SparkieSoft is no different than previous CM on infromation sharing

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
I will just refer to this post, to highlight the point that Sparkie is no different from previous CM when it comes to passing on information. Frankie did the same "soon". Hey you was better, got things done, but for important things he was silent to.

Now Sparkie starts off with
Oh I understand completely. I'll hopefully have information tomorrow, but if I don't, I'll let you all know that as well.

I followed that thread, and thought maybe patiently waiting for an update would help. But apprently, they decided that putting in redirect pages on the old is a far better move, that forum/website team does not need to keep the CM in the loop. If the CM was kept in the loop, than shame on the CM for not telling the community about it, because this is a major change.

I am just disappointed right now at Sparkie, for not even trying to be better than his predecessors.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    CMs can only pass on what the higher ups allow them to. And we noticed on more than one occasion that these higher ups don't care about us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I will just refer to this post, to highlight the point that Sparkie is no different from previous CM when it comes to passing on information. Frankie did the same "soon". Hey you was better, got things done, but for important things he was silent to.

Now Sparkie starts off with

I followed that thread, and thought maybe patiently waiting for an update would help. But apprently, they decided that putting in redirect pages on the old is a far better move, that forum/website team does not need to keep the CM in the loop. If the CM was kept in the loop, than shame on the CM for not telling the community about it, because this is a major change.

I am just disappointed right now at Sparkie, for not even trying to be better than his predecessors.

I'll take it, as I should have known, but did not. I knew the redirects were coming today (actually they were supposed to happen last week, but alas delays), but I did not know this would directly affect the DQ and Blessings page. Had I known, I would have most definitely told you, as I don't like to keep anyone in the dark. That said, I'm not blaming anyone other than myself for not finding out sooner. If I manage to find out anything new, I'll make sure to post it.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'll take it, as I should have known, but did not. I knew the redirects were coming today (actually they were supposed to happen last week, but alas delays), but I did not know this would directly affect the DQ and Blessings page. Had I known, I would have most definitely told you, as I don't like to keep anyone in the dark. That said, I'm not blaming anyone other than myself for not finding out sooner. If I manage to find out anything new, I'll make sure to post it.

Well..... We all told you, many times. I suppose it's best to take care of what is happening in the now, and keep this event in mind for the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well..... We all told you, many times. I suppose it's best to take care of what is happening in the now, and keep this event in mind for the future.

Yes, however I was under the impression we were going to migrate these, as well as find a new replacement through Arc before we completely took them away. However as you can see, that is not the case.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It has been a concern for several months from the players that this would happen. Saying you didnt know would then imply that you do not listen to the players and their worries.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes, however I was under the impression we were going to migrate these, as well as find a new replacement through Arc before we completely took them away. However as you can see, that is not the case.

I think what this all boils down to is poor communication between everyone.. It's not just Sparkie's fault, it's his superior's faults. I'm a person that holds high standards for customer service, if I'm paying money (like I do here), then I expect better service than this.

However, I have notice the company making several improvements, like longer support hours and such. That being said, this is a major step backwards.

What the company really needs is to have the CM get into direct contact with a couple players from every server, which could serve as representatives of the servers. These people would have a long standing history in the game, and the ability to keep level headed conversations. These people would be advisors to the developers, as they seem to be fail.

Either the developers are undereducated in computer programming, have no sense of customer service, are just programmers and not gamers, or just outright have absolutely no common sense.

On a side note, I believe in Sparkie. He seems like an honest kinda guy, he just needs some time to fully realize what he got himself into by applying to PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    PWE just doesn't work as a team with synergy, at all. It's really a waste to suffer from that, especially when the company is viewed under a very bad light over the years.

What is worse is to be in the frontline and getting all of the QQ and rage around. But it's an implied risk to take when accepting the job of a CM. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    PWE just doesn't work as a team with synergy, at all. It's really a waste to suffer from that, especially when the company is viewed under a very bad light over the years.

What is worse is to be in the frontline and getting all of the QQ and rage around. But it's an implied risk to take when accepting the job of a CM. b:surrender

On the plus note. If he comes out of this in one piece he'll be "one of us" in terms of dealing with the company's BS. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle

Yes more synergy will fix this, and some dashboards, dashboards fix everything.

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    On the plus note. If he comes out of this in one piece he'll be "one of us" in terms of dealing with the company's BS. b:laugh

If only he had sufficient power to change it all.
    It's like when I was a kid and wanted to make my world a bit better but understood it was a restricted wish... But again, I did my best to not do stupid stuff.

At least, thanks for sticking with us on this, OpKorock. b:thanks

b:chuckle

Yes more synergy will fix this, and some dashboards, dashboards fix everything.

Nnnn-yeah... as long as we don't get "soon" or "back by popular demand" again, I'll be ok with it. b:laugh
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    To the OP, you do know the previous CM before Sparkie was V4l right? Frankie was before him... b:surrender
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This thread really just needs to be shut down. The OP was pretty rude, and obviously misinformed, as Kris had pointed out. Yes, this is an unfortunate turn of events, but the CM doesn't have power, he's a middleman between us and the Dev's.

By treating Sparkie like ****, your only shooting yourself in the foot. I demand this disgrace of a thread to be closed based on the sheer lack of common sense.

/inb4close
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You guys are gonna make him walk out on us like V4l did.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    here's something real simple. Tell YOUR higher-ups to push back the website migration for PWI back to say.. march 8. This will give the 100% warning we all need, and it will still allow their migration to happen, with the warning we were told we would be given. That should at least make most happy. DO make sure that it gets ANNOUNCED. unlike this blunder. Redeem yourself.

