New Horizon Feedback 2.0

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q:What did you like?
    Loved the new character storyline, it was a great line of quests. Rebirth was ok, but leveling is still very slow.
    Q:What did you dislike?
    Not enough for rebirths to do, the quests take you to a certain level and then you have to claw at getting to the next set of quests. Really need more quests for reborns, to make up for the gaps..
    Q:What could've made it better?
    Stated above
    Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
    More content for lever-level reborns. New skills that don't remove the old ones..
    Q:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?
    Sadly, no. It was more boring than hard.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SomeRandomEA - Lost City
    SomeRandomEA - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A:Rebirth, new skills, war avatars (I have mixed feeling about them though) and flow silver instance (except when I have to form a squad for one b:surrender)..

A:In order to get S type war avatar we need to buy items from boutique, a very limited chance of getting them without cash shop (one weekly world boss), removal of fairy boxes..

A:Adding a way of farming (all types) or even trading war avatars, a bit more quests for reborn people, more ways of getting premordial blood..

A:Revamiping some instances (nirvana, frost, etc.), new ways of farming and lvling, graphic upgrade for old map, new time slot for Nation War (or changing one of the two we have now) since many people can't attend current because of their time zones, new class for each race or mixing current races and classes (human assassin, untamed mystic, etc.)..

A:Nope, quite the opposite.. b:pleased
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bold = Things worth noting.

Orange = More important problems.

Red = Major problems.

The new skills. Most of these are amazing, and super fun to use in their own unique ways.

The new areas are nice to look at, and I like having to unlock them... though not as a server-wide thing.

The Flowsilver Palace instance making demon/sage skillbooks super easy to get.

I love that Bounty Hunter Lunar Glade gives you back your money now!

I'm Neutral on the War Avatar system... they're nice stat boosts, but it gives older players an extreme advantage over newer players... especially level 100 players compared to non-100 players. They're cool to collect, but I think the stats on-top of it are too much.

The new expansion REQUIRES you to rebirth to really enjoy it, AND EVERYTHING is a daily that takes months to farm.

Fairy boxes being removed.

Having to get level 100 AGAIN.... TWICE... ON MULTIPLE CHARACTERS.

Also just about everything is anti-5.0 attack speed. It's nice that some things are anti-5.0...
    but making everything like that? It's proving to be difficult, especially for assassins.

Not from this expansion but... I really hate the new Abaddon and Seat of Torment.
    It's almost impossible to get these FBs/Cultivation/Chrono quests done. Especially for newbies that ACTUALLY NEED this stuff.

I dislike that most of the Bounty Hunters at 100+ are not newbie friendly. People that have just reached level 100 may not even be able to do these, which are what they are supposed to rely on for coins to get by.

I STRONGLY disliked having to rely on other people doing these requirements to unlock the historical phases... as most these people don't actually DO these things because they're too lazy. Which causes problems for those that acutally want to progress.

Also the Demon Intensified Tiger/Panda Form STILL pales in comparison to the Sage version by a long-shot DESPITE all the forum commotion. Not to mention the Sage form gets Demon's benefits too, where as the Demon one doesn't get the Sage's benefits.

There are a TON of new untargetable mobs... I understand why this was added, but this is highly annoying, and disadvantaging. I liked it better when things were just "immune to damage", it was easier to tell what was going on.

Assassins and Psychics can't get half their skills as the required books are next to impossible to get!!! They are ONLY possible to get in Abaddon and Seat of Torment. Both bosses being overly difficult to kill, and having an EXTREMELY low drop rate, and an EVEN LOWER chance to be your cultivation. (Demon/Sage) Remedying this would be... AMAZING.

More ways to get bloods, less dailies and more farmable stuff.

Adding more ways to get levels regularly, rather then dailies, or spamming Frostcovered City...
    Nobody but assassins like that place.

Also the matchmaking system is very useless, I want to use it, and want it to be useful... but it doesn't work right, and nobody wants to use it. Give motivation... like a buff or something if you use it.

