Inconsiderate botting/ auto-cultivation

Comments

• PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was trying to get quests done in Primal world and I see people botting. You ask why they need bot there and they call you everything but white like you're inconveniencing them. I am sure the pics won't matter, pwi does not care about this anymore, they already made their money. So now what? Can we attack their bots or something?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Doesn't PWCN have some kind of limitation? I remember reading/seeing someone mention the "earning time" that supposedly makes mobs stop dropping things after a certain period of time.

That could be an easy way to put limitations on botting. At least people wouldn't have a reason to bot 24/7 with multiple toons, unless they just want the EXP, in which case it doesn't mess up with anything in-game.

In primal we enter "earning" zones. So maybe it's that.
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The solution is to force players to be in pk mode if they want to bot. f:cute. This gives players a drawback to using the botting system because we know everything should have some type of drawback otherwise it tends to be abused. This would force bots to find less used spots in order to continue their routine. Shouldn't give invincibility through blue name to players that are obstacles for others.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As an Archer, I find that I can KS bots so its not an issue for me.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1 refreshment per week sounds reasonable

Signatures like yours need to be downsized It looks like a pole of **** text
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am not strong/fast enough so please force the stronger/faster people down to my level.
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am inconvenienced by others so please change the game mechanic to make it more convenience/easier for me.
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am not able to cash shop so please make it so that cash shopers doesn't have an advantage over me.

Glad to see in the ever changing world... some things will always remain unchanged. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am not strong/fast enough so please force the stronger/faster people down to my level.
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am inconvenienced by others so please change the game mechanic to make it more convenience/easier for me.
    QQQQQQQQQ... I am not able to cash shop so please make it so that cash shopers doesn't have an advantage over me.

Glad to see in the ever changing world... some things will always remain unchanged. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

TL:DR ; im strong, i like to **** people off and fap off to it, i have no critical thinking skills, move along please don't ignore me, QQ
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Signatures like yours need to be downsized It looks like a pole of **** text
    come back in 2008 b:cool been like this since then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everyone has a "right" to any mob. To insist that others should move so you can have your "spot" is stupid and a little hypocritical. Your dailies are not more important than someone's auto cultivating. In other words deal with it.b:chuckle
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2014

^this
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    starfever wrote: »
    Am I the only player that is totally pi$$ed off with this??

Whenever I go to do a daily, whether BQ or in Morai theres some idiot killing everything, even stealing a mob from right under your nose, and ofc pinching your drops as well!

Why the hell don't these people go somewhere remote to do their auto-culti??

If Dreamweaver was a PK server I'm sure they'd do it in the quietest place possible! I'm not at all pvp-oriented but I'd gladly blast all botters to hell b:angry

And don't respond by telling ME to look for another spot to quest - why the hell should I be dictated to by these inconsiderate a$$holes!!!?

1.kill mob,take dq drop and not coin.
    2.bot will just stay and try to get coin,will ruin its grind time.
    3.keep killing mobs rince and repeat till quest is done or how much dq u want to get.

bot will just stand there trying to get loot ..how hard was that
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everyone has a "right" to any mob. To insist that others should move so you can have your "spot" is stupid and a little hypocritical. Your dailies are not more important than someone's auto cultivating. In other words deal with it.b:chuckle

Their's a difference between needing mobs for a few minutes and spamming quest mobs for a couple of hours/days/weeks.
    1.kill mob,take dq drop and not coin.
    2.bot will just stay and try to get coin,will ruin its grind time.
    3.keep killing mobs rince and repeat till quest is done or how much dq u want to get.

bot will just stand there trying to get loot ..how hard was that

Not that simple. A lot of bots have an alt collecting coins/items. People who do this are impossible to stop. Also they can select a specific range to stay in so coin trails will not work. Only solutions are having better gear and your chances at killing mobs before a class such as a high geared archer are very small.
    Other option is to make people who want to bot have to go onto pk in order to do so. This gives others a chance to remove them if they are a hindrance in questing.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had much of a problem with it be it Morai, or mainland. If I find an area infested with bots, I open the map, pick a different area it says the mobs are located in, and go there. If its Morai, I pick two mobs that are in the same location with one that flies and one on the ground, since a bot would have to remain flying to get all the drops which causes most characters to kill ground mobs slower.

