Item - Dream Guardian Scroll - unclear description

Options
Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
recently i won a Dream Guardian Scroll.
i was about to use this item to pvp, but it has been called to my attention that the item-description differs from the 'regular' Guardian Scroll.

it says on the the regular Guardian Scroll:
"This item prevents EXP Loss, Item Drop, and Gear Shatter
upon death when in inventory. Has no effect in Territory Wars,
Arenas, and some other locations. Guardian Scroll will be consumed."

but it says on the Dream Guardian Scroll:
"Prevents you from losing EXP
and most items when your character dies.
Protects you against dropping DQ items
from the Assassin ability Spoils of War.
Consumed on death."

what does "most items" mean? which items can drop, which items cannot drop?
it takes several thousands of dollars to make some items and/or years of playing to acquire those.
a safeguard that prevents losing such items, deserves unambiguous clarity in the description of its effects. "most items" is terrifyingly vague! i humbly request carification and reassurance on that matter, and suggest to adjust the item-description accordingly.
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    asked on server: no one knows for sure.

posted in quality corner: got moved to general without response or reason (might be tranlation error, hence my post there).

sent ticket: been told to check forums and wiki.

yet, no one seems to have a definitive answer, just rumors and guesses. b:sad
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bind gear and items worth $$$$$
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    what does "most items" mean? which items can drop, which items cannot drop?
    it takes several thousands of dollars to make some items and/or years of playing to acquire those.
    a safeguard that prevents losing such items, deserves unambiguous clarity in the description of its effects. "most items" is terrifyingly vague! i humbly request carification and reassurance on that matter, and suggest to adjust the item-description accordingly.

so guardian scroll and Dream Guardian Scroll is same, Guardian Scroll = Tradeable scrolls and Dream Guardian Scroll = Same Guardian Scroll "Bound", with both u cant drop anything... -.-!
    of course in WS, FSP, UCH, HDD it wont desapair/Drop nothing or lose exp :)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well there are items that are designed to "Always drop on death" like the Hearts you get in Blood Theater. Also the Guardian Scroll obviously won't prevent the loss of itself. Still I've heard about bugs where other items drop when they're not supposed to. For that you have to file a ticket.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    and sometimes stories of the GA themselves dropped >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    and sometimes stories of the GA themselves dropped >.>

this happened to someone infront of me once.
    Not sure if anyone really knows, but it's probably what Astrelle said about things designed to drop on death.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Does a GS stop u from dropping the appropriate items when a Sin uses the skill Spoils of War before killing you? If not that would also answer the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Does a GS stop u from dropping the appropriate items when a Sin uses the skill Spoils of War before killing you? If not that would also answer the issue.

Yes, it does. It even states this in the skill itself.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I was PKing with some friends and one person dropped a stack of IGs with the dreamchaser guardian scrolls. We couldn't be 100% sure it was the person in question with the scrolls that dropped the IGs - but everybody else had regular GS and not many others died in that round of PK.

so... yeah, I'm pretty careful using these with expensive stuff in my bag.
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I dropped twice using these scrolls, npc'd em. First drop was signets, second was pots.