Also I'm not a big fan of a lot of the skills taking AWAY some skills, but I will admit, not too many of them are disappointing upgrades.

The removal of Dragon's Den is disappointing as well, especially for certain titles. I think it could of been reworked into something more useful for our server, like giving Basic Badges or increased G16 molds drops or something.

Seeing the Palace of Nirvana becoming a thing again would be nice, this could get the same treatment as Dragon's Den.. except... to a much less rewarding level, OR make this a high level EXP instance. To make getting 105 not mission impossible.

As Bounty Hunter Endless Universe became a thing.. it's still a daily... you can only enter once a day... so if it fails, or glitches, or you have to leave (the boss can teleport people out of range for the kill too!) for whatever reason.. you're screwed for the day. This also makes it difficult to find help. This can be improved by simply releasing the once daily limit.

More ways to level up in the 80-100 area. Effective ways.

Bug Fixes.

I also would like to see Rank 9 gears being easier to obtain, as in it's current form... getting the 2nd recast is cheaper then getting the original set, and the third set is even easier.

The fact that everything is a daily... with little rewards, makes it very hard to get the new skills, as well as enjoy the content. It takes over a year for Blademasters to get all their skills AND the passive skills.

Leveling up was a pain in the bum that almost no one really wanted to do. It could have been worse, trust me I'm glad it wasn't... but you can't do anything until you're level 100, and with everything being a daily.... there's no easy way to get back to 100. So you're setting around on your butt all day doing nothing. I found this to be a very tedious process.

I feel a few things specifically ONLY for rebirthed characters for massive EXP would of been nice.

As mentioned above, Psychics and Assassins may find it difficult to progress without the proper skills that ONLY drop in Abaddon and Seat of Torment. Both bosses not being easy to kill.

Thanks for reading, that's all I wanted to say.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well the fact there will be new content was exciting, took me 1 week for 2 awakenings, almost only possible way to lvl up was plvling, got back to lvl and there was no quests to do for lvling, that was damn disapointing.
    The fact that u cannot farm Catalysators is another disapointment, to get more leadership we need +10 catas for every lvl, and with current catalysator price thats damn money pulling. Getting cards are hard too, but not impossible, i can live without any S cards, but if i want to use more then 3 or 4 As at same time...well disapoitment but probably good money for PWE and thats the point of this game.
    Removed Trophy Mods 69 and 79 is again probably for some purpose, no more Robes to make, so ppl need to buy them, get the lunar one from packs, or to do the for most ppl impossible Luna TM mode...
    The new starting area? made 1 archer to see it, farmed 1500 aquametals, got the 2 pets and deleted my lvl 5 chars cause i was without any quests. 75% of players have 3-4 alts online same time, im playing only 1 toon, and have 1 shop online 24/7, dont dare to risk another client up and be banned...so the new area is good only for brave people to have god spent ingame time by farming aquametals.
    The only good thing is probably the new daily instance, Flowsilver, but ppl getting to tank it now without barbs too, so it takes like 20 mins to finish it, and again we at the starting boringness...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Rebirthing is nice. Its actually allows one to make an off build (None meta) build of a character perfectly without having some weird rings/belt/neck. I.E. HA veno with more magic now. At the same time, it gives a new meaning to Pure Builds. Yes a Pure build is what most favor (from what i can tell) but with the extra att. points you can actually put in some Vit b:shutup. Skills upgrade is nice. The content update in all was a nice one. Dont really have any complaints other than misc. bugs from scripting errors. Tho I loved the Discription error for Berserker's Rage/Wraith was funny. The lore of how the skill was made/born. b:chuckle