Either that or just pic two digging quests. As for Primal World, I still haven't had much of an issue.

I find it more humourous when you do something like spiders base quest and see a train of six or more lemming bots following each other. If they shrunk their range there would be less of an issue.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    HanyIstok - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1665111&highlight=bots+dailies

I already tried a topic like this, and the answers are in short:

1. -A bot has more right to kill mobs then you
    2. -The bots deserving the closer quest spots
    3. -Because you are just a player, you must have a genie with expel. Not 100% that it will work.
    4. -Pay your tax, if you want to do your daily quest: drop coins on ground, and pray for fast kills.
    5. -The best place for botting is the most popular zones, because its hardly effective to let our bot being disturbed
    6. -That's not a problem, that you as a player must find an other place far-far away, because the good places are for the bots.
    7. -It's not worth to set up bots in a rarely- visited zone, because you must travel a lot then.
    8. -And the last, and most important thing: Shut up! Who are you?

This is the way you guys are thinking!

I support the idea that switching to bot must switching into PK mode automatical. Do it, and problems will gone
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just drop a cloud of coins in the air above the bot. Most bots try to pick coins - even the ones that they can't reach. Two small clouds means that bot will run itself ragged for at least 10 minutes, occasionally attacking one or two mobs that aggrod on it. Added bonus: If it's a glass cannon (like the bazillion APS sins I see on Morai) there's a good chance it'll even die in the process, or burn off a good portion of it's hp charm. If you're inconsiderate enough to block a daily quest mob with a bot, don't expect people to just leave it be.

Bottom line: **** with bots is okay in my book. They are no different then the NPCs they attack, and toying with them for your own amusement is part of the game now.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Kristopher - Dreamweaver
    Kristopher - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Whenever I go to do a daily, whether BQ or in Morai theres some idiot killing everything, even stealing a mob from right under your nose, and ofc pinching your drops as well!

If Dreamweaver was a PK server I'm sure they'd do it in the quietest place possible! I'm not at all pvp-oriented but I'd gladly blast all botters to hell b:angry

And don't respond by telling ME to look for another spot to quest - why the hell should I be dictated to by these inconsiderate a$$holes!!!?

I totally agree..This is making the game really stressful..go BOt in a quieter place where there is no BQ & Morai Order Mobs to be killed daily. Everyone has too kill mobs for BQ and Morai and telling us too move when we have always killed these mobs in the same spot daily for a long time is pointless...and some are only in one spot such as the Hammer Bats..I have actually led some Botters into situations where they don't fare well and most likely die and/or have a charm if they have one ticked..not my problem..go Bot somewhere else..also being an Archer most of the time I can stand in one place and kill what I want without moving..but I always pick up my drops..also if they Bot somewhere else they are going to get more drops because there will be less others after the same mobs b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2014

It's not just bots.

Yesterday in Primal World I had two (from same guild) light down about thirty seconds I did - and start targeting what I was already killing.

I spoke up quickly saying I'm not PWI-Botting.. and they continued with no response. When I got a bit mad and said something else, one whispered > "I don't have time to wait, so I just target > kill".

I joined this server in September/October and that told me all I needed to know about their guild right then. That was not only rude but the comment made me feel as if my already killing the mobs was "insignificant"... and not their issue.

However, in this same zone there are mobs we need for drops that do not have alot of numbers and I have had to kill steal from someone PWI-botting. I really do not like doing this, I do annouce I need mobs there and ask if they are AFK. When I receive no response, I do my best to kill new spawns but some are just too fast.

