the best blademaster weapon or armor type? and a question on rebirthing

Fonderton - Archosaur
Fonderton - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
ok so this is question that i believe is really opinion based
what is the best weapon for a blademaster..this is just considering the base of the weapon..aka claw fist poleaxe polearm pike axe dualaxe sword dual sword etc not gear level or enchantments gems or upgrades
and is it better for a bm to wield light or heavy armored gear in your opinion?
might this also be based on a persons playstyle as well?
some questions ive had for awile considering im almost achieved my first 100..(fond is level 98)...i only wish exp rates weren't so low..then again i die so much so after 6 years i can't say im surprised by the amount of time its taken me to get this blade to 100...and sadly i ain't even there yet lol

and as a side question is it better to rebirth at 100 or 105?
Post edited by Fonderton - Archosaur on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Moved to BM section.

1: Multipath. All weapons have pros and cons and sticking to a single path all the time just weakens your character. In general, sword and pole types get the least use while axe and fist types get the most. However comparing just the weapons without taking the rest of a person's gear and the situation they're in is futile at best.

2: BMs are a heavy armor class. The only reason you'd really use light armor is to increase your rate of attacks per second. Aside from that, you'll be in melee range taking physical damage almost exclusively... and for those times when you need magic defense there's alter marrow magical to handle that.

3: Doesn't matter. The way the game works means you'll eventually get the same bonuses regardless. This one completely depends on your own goals and schedule.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pretty much everything opkossy said. though, I'd have to argue that swords ought to get more usage. I suspect both swords and spears will considering the new spirit chaser + farstrike combo damage.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pretty much everything opkossy said. though, I'd have to argue that swords ought to get more usage. I suspect both swords and spears will considering the new spirit chaser + farstrike combo damage.

This.

The new spirit chaser is just plain awesome, and when paired with the new farstrike, it can pretty much be a archer/caster killer and you can play around with melee DDers with your leaps too, if you can stun your opponents, which can allow you do do a few ranged hits before they close in.

Also, both sage and demon Myriad Sword Stance now costs 1 spark only (sage has a 50% chance to cost 50 Chi!) which you can combo with HF much more easily now. I dunno with the sage and demon variants of Glacial Spike still costs 2 sparks, as I haven't made mine sage yet.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    This.

The new spirit chaser is just plain awesome, and when paired with the new farstrike, it can pretty much be a archer/caster killer and you can play around with melee DDers with your leaps too, if you can stun your opponents, which can allow you do do a few ranged hits before they close in.

Also, both sage and demon Myriad Sword Stance now costs 1 spark only (sage has a 50% chance to cost 50 Chi!) which you can combo with HF much more easily now. I dunno with the sage and demon variants of Glacial Spike still costs 2 sparks, as I haven't made mine sage yet.

Glacial spike, still costs 2 sparks. (I don't know about the fist ultimate skill as I find it way too situational to get that extra fire damage added to my skills/attacks) Fists do after all suck badly for skill damage.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    Glacial spike, still costs 2 sparks. (I don't know about the fist ultimate skill as I find it way too situational to get that extra fire damage added to my skills/attacks) Fists do after all suck badly for skill damage.

Awww, that sucks... oh well, I guess that would make it rather OP by costing 1 spark only.
    But it would be nice to be able to use HF, GS, a quick marrow, then follow up with MSS. That would be epic IMO, plus all the debuffs to anything that has survived it b:dirty
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if you start with 3 sparks. hf, white tea/cloud eruption or gods tea, gs, myriad sword. can be done pretty easy with a minor amount of practice
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Fonderton - Archosaur
    Fonderton - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if you start with 3 sparks. hf, white tea/cloud eruption or gods tea, gs, myriad sword. can be done pretty easy with a minor amount of practice
    i often use this combo as well..spark 3 into an hf but i only use axes mostly..my stats were done very horribly..and after rebirth intend to correct that..but does the initial hit of the hf's bonus damage also get added into the damage?..making the first hit made by hf more damage..or does the bonus damage for hf apply after the fact you've hit your target
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i often use this combo as well..spark 3 into an hf but i only use axes mostly..my stats were done very horribly..and after rebirth intend to correct that..but does the initial hit of the hf's bonus damage also get added into the damage?..making the first hit made by hf more damage..or does the bonus damage for hf apply after the fact you've hit your target

Bonus is applied after you hit the target (HF's own damage doesn't get doubled).