Berserker's Rage
    Like i said. Had no real problems. Few bugs and glitches. The no summon nix while on Flier one is annoying. Would like to see a more smooth transition from content update to content update. Can't ask for 100% bug free. But maybe a 80% Bug free update should be the tolerance.
    Well this content was so massive already with new lands, new quest, new skills and such I really could not ask to see anything else from this update. But maybe in the future instead of getting NEW content. Maybe go back and UPDATE some content, delete some places that have or server no purpose in the game. Get rid of NPCs that dont work, can't work or have been turned off. Having someone, anyone, take walk through of the server and see whats being ran and whats being completely forgotten and either remove, or update. Instead of adding more powerful things. Make other things, older things, worth while to run again. Plvling has taken a massive toll most instances by allowing one to bypass them. Lately people have been QQing about Character unbalance, maybe the game its self is just unbalanced. Why not fix this first old quote "PWI caters to the range classes more than the Melee". But even with these and obvious other peoples suggestion, as a game grows you get more Players (wheels) and you will never able to oil all of them so they can stop squeaking (QQing).
    Content wise, I would like to first see smaller doses of it from smoother content flow. But i'd like to see maybe a Female barb and male veno. Or a class/race that actually uses the Pole Blade as a main. (Warsoul Pole Blade has a nice proc b:surrender). Revamping of skills to continue (I.E. Fox form CD to be closer to barbs since barbs is at 2 secs.) Something be done with Nirvy. How about implementing a "lag free area" meaning No cat shops here. Certain amount there. New toys is nice, when game play is smooth. You can't completely balance the gameplay but you can make it so it doesn't seem like it favors certain classes. And lets not jump on the Nerfing bandwagon. Nerf isn't always the answer. Collectively, seems venos barbs and clerics are losing in population. Give people a reason to play them. b:surrender i love my kitty. And im loving my veno.

Edit: Oh oh!!! And idea, So Gms can actually focus on less to do more. Maybe a small merge for US West servers >.> We have 4 servers. Can we get down to 3? Maybe remove some inactive accounts and if possible. Get to 1 pvp and 1 pve server? Idk just a thought.
    Not at all. Im not 105 yet but then again. I have to play another game called RL. The level progression on this game is pretty... unnerving, to say the less. Once i think im at a good lvl this NPC called LIFE rains down and slaps me around a couple of times. b:pleased but such is the way the world works.

When i talk to friends. I try my hardest to not compare it to other MMOs because this is my first F2P one. Im a blizzard Fan Boy. I came from Diablo. :3 I love the game, the player base community is alittle hard to handle at times but so are 2 year olds when the way something. I think the biggest thing for me is the actually MoD presences. Gotta make it so we know you are there but we can also breath. The Dark Knights of PWI? lol idk.

Lastly, WELCOME SPARKIESOFT!!

High hopes bro. High Hopes.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Miss_tery - Archosaur
    Miss_tery - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Thanks!

The new art is awesome. Like the new Primal area.

I personally feel i'm 'forced' to go 2nd rebirth just to finish the 'culti' quest in there. preffered it if you could finish the 'quest' chain on 1st reborn then have a completely different one IF people went 2nd rebirth.

a few glitches in Primal that need to be sorted ( quests etc )

Even more rare for books to drop from bosses ( since expansion, i actually haven't seen one drop at all )

Better planning. Game tested before release ( or release beta version first )

More squad interaction quests for middle lvl characters

Not really, the 'quest' in primal was annoying seems as you need to go 2nd rebirth to finish it though
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's actually pretty interesting to read what Others think about the expansion...

... Wait, why didn't we do this more often?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Even more rare for books to drop from bosses ( since expansion, i actually haven't seen one drop at all )

Not true, the drop chance has not been changed, it always sucked.
  • Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I liked the new area, new chance on extended skills, new chance on getting skills, lvling a char from 1 again with extended stuff

[QUOTEQ:What did you dislike?[/QUOTE]

primal skills are broken: if you lern them the original skills vanish and for a seeker the skills ONLY weakens them. No improvement. I am really disapointed in that point. Please change it to give back the original sword buffs

less bugs, as usual

sth fitting to the strenght high lvls have now.
    a new farming instance like TT, where items aren't bound but can be farmed by a team

no, really easy
  • Nolea - Dreamweaver
    Nolea - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014

After around 2 years absence this game became real fun again. Quests are no more that annoying and there is a lot of help for newbies. (Server is also important because Raging Tide doesn't seem to be active much and Dreamweaver rocks so far hehe). I still have a lot to explore...