I think AFK-Farming quest mobs that are already thin in a region - needs to be rethought by the person and they need to try to be a bit more considerate.

After all, people like me try to also help them out when they are stalled and being overran with aggro mobs killing them. I've killed the mobs and waited while guarding them. If I can do nothing more I move on, but atleast I tried.

It's really something someone has to think about. I cannot pwi-bot and be away from keyboard since my laptop will dc from my wifi if my mouse does not remain active.

I don't dislike pwi-botters but at the same time, I do my best to avoid them if I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As for how hard it is to get your kills really.... what are you talking about ?

I bot in an area together with a sin bot. He 1 or 2 shots the mobs, i need like 6 attacks or so. Still i dont mind, i get plenty kills. Botting that is, using human brains, i dont think i'd need to miss a single kill as i can simply stay at least 20m away from him.

I also tried getting the bot to reset out of the area by killing all the mobs myself (pull them all and sunder arma) It proved impossible, they just keep resetting and no chance i can kill them all. If i as a human player cant get a bot to run out of mobs, how the **** is a bot supposed to stop a human player from getting his mobs ?

seriously i think its BS.
    It's really something someone has to think about. I cannot pwi-bot and be away from keyboard since my laptop will dc from my wifi if my mouse does not remain active.

And fate, press the baterry sign on the bottom right of your screen. Change your power settings so that your laptop keep running at full strength when you are AFK
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The issue is, Wanna, that some mobs only spawn in very tight areas. If there are a people there who can oneshot mobs at range quickly (such as R9 archers or good casters) then it can become impossible for lesser geared players to take on those same mobs. You need to take a mob to at least half health before the kill will count for you (except for the Jolly Jones cash quests - for some reason you just need first hit on that one for the kill to count).

Wouldn't hurt for the devs to put in a rare "Illusionary" special on a mob:
    - Does no damage
    - Does not take damage
    - Auto-dies 2 minutes after spawning
    In areas where there's no traffic, this special would filter itself out quickly. Human players would also be able to ignore these (and not be bothered by them as they do no damage). Bots on the other hand would get stuck on these for a minute or two, giving everyone else a chance to take something useful on.

I agree that in most cases this isn't a very big problem.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not just bots.

Yesterday in Primal World I had two (from same guild) light down about thirty seconds I did - and start targeting what I was already killing.

I spoke up quickly saying I'm not PWI-Botting.. and they continued with no response. When I got a bit mad and said something else, one whispered > "I don't have time to wait, so I just target > kill".

I joined this server in September/October and that told me all I needed to know about their guild right then. That was not only rude but the comment made me feel as if my already killing the mobs was "insignificant"... and not their issue.

Not just your faction.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This sirs, is a perfect example of a immature re-tarded MMO player that should just move on to a single player game, since he thinks only he has the right to have fun and **** it if there is other people playing. b:shutup
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    back in my days we use to manually 'culti' the mobs....

b:cool

KSing was normal and one area had 10 people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I still do. When I actually find about 50 square meters that are actually free of bots on my server I actually get to briefly have a chance to get coin from something other than bh rewards.

Its like some kind of hax right? A legitimate player being able to kill mobs in PWI? Scandalous.

Apparently a lot of other people think so as over the course of an hour I have to chase off sin bots after sin bot as they wander in or actually fall from the sky to try to ks me.

Idk why all these sins are obsessed with trying to kill those particular mobs at that particular location, but god damn do they fail at it.

Its really embarrassing. And then when the botters get their game face on and actively try to KS every mob near me, ignoring closer ones because they are total a holes and wasting their genie and chi to snipe ONE mobs as I mow down 12 more around them....I don't even know wtf I'm dealing with at that point.

Stupidity? Impotent avarice? Idk, I just know that I don't find it amusing. Even when they, in turn slink away to *** with someone that actually IS botting or whatever they are hoping I'm doing...it brings me no satisfaction.