We're an HA class. HA has the best bonuses of any armor and really the only reason to vary from that is for the lvl 60 DQ bracers or for the two piece TT99 LA armor set bonus (worth it as long as the two pieces are armor, don't use evasion ornies).

Each path has it's own perks. Axes have the best spike damage, aoes, and gain the most from skill spam, fists have the best dps, poles have the best range and the best combo of two ranged attacks for gunning down ranged mobs or kiting opponents as well as a purge option, and swords... swords have MSS and a knockback although the weapon class offers nothing itself.

Endgame, your best damage output will be G16 claws/recast warsoul claws. Claws also offer chi gains allowing us to use our entire chi-thirsty skill tree. Even r9t3 axes don't come close to the dps, but what r9t3 axes do offer is huge zerk crits that can charm jump or sometimes get lucky and chain multiple high dph attacks in pvp.
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All path is awesome.... but when I rebirth, I will favor my sword b/c it hits the hardest with a lower chi cost for me and has a lower stat requirement and eventually unlock the rest of my weapons.... just doesn't feel right not using all 4 tbh.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Do people stand still for 6~15 seconds on archosaur server, so you can finish your moves? As soon as I hf in a group, everyone scatters after/during the stun effect. During nw, tw, people know if you have hf on you, chances are the heavy hitters will one shot you now, or some veno will come along and do their magic. Cata barbs get taken down in 2~4 seconds that way in nw some times.

Other times, those cata barbs just troll everyone.

On a single target it can work, but why waste soo many sparks on one target?

To the OP: I would recommend play around. If this is your first rebirth. Do the funky build you wanted, like full magic, dex, vit, str, mixture build. See how they hit with different weapons. When you do your 2nd rebirth, you will know what you want, and won't have to restat.
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    Do people stand still for 6~15 seconds on archosaur server, so you can finish your moves? As soon as I hf in a group, everyone scatters after/during the stun effect. During nw, tw, people know if you have hf on you, chances are the heavy hitters will one shot you now, or some veno will come along and do their magic. Cata barbs get taken down in 2~4 seconds that way in nw some times.

Other times, those cata barbs just troll everyone.

On a single target it can work, but why waste soo many sparks on one target?

To the OP: I would recommend play around. If this is your first rebirth. Do the funky build you wanted, like full magic, dex, vit, str, mixture build. See how they hit with different weapons. When you do your 2nd rebirth, you will know what you want, and won't have to restat.

And this is why I say that BMs should aways move in two on mass PVP scenarios. One of them (preferably a demon bm for this part) roars, HF and GS (Tyreseus can help too), while the other uses Dragon Bane, sparks and MSS at the same time. This requires a little bit of practice and timing, so you better do this with a friend or with a bm that knows how to read the damn chat. My buddy and I do this on NW and the sight is just wonderful. b:pleased
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    And this is why I say that BMs should aways move in two on mass PVP scenarios. One of them (preferably a demon bm for this part) roars, HF and GS (Tyreseus can help too), while the other uses Dragon Bane, sparks and MSS at the same time. This requires a little bit of practice and timing, so you better do this with a friend or with a bm that knows how to read the damn chat. My buddy and I do this on NW and the sight is just wonderful. b:pleased

Maybe it is just me, but i never have enough sparks to spark during nw b:cry. Mostly people scatter asap when ever someone sparks.
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    Maybe it is just me, but i never have enough sparks to spark during nw b:cry. Mostly people scatter asap when ever someone sparks.

Try sparking outside their sight and sprint/WoB your way in. They'll never know what hit'em b:laugh
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I MSS (demon version is 50% stun aoe) first...lower tey're attack and stun them...Then I follow up with GS (since it lasts longer then HF) then HF

GS+HF+MSS I've been using as a PvE combo for awhile now...Still dunno if I want to reawaken and have to get the stats for my 19 weapons again though...Even given the power of the new skills that I've seen

Best armour to use: Up to you, HA is obviously the best to use with Axe/pole since it will give you close to the stats for it anyway

LA for claws/fist/bow, and some extra mage def...

I personally use HA/LA mix to stand up against mages better, can also shard either with mag/phys def gems to make it most balanced

Weapons: TT99 gold/ Lunar weapons if you can

Nirvana forge them into T1 or T2 if you can get the raps, T3 with warsong molds

Can also go R8 or R9 but you can only get one weapon, unless you want to farm signs for the sage weapons

If you can't afford either of those, go with whatever has the best stats:

My main poleweapon is a gold spear from the legendary forge, my main sword is an OHT and my main axes are green TT99 (that give +15 vit and healing chance)
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...