Bug where I get stuck after clicking on auto-path while I'm riding a mount. It's stowing my mount but doesn't finish so I'm stuck until I relog.. There is kind of legal bot that I haven't tried out yet. It depends on taste but botting legal is a huge - for me. Many like it I guess and maybe I will use it too one day.

I didn't experience enough to answer yet.

A dungeon that makes for everybody possible to earn some money. Even middle level and so so gear..

I don't know yet :)
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make an Advanced Celestial Schism!! So when you switch cultivations your sage skills turn demon instead of resetting to lv 10, you can also make it very expensive if u want :D Im sure a lot of ppl would rather buy a more expensive boutique item than have to farm the bloods all over again to re-merge your skills.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Thanks!

1. I like the reborn thing. i made 2nd reborn (103,102,100) , 1st reborn ( 102,100) and working on may 3rd toon.

2. Tele on story mode near bridge at primal world and Dragon Temple. It not safe zone so if someone camping there you cannot even defend your self.

I dislike also that you need 10catalyst (4 gold ) to make avatar chance B-S.

3. Make those area safezone and unsafe zone after you made some steps.

For avatar why not make it like 40 PW FS coins no catalys chance for B-S . or remain the same and increase the rate of getting A or S card.

4. reffer 3.

5 No not really.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it's time to give genies an update (while risking to break the game even more).

Some skills are useless and outdated. Like some were even made to counter certain old evils: There are 2 skills that are for removing or stopping bleed. Those skills were made when venos were op, and were one hitting everything with bleed b:laugh.

Also, some skills should have their requisite lowered. For example, it would be nice if Faith costed 12 affinity points instead of 14. Sins can have a 50% change faith, so why not at least reduced the requirement for our 5 second 100% tidal (which costs a lot of energy).

• stevelangley
    stevelangley Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    1. I liked the new areas (both starter area and Primal World). Flowsilver Palace is great. PWI needs more instances like this that require a full squad to do, rather than everyone soloing everything with an army of alts.

2. Disliked that FCC was not locked down in some way. This just turned the server into one giant FCC fest where everyone power leveled themselves back to 100 twice in a week. PWI had a chance to make people active again doing quests and low level dailies but they blew it. Now everyone is done with the content and waiting to see what comes next.

3. Turning FCC into level locked instance or turning hypers off in FCC would have made it more interesting as a whole. It would have made people do low level BH's more and encouraged people to actually do something else other than power level and skip all the content.

4. More instances that cannot be soloed like Flowsilver Palace. Randomized dailies instead of the same old stuff day in and day out. BH is randomized somewhat but they could have left the old BH instances in the mix instead of replacing them, just add more to be randomized. It would feel less boring with more randomized things to do everyday.

5. I doubt most people even looked at the content. Power level to 100 twice and do FSP is about it.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thanks!

1) Rebbirth system and War Avatar Cards additional skills for each class
    2) Sins got MORE op. Sorry this is fact.
    3) Nerf Sins. Fix broken quests
    4) More quest chains that give good XP (like the golden ones upon rebirth) that are NOT broken.
    5) No
    Here we go again....
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thanks!

1. Reincarnation was an interesting idea, and gave some players more stuff to do for a time. I also liked the fix on macros (skips a skill in cooldown instead of just stopping), the increase in exp/inf/prestige from Morai dailies, and the fact that 4x exp upon reincarnation applies to quest reward exp.

2. First off, the lack of quests when you reincarnate. There is one quest chain given that repeatedly stops and says "come back in ten levels," leaving you with grinding as your only option to continue. This also slows it way down once you reach the 80s if you are someone that doesn't hyper, and it becomes extremely boring. It would be nice to see some added world quests with good exp and some quests other than the vitae chain/dailies in primal world.