I just see people wasting their time, in an attempt to waste MY time. Those people can *** right off b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur
    _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love how botting went from a bannable offense to everyone and their mother doing it! How is this justifiable? I have had this issue time and again. I had a faction member the other day who couldn't complete his timed quest (He was level 68 and had to kill a certain number of mobs in the Swamp of Wraiths) and there was a level 102 bot one shotting his mobs. Now, tell me how that is fair? Surely you cannot tell me that 102 needed level 60ish mobs? I go into Morai everday to do my dailies. One of them is Wizard Slaves. My mystic goes out to the place and there are the same bots there from the day before, no matter what time it may be, still sitting there one shotting the mobs that everyone needs 20 of. Tell me this person, who never leaves the spot, needs these mobs? I find it highly unlikely. I hated the botting system from the moment it was introduced and time has not changed that opinion. A lot of people have mentioned bots having to go into PK mode, and I actually agree with that statement. If you have to go into PK to bot, it lessens the chances of bots standing right next to each other. Another thing I think would be a good implement would be restricting area'you can bot in. If it's a popular BQ or Daily area, they shouldn't be allowed to use the botting function there. QQ at me all you want about my opinion being wrong, but tell me this: This game is meant to be played, so why do we have people NOT PLAYING it, but instead going onto a bot and letting it do all the work for them? In PWI's future I see nothing but players on auto-culti, grinding on a dead game, full of bots. How fun is it now, PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    an MMORPG with considerate people? ._. You sir, are asking for the impossibru

I can twist and turn about it but that's what it comes down to anyways.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    back in my days we use to manually 'culti' the mobs....

b:cool

KSing was normal and one area had 10 people...

Or sometimes more than that and it'd take ages to get a kill quest done.
  • Miyavi_ - Archosaur
    Miyavi_ - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love how botting went from a bannable offense to everyone and their mother doing it! How is this justifiable?

I think everyone is just a bunch of whiner bobs. I like the auto cultivation bot they put into game because it gives everyone a chance to bot inside the game and not just those people that buy the bot from some random sites. It hasn't done anything bad to the economy, just produced a bunch of idiots that harrass others in game... sound familiar.

I love how everyone is whining and the ones whining are the ones that used to bot illegally. Now everyone has a chance to do what you do and you all hate it.

Cry me a river, booo hooo wooo hooo... LOL I think its a great thing that PWI GMs arent wasting time running down the illegal botters and actually doing their jobs fixing the **** they give us in the first place.

For all the whiner bobs out there, get a life and stop being a sullen whine box. Grow up.
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    HanyIstok - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think everyone is just a bunch of whiner bobs. I like the auto cultivation bot they put into game because it gives everyone a chance to bot inside the game and not just those people that buy the bot from some random sites. It hasn't done anything bad to the economy, just produced a bunch of idiots that harrass others in game... sound familiar.

I love how everyone is whining and the ones whining are the ones that used to bot illegally. Now everyone has a chance to do what you do and you all hate it.

Cry me a river, booo hooo wooo hooo... LOL I think its a great thing that PWI GMs arent wasting time running down the illegal botters and actually doing their jobs fixing the **** they give us in the first place.

For all the whiner bobs out there, get a life and stop being a sullen whine box. Grow up.

OMFG, you lost your brain. I come home from work, i sit down to play a bit, to relax a bit, and make some fun, and what i got? Dozens of idiots pissing me up! I want to kill some mob for my quest, but no: some idiots are botting there. Try an other place, thay say, but no! If i have only 1-2 hour play time, i don't want to waste it for finding new places, just because some silly kid thinks, that is their own game! The fact, that this is a mmo means, that there are many other people, who want to play too! Think about them! If you can't, go back, farm coins in Mario, you can't harm other peoples there! And cry that rivers, you fool with your advanced social sense!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or sometimes more than that and it'd take ages to get a kill quest done.

No you were supposed to squad and take 5min.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everything that makes profit on PWI cashers want to remove. Thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.