Something I was thinking about our marrows...

eraldus
eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
While playing with my bm today and using my marrows to deal with some magical and physical mobs, a thougth came to mind, which concerned on how our marrows works.

As we all know, when you cast physical/magical marrow, it greatly increases your defenses, at the cost of having it reduced also greatly, based on which one you use, and after 30 secs, it wears off, unless you recast it before if does, of course.

So I was thinking the following: What if our marrows worked like ON/OFF switches?

Example: if I use my Alter Marrow Physical, the effect would be up forever, untill either I die, log off, cast the other marrow or recast it, which would turn it off to our default defenses.

So what do you guys think? Would it make our lifes easier on PVP/PVE if it worked like that? Would it make our marrows, say, OP?

Tell me what you think.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It wouldn't be OP at all, but I wouldn't really like that. I like to alternate my marrows for chi, 10 chi each cast is nice.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    It wouldn't be OP at all, but I wouldn't really like that. I like to alternate my marrows for chi, 10 chi each cast is nice.

Yeah, there is that too, but what if it still would give you 10 chi per cast? However, they would have a 10 secs cooldown to recast, like usual, so technically, you wouldn't be able to return to "neutral state" for 10 secs.

That could cover up the chi part, which indeed, is pretty useful.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess to me it wouldn't make a real difference. In fact, I stay magic marrowed almost all the time in NW, unless I know there are very few casters or who said casters are and if I can or cannot tank them with or without marrow, but for the most part, since regardless of marrow physical damage is easy to take, i'd rather my marrow stay up...10 chi mid combat to keep marrow on, or be forced to take it off if I want 10 chi...Meh.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess to me it wouldn't make a real difference. In fact, I stay magic marrowed almost all the time in NW, unless I know there are very few casters or who said casters are and if I can or cannot tank them with or without marrow, but for the most part, since regardless of marrow physical damage is easy to take, i'd rather my marrow stay up...10 chi mid combat to keep marrow on, or be forced to take it off if I want 10 chi...Meh.

Part of the double edge of marrows is choosing one means sticking with it until you are either willing to switch to the opposite or it dies of its own 30 second cd. Against archer's and seekers I'll occasional switch to phys marrow just for an instant as long as mag marrow is in cd so I can immediately switch back, or if I'm fighting a melee character while an archer is sniping me from a distance I'll phys marrow until I see a magic attack start to channel. Dangerous and you gotta be quick and able to recognize archer/seeker channeling. I've mostly stopped doing it since I don't know the knew Primal skills and even some of the morai skill channeling animations, but just saying it "could" be done.

I agree, in TW you live in mag marrow. While I like the idea of being able to turn on and off marrows, and as a second concept have marrows last until they're turned off so they don't die on you mid fight, the biggest issue I can see if either losing the chi growth of spamming them or hitting mag marrow then going to rebuff against and instead of hitting it for another 30 seconds you hit it and turn it off.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited February 2014
    Unless you're botting, this is more of a hindrance than a bonus. In many cases, having either marrow activated is more dangerous than having neither. I might even consider having a shorter duration(or the ability to cancel the buff) on them just to get back to that neutral state sooner.
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    prof wrote: »
    Unless you're botting, this is more of a hindrance than a bonus. In many cases, having either marrow activated is more dangerous than having neither. I might even consider having a shorter duration(or the ability to cancel the buff) on them just to get back to that neutral state sooner.

But I said also that you could switch it ON/OFF by recasting the same marrow twice. Cast the physical marrow once, you put it on, cast it again and it goes away.

I thought on this idea mainly because I saw a similar thing on another game I've played a few years ago.