters that have actual space(s) in their name. x_X
    (Insert fancy image here)