Secondly, a few changes were made that I personally found very upsetting. Removal of card drops from past map mobs is the worst of them. Grinding for those cards and killing the cardbosses after was one of the few things left in the game that I really enjoyed. What is the point in it if you have to pay for frags to make the card record? Then there was the removal of BH Metal/addition of BH EU. I wouldn't have cared if they had only added EU as BH and left Metal alone, but Metal was one of my favorite BHs and in the end it resulted in me just quitting running them altogether. All we ever asked for was for there to be more BH selection (specifically people wanted AEU, not EU), not to get existing ones taken away. I was also sad about the removal of the Mulberry Heart daily quest.

Third, I found the content added for new characters very disappointing. I made one just to try it out. I did half the quest chain before I gave up - it was not only boring but had not much for rewards. I did like the ability to grind/gamble to get a set of nice-looking (albeit slow) wings and the black horse, and I wish the fashion in that list wasn't timed because I would have gone for that too. But if I made a new character again I would likely just choose to leave immediately and start on the quests in the normal world.

Fourth, the lack of bug fixes that really had been expected. Primarily the Auction House - this has been broken for months and really affects a lot of players who use it as a source of income. Not everyone can be a catshop. I did appreciate the timed commission shop item that was given but that only lasted a couple of weeks, and here we are still without a fix. Lycaeum is another one that bothers me. This has been broken since it was introduced, and got further broken in another patch. Now also the NPC that gave a quest for more stars has been removed, so that limits it even further for people that are not in PK mode.

I'm still also bothered by the quest font. I'm happy about the major font fix in the players' names, but I find the font in the quest window (primarily the choices you make) near impossible to read and am forced to just click at random now. Since a lot of the new quests don't explain objectives once in your list, that means I often have to go check PWdatabase to figure out what I am supposed to do. It can be aggravating for someone with a small monitor.

3. BUG FIXES. A lot of us would have been very happy to have some fixes for previous major and minor issues fixed either before or with this expansion. There were a lot of people that were unhappy when it was announced that this expansion was getting rushed in ahead of time, and all we wanted was for broken content to be fixed first. So it was even more disappointing to find that this major content update contained none of the fixes we'd been hoping for.

And, referring to a point made above, quests for the reincarnated would have made this a much more fun expansion. And it would have been nice to see hypers or FF restricted to 75+.

4. I'd love to see additional quest choices for the Morai dailies. It gets very boring doing the same thing day after day, especially when it comes to the timed quests which are very limited.

I'd also love to see a new PvE instance added that isn't just for 100+, in which we could farm something nice like gear, or a new form of supply token or tokens of luck, and perhaps something that doesn't always require a squad - it could have a solo mode like TT, but which actually has drops making it worth doing (unlike TT), or just be a solo instance in general.

More ways for 100+ people to gain exp would be nice (partly why the removal of the Mulberry Daily was upsetting). Those of us that are PvE and don't hyper find levelling near impossible past 100. For awhile we had 100+ Justice Quests that gave good exp but they were taken away - something like that brought back would be a nice addition. I'd also love to see the quests at 70+ updated. These are not worth the time it takes to do them for the exp reward that they give, and this is right at a time when levelling slows down and the exp is needed.

5. As someone who doesn't make use of hypers, and who did all of the quests available the first time around, I have found it difficult at 90+ to keep levelling. Aside from that, I didn't find the new quest chains difficult at all, and I haven't yet done Flowsilver so I can't comment on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MagicSkry - Morai
    MagicSkry - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love the reawakening, and the cards. I like that i can farm nuemas. The flowsilver is cool! I can farm my own sage/demon skills. The new starting place is pretty too. And the new gears from drops! The master sett btw.
    I love that in flowsilver we need all kind of characters to success. Barbs got new chance to life, they are almost died out.

