Lunar NV2 to r8r

Options
peckked
peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
If one were to use Dragon Blood/Jade Stones to change an unbound lunar NV2 weapon into r8r, would it be tradeable?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    If one were to use Dragon Blood/Jade Stones to change an unbound lunar NV2 weapon into r8r, would it be tradeable?

R8r isn't tradable no matter what it was crafted from.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • peckked
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Are you speaking from experience with a lunar nv2 to r8r conversion? Where do you get your info? If you haven't been playing then how would you know?

Would someone currently involved in the game perhaps like to answer?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    it creates the same r8r items as if you had the r8 item beforehand as it shows on pwdb. r8r gear is not tradable, stashable, does not drop on death and can not be discarded
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • peckked
    edited February 2014
    Options
    See, the reason I ask is that, first, PWDB does not state any of what you had mentioned, merely that it cannot be decomposed, and second, that in EVERY other circumstance wherein the source material was not bound, the product wasn't either. While it's very possible that either of you are correct, until someone has done it, it remains an assumption. I'm asking for someone who has actually gone through the process to verify.

I'll be making some r8r pieces myself at some point and will find out one way or the other. But I'm looking for someone with personal experience, not guesses, even if based on reasonable assumptions.
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    it creates the same r8r items as if you had the r8 item beforehand as it shows on pwdb. r8r gear is not tradable, stashable, does not drop on death and can not be discarded

Salari pretty much said it all. And I speak from experience it's not tradable or stashable. I already have a R8R Poleblade and used my T2 Lunar sword to make the R8R sword. So, the rule stands you can't trade or stash itb:bye
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Besides that, I don't think you can wear the r8r item if you don't have 200k rep.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    See, the reason I ask is that, first, PWDB does not state any of what you had mentioned, merely that it cannot be decomposed, and second, that in EVERY other circumstance wherein the source material was not bound, the product wasn't either. While it's very possible that either of you are correct, until someone has done it, it remains an assumption. I'm asking for someone who has actually gone through the process to verify.

I'll be making some r8r pieces myself at some point and will find out one way or the other. But I'm looking for someone with personal experience, not guesses, even if based on reasonable assumptions.

Sorry I left out the image from my previous post. It is a different recipe but it creates the same item id and yes pwdb does lack all info sometimes. But rank gear is always bound to the character not the account. It is not like other types of gear as it requires a personal rank(rep) and level to aquire unlike other gear which is just lvl specific

http://imgur.com/K7DwcxW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As what others said, R8rr is bound to the character no matter what you use to make it and you also need 200k reputation even if you make it from Nirvana gear. There's absolutely no reason to make Lunar Nirvana to turn it into r8rr.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Are you speaking from experience with a lunar nv2 to r8r conversion? Where do you get your info? If you haven't been playing then how would you know?

Would someone currently involved in the game perhaps like to answer?

It's just a logical conclusion. How do you trade rank gear, if it has never been tradeable?

You've read the first half of my sig, I suppose. I am pretty much active now.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like that 3% channel on HA plate can i get it on my r999b:cry
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You can read the item description from the forge guy in cromagnon village. The answers are there.

It will not have the 'bound' status nor 'bind on equip status'. Instead, it will have the 'cannot be traded, dropped, stashed, etc..' status, which means that it will be forever stuck on the character who makes it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is my first time hearing about this, but it does raise the question... can BMs have multiple R8r weapons now? It doesn't seem like you're bound to whatever you originally chose from what I can tell on pwdatabase.

This is neat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like that 3% channel on HA plate can i get it on my r999b:cry

lol yeah, sad thing is it not listed as one of the random add's on pwdb, so either pwdb did not get all the info from the files, or there is another mechanic in the source code no one is aware of.
    b:laugh

and Zanryu, yes you can get multiple r8 weapons this way, Adi has 2 so far
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm fairly sure one of the reasons PWCN did this was because of the BM problem not being able to pick multiple r8r weapons. The other was probably..easier access to r8r gear? Though I'm not sure how the materials work there, considering our NW forges are different and stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    lol yeah, sad thing is it not listed as one of the random add's on pwdb, so either pwdb did not get all the info from the files, or there is another mechanic in the source code no one is aware of.
    b:laugh

and Zanryu, yes you can get multiple r8 weapons this way, Adi has 2 so far

This pleases me. I was a little sad I couldn't get my R8r pole because apparently I chose fists, though I have no memory of doing so. It was one of the factors involved in my quitting before, along with absolute boredom and all, but this pleases me. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This pleases me. I was a little sad I couldn't get my R8r pole because apparently I chose fists, though I have no memory of doing so. It was one of the factors involved in my quitting before, along with absolute boredom and all, but this pleases me. b:dirty

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]