@KingCrash - Dreamweaver:

I was in talks with Val the day he left, up until the end of his work day. He didn't walk out, he wasn't fired, He took an opportunity to better himself, and anyone with half a brain wold have done the same with the opportunity he was given
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @KingCrash - Dreamweaver:

I was in talks with Val the day he left, up until the end of his work day. He didn't walk out, he wasn't fired, He took an opportunity to better himself, and anyone with half a brain wold have done the same with the opportunity he was given

None the less, no sane person likes to be treated this way.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    by opportunity to better himself, i take that as taking a job somewhere where you are allowed to do a good job and not be made into a whipping boy.

the community has long since accepted that the company does not care.... in any instance where simply stating a plan and giving fair notice.... would eliminate like 90% of the rage.

why do i have to resort to blocking their scripts in order to obtain things they still offer that would be otherwise unobtainable?

is it not bad enough that the company doesn't care enough to address a routing problem (which is not their fault, but if you owned a business would you sit idly by while the city rips the concrete up and blocks access to your storefront for months into years?) that will end up forcing many players to quit (and quit spending money)?

well i guess these jokers just dont care, even if the person they hired to tell them when the community is at a boiling point, tells them things are at a boiling point....
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    To the OP, you do know the previous CM before Sparkie was V4l right? Frankie was before him... b:surrender
    we had several part-timers, I could see the confusion
    None the less, no sane person likes to be treated this way.
    Ever heard the expression turn about is fair play?
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We were warned in december anyone who is capable of foreshadowing (which we all should be) should have known it would of eventually been down for all.

Nearly an extra 2 months to use the points is more than ample time to use the points.

As for the blessing page well... carry on about being annoyed about that I didn't know they were messing with that page too. D:
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We were warned in december anyone who is capable of foreshadowing (which we all should be) should have known it would of eventually been down for all.

Nearly an extra 2 months to use the points is more than ample time to use the points.

As for the blessing page well... carry on about being annoyed about that I didn't know they were messing with that page too. D:
    We were given a warning for December, that does not count
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why not just stop QQing and go back to playing? I mean, honestly, the blessing page will come back, as will DQ. It's been known for months now (since they said DQ was being removed), that they are looking for a more stable way to deliver those services.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Threads like this are born out of complete ignorance. I knew months ago that this change was coming. Why? Because I read a sticky that has been up for months.

I too think the OP was condescending and rude in the 1st post.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It has been a concern for several months from the players that this would happen. Saying you didnt know would then imply that you do not listen to the players and their worries.

Do you realise that Mr.Soft has only been around since the end of January? Check the his sticky thread. Naturally, he wouldn't know that much yet.

With that said, I think you're too harsh to him. If he didn't know, he didn't know. Regardless, he completely accepted these comments. I know it's a mess right now but we gotta keep calm. People have posted workarounds for the time being so let's see what happens I guess. If they don't fix it anytime soon then yea, it deserves more raging.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I spent some dollars on this game a certain periods of the year usually around Christmas due to gift cards and maybe a few bucks during tax time.But as far as customer service goes I really don't care because it's a game like swim at your own risk,haven't you guys figured that out by now?

I don't care about the forum cm or the superiors of pw I just play the game and swim at my own risk.If I have to download arc then so be it.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I spent some dollars on this game a certain periods of the year usually around Christmas due to gift cards and maybe a few bucks during tax time.But as far as customer service goes I really don't care because it's a game like swim at your own risk,haven't you guys figured that out by now?

They said that to me at a beach one day. I almost drowned.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Welcome to pw.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It actually doesnt matter when mr soft joined. All i have to say is why should we have any patience? Make things actually happen or gtfo.

Mr soft welcome to the crowd your company has ***** for years, good luck fixing that.

b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why not just stop QQing and go back to playing? I mean, honestly, the blessing page will come back, as will DQ. It's been known for months now (since they said DQ was being removed), that they are looking for a more stable way to deliver those services.

You sure are still hopeful. I stopped believing or expecting anything good will happen to us PWI players.
    Hell, I'm even suspicious of every patch and announcement now... b:surrender

Oh btw, kudos to PWE and PW CN for fully messing us up, be it in game or outside of it. b:surrender
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You sure are still hopeful. I stopped believing or expecting anything good will happen to us PWI players.
    Hell, I'm even suspicious of every patch and announcement now... b:surrender

Oh btw, kudos to PWE and PW CN for fully messing us up, be it in game or outside of it. b:surrender

I just know what was said. The DQ Rewards page has a history of breaking or being unstable, so they plan on utilizing Arc to create a new, stable system. Just do a little digging here in the forums, you'll figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    here's something real simple. Tell YOUR higher-ups to push back the website migration for PWI back to say.. march 8. This will give the 100% warning we all need, and it will still allow their migration to happen, with the warning we were told we would be given. That should at least make most happy. DO make sure that it gets ANNOUNCED. unlike this blunder. Redeem yourself.

You don't "tell your higher ups to do" a g0ddamn thing. Go back to shaking your fists at clouds, or quit playing a Free To Play game.

Redeem Yourself.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You don't "tell your higher ups to do" a g0ddamn thing. Go back to shaking your fists at clouds, or quit playing a Free To Play game.

Redeem Yourself.

LOL

This is so true... obviously that person was a squeaker, or never had a job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]