The Faction base prices are still too high, and i think you must add some extra things there. The bugs oc, what i don't like, and the mobs in trial: they are around npc's. I hate the brainless botters too.
    I don't know why you removed that hidden dragon den, i never seen it.
    I hate the fact that you guys "fixed the jolly bug". And then you give some bots. I better use my gaming time to dig some for mr jones then let my pc play without me.

Focus on the faction bases: people are separating, don't want to play in team. Some new things there can give much more good players, and not just boring botters. Think about a reavakening for genies! Some pretty new genie skill can be good: some self-buff maybe, increasing attack or so. Some more title could also good, just for killing a large amount of random mob, dealt damage, damage taken, ellapsed gaming time, or so. Things what show that you are an old sea bear there, not a rich rookie.

I want to see events, where all classes must represent themselfs, to force people to try all classes. I want new, lovered prices inside the faction base, storages for the faction, and some more faction oriented quest/event to force people to play in teams.
    I also want to see some farming places, or daily farming sites, like the EU or so after lv 100. People must play lover levels too! Not just reaching lv 100 as soon as possible, because there is the only opportunity to get some coins.

No, not really, but many people don't know how to use the old contents, so do not mind it, dear gm's. There are a lot of forums where people can learn how to play, and the game is better, if i can explore strange new worlds!
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thanks!

I liked everything new to PWI. Keep it going!

SilverFlow Boss glitch...Quest glitch...glllllitttchhhhhhh....

Make nirvana bosses drop FS coins.

Arena with rankings.

Mass invasion of mobs strong as the ones Puppeteer is pulling out. Make these attacks non stop like a PVE mass invasion wars. Cant solo anything, need team or die.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014

that the new content was pretty expansive and gave us as players far more to do, in a very non-cash shop-y sort of way. the exp multiplier on quest was a novel way to speed rb p-leveling without affecting standard access to experience.

i dislike that this sort of planning had not taken place earlier, this sort of content was really satisfying and for a person like me who too a long break from seriously playing, I found this update to bring a lot to the table and show serious attention to player demand (in a realistic way)

personally, i would have loved if nirvana got a re-haul with the addition of a way to farm badges and exp (or some other sort of mat). i would love to see more world-bosses or an update to our current ones so that they are not solo-able at all. i think the idea of world bosses was awesome when i first started and eventually was able to fight one myself. It should really take a faction to kill one, and if this change were made the rewards would need adjusting, maybe add rare skillbooks and or a ton of exp(or experience items that can be traded).

I think also what could make things more attractive is to update the character models to one standard, currently to have 3 races with older textures, then 2 more subsequent sets of models/textures that look better. ini editing already makes customization fun but i think it would be better if we got new textures so old classes look as cool as the new content.

more of this, what was done with the primal world as even better than morai, i would love to see more quest chains and related dailies, story mode expansion, maps portions locked by quests. i really love how flowsilver is very balanced classwise, almost like what we have been asking be done to vana, that sort of upgrade would be awesome.

nope!!of course gear helps, but i don't think i would have problems on my undergeared alts. it's kind of satisfying to go in and completely **** caves that were the bane of my existence the first time around.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not sure did sparkiesoft thought through when he made this post
    f:grin f:grin f:grin
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Rebirthing system ended up a lot nicer than I expected, Primal area is pretty nice, and the Primal skill upgrades and passive skills are pretty good too.
    The Card system. This is just a cash shop real money sink/ time and coin sink and is totally out of place with the theme of this game, in my opinion. It would have been better to use the card stat principle in theme with the Primal skill books/passive increase books, which would have valued the time and effort of farming blood/pages more equally than farming or real money investment + random luck.

Out of principle I dislike the auto-culti system, because it has generally caused a lot of anger and frustration, mostly from people trying to do quests, which should be the priority. There is no debate, active players are more important than bots, so if active players are frustrated with something, it should be attended to. This could be fixed with added layers; the main layer with mobs + npcs etc, and the secondary layer, which is the same map, but only with mobs, so all botters can go to the secondary layer and mob kill without getting in the way of anyone else. Also it could be fixed by increasing the amount of XP you get from Reflecting, since generally it's more efficiant to bot instead of reflect, anyone who just wanted XP could just reflect instead and have a bigger XP boost. I know botting on the main map really inflates the amount of server activity, but after people constantly pm you angry messages about KSing or try to squad you often enough with no response soon they figure out that these aren't real players.

