Most (if not ALL) mobs on Morai and Primal World lacks sound effects

eraldus
eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Quality Corner
I've been noticeing this ever since the Morai map got implemented, it kinda buggs me a little bit. All the new model mobs from those new maps lacks any kind of sound effect, excepct for the ones when they hit you physically or when casting a spell on you.

However, any kind of sound effect related to when they die, or when they attack. Ex: the bear mobs on primal. You would expect those to growl and roar when they attack you, but they don't make any kind of sound when they attack, except for the hitting sound, and when they die, they die silently...

My question is. Is it intentional, for those new mobs to have no other sound effects other than the hitting and default magical ones? Because if it is, it's kinda lame as how the Devs were lazy on this end too. b:surrender
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    playing PWI on silent mode. i only on sound when im on room 27.
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    playing PWI on silent mode. i only on sound when im on room 27.

Huh... ok?

But what was your point in telling me that? b:puzzled
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    o_o I haven't noticed Primal or Morai being strangely quiet... I usually either play with sound and/or music on pretty low, 20%~. Or just off entirely while I enjoy some music.

If you're positive something is fishy, try verifying the client and re-testing the sounds if you want to.

Pro tip, approach from a scientific standpoint, get a good observation before and after you verify the client. Examples and specifics are good, too. Incase something might actually be bugged, you can say which mobs and where they are, and hopefully Surtr will be able to troubleshoot it himself.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    o_o I haven't noticed Primal or Morai being strangely quiet... I usually either play with sound and/or music on pretty low, 20%~. Or just off entirely while I enjoy some music.

If you're positive something is fishy, try verifying the client and re-testing the sounds if you want to.

Pro tip, approach from a scientific standpoint, get a good observation before and after you verify the client. Examples and specifics are good, too. Incase something might actually be bugged, you can say which mobs and where they are, and hopefully Surtr will be able to troubleshoot it himself.

b:bye

I play with every sound on max, so I'm sure all those mobs on Morai and Primal doesn't have those expecific sound effects (aka dying, attacking and skill using), except the "hitting" sound they do when normally attacking you.

I wish more people could confirm if they've noticed this, of if it is a problem on my end... which I highly doubt it, as I've unnistalled/downloaded/re-installed PWI countless times and doesn't have kind of sound problem anywhere.
  • Eryialne - Raging Tide
    Eryialne - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like to play with the sound on, so the lack of sounds in Primal World annoys me.

The music sometimes plays Archosaur's music, but most of the time it's silent. The mobs don't really make noises, so they're silent too. It makes for a very creepy mysterious area, if you wish to look at it in a positive light
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So then it would be the devs to blame, hm..f:ponder

A lot of dungeons have an issue where the sound and music will cut out. World map doesn't seem to have this bug.

If Primal is like the dungeons, too, then either the devs just ran out of time/budget or if it is not like the dungeons they CBA (Cannot Be Annoyed/Asked) and just recycled audio assets.

Either way, the game looks pretty alright and the sound is far less interesting (Until it moves away from the usual Chinese Themed Music, and plays that guitar music in some places in TT!! Still love that); either way I'd just recommend listening to some music while you play... Nice opportunity to find some nice tunes.

Also I just enjoy the peace and quiet... But enough of opinions.f:shh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • eraldus
    edited February 2014
    So then it would be the devs to blame, hm..f:ponder

A lot of dungeons have an issue where the sound and music will cut out. World map doesn't seem to have this bug.

If Primal is like the dungeons, too, then either the devs just ran out of time/budget or if it is not like the dungeons they CBA (Cannot Be Annoyed/Asked) and just recycled audio assets.

Either way, the game looks pretty alright and the sound is far less interesting (Until it moves away from the usual Chinese Themed Music, and plays that guitar music in some places in TT!! Still love that); either way I'd just recommend listening to some music while you play... Nice opportunity to find some nice tunes.

Also I just enjoy the peace and quiet... But enough of opinions.f:shh

lol yeah, I acutlly prefer to listen to other game musics while playing PWI, but the missing, or lack of sound effects is what bothers me the most.