Some general dislikes I have now are that the amount of dailies is too damn high and there are too many untradable/unstashable things. I'll use Blood as an example; there's nothing wrong with wanting to farm Blood on one char to give it to another, or even use Blood as another thing to sell like any other material used to make things. Another example could be the weapons/armor that drops in bh79 and lower, they don't really need to be bound to char on pick up considering most people would like to use them on low level alts, and there isn't much market for them since most players goal is to be 100+ as quickly as possible.
    None, no new content. I'd rather see bugs fixed, balances made, and I feel like a lot of the content we have now (old dungeons like Vana etc) are not being used to their greatest potential, and until those things are done there's no need for anything new. Want to distract us for a while? Bring out another rebirth level and we're good for a few months. Add a few new map styles to NW even if they're just the same rehashed capture the flag or capture the point mechanic and that'll feel satisfying.

I'm not exactly in favour of making squading before NW impossible as I like to go with friends, but I think it could possibly help balance the often one-sidedness. Or at least look into a way of balancing the nations better, and find a way to help curb the multi-clienting in NW issue, as it is truly hampering the fundamental enjoyment of this event.

I'd like to see a few new things added to the NW forges, like Blood, Badges, unique fashion sets and weapon fashion.

Also I agree that the old classes need a graphical update as their base, so ini editing isn't needed to make them look fresh, in my opinion this expansion missed the opportunity greatly.
    Nope.
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can we please please get larger banks and bags? I got max everything bank, bag and cupboard and I STILL run out of room.

I'm also a packrat but thats besides the point b:surrender
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    FSP is nice. The instance is nothing special, but the bosses throw new attacks and some ever require team work. The new passive skills are helpful, although the lend more to super endgame than to midgame people.
    Biggest dislike has been the barb requirement in fsp. The game already has a tiny fraction of the player base it once had, now it requires a certain class? Kind of ridiculous seeing the squad making havoks and often complete disbanding of FSP squads after starting (losing it for the whole day) because one bosses has very specific conditions.

And majorly dislike bots. I use them, because 4 mil coin + an event cards overnight is great for me but its horrible for the community. Surprised PWE has let it continue considering with hundred of event gold people wont buy charms anymore. Anyways, I now totally kill steal because I assume everyone is a bot. Similarly, looking at my FL if I have 20 people on I assume 15 of them are just botting *sadface*. Worse, is allowing botting and implementing a bot of your own is just viewed as complete failure to be able to control your player base from running 3rd party programs in your game so instead of beating them, you joined them.
    I know we've kind of fubared the game dynamics by taking a game with 150 levels and squashing 101-105 together, but an entire area made of [?] mobs is slightly annoying. Game needs rebalancing in the pve area along with the obvious problems of elevating your undergeared/casual players without it being more helpful to your cs/merchants/richer players (like the new passives). Something that would provide a challenge for endgame players without being too difficult for casual players, or the opposite something that wouldn't be too easy/too farmable for endgame players but would be fun for casual players.
    More grind content. Making gameplay profitable, instead of merchanting or "quest can be performed once a day" areas. And preferably something not squad or class based. TT/Lunar/Nirvana appealed to a huge portion of the community while others disliked it. It didn't need to be slagged to make a small fraction of the community happy. There should be options for everyone.
    Nope. Not much is difficult anymore because of gear imbalance.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I disagree and I think this was a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014

It's helping me get a lot of good feedback and ideas for future suggestions. I think it's been going pretty well!
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014

finally some new quests to do, new areas to explore. the rebirth feature was some thing nice to see again and actually participate in this time around. the new added skills both active and the passives. having access to more stat points has been some interesting fun with. the avatar cards where interesting at first but, well have kind of gone stale for me, not going to sink major coin into those, was able to get ones that where good enough for me. The Rebirth chain quest was a nice surprise to find.

while the new quests are nice for the bloods and so on, i'm not to impressed with the quantity available daily quests and there xp rewards. why?.. well we now have to level to 105 3 times at this point. sure a new bh2 was added that has a higher reward but.. meh still not much in the way of xp reward dailies or at least new ones.

I would like to at least see 1 more first rebirth primal daily that has a blood reward at least to be able to get new skills and passives in a more timely manner so one can transition to 2nd rebirth and have the arcane skills done.

I still see a few untapped opportunities to give old areas a new purpose and or function.

the twin towers up north and east of etherblade; these could take a new purpose by allowing players to enter them and find in one towers rooms by level ranges 1-10,11-20,31-40, etc and 100+ for solo attempts ; 10 rooms per door with a challenge boss at the end the tenth room. the opposite tower would be for 10 player party runs with much more difficult bosses in the 10th room. both could also offer an opportunity for better per mob xp.

add a bhIII , warsong; snake + vile and cannon + vile, Nirvy, any 2-3 random bosses tt 3-3 any random 2-3 bosses.

would like to see a pve version of nation wars that could be done mid week, Defender of nations for those of us that either work weekends and can't participate or for those that feel that they are just too undergeared and aren't going to go in and get mowed over for the duration of the event and come out with little or nothing for there time. they could talk to the same npc and opt. for the DoN version and go in wends., or Thurs. and free a random nations land for invaders. lands could be done in tiers of difficulty, the higher tier are you clear before times up the better your rewards.

Na, was pretty easy to get thru
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you. Thanks!

That we've gotten more dailies for leveling now. I couldn't give you feedback on the new instances I haven't done them yet since I've been on a 2 month hiatus.

Once again, too much got broken, like it always does whenever we get an expansion......

1. Expanding the max cap on the inventories and banks. With more and more items being added to the game it's getting to be ridiculous. 2. Finding some way of putting the quest items in the quest inventory where they belong in the first place!

More events and more balanced PvE content that players can participate together in with all classes needed. Also more balanced PvP content. Also would like to see older content that has been broken forever finally be fixed. A better balance in endgame gear.

So far, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can we get a new class/race in the next expansion...b:sad
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014

New areas to explore

limited playability. ( you can only do x quest if you're x lvl etc )

once lvl 10 in primal, you should be able to finish the 'culti' quest there & Mirage lvl should create a new quest

More quests in Primal

Not really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hal505
    hal505 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Was fun to have it, just restarting it. The way we exchange the auqmetal, by betting.

You keep doing the same stupid thing, no fun for like 90 lvls, hypers should only be available for 2nd rebirth. Anyway too many high levels in all servers make easier to lvl up.

Astral access is only at lvl 1.

Making the aquametal and other relfection shards and so on.. to be able to bet for some prices, and do some arena like the pockie ninja-, your arena is empty- for some items like dragon orbs or sth that will make us gather them or buy them.

Use astral and primal world like a threshold to to enter all games, and keep the achivement in that astral gate to exchange it for all games in PWE.

Since you are using arc to keep an standard for armors suitable for all games.

I went away like for 6 months now. Playing xbox since i am not going to be in the game industry

For you to have more sales and keeping the great platform, you should listen to answer in question number 2 and start developing gates to enter the games selling the entry tickets after download should be for like 5 usd.

I mean a regular game for xbox is for like 50 usd, and after sometime it keeps going up for adds and specials.

You should do the same do the primal and astral a platform for arc, and give us content like ages, or spinoffs of the main game.

I mean if you go into primal you should be able to pay and get a storyline to kill dragons, undead or just travel in time to another era with your char, starting over like if you just arrived to it;

I.E. ... I can get a char from jade dinasty to travel to pwi or any other game or set, just like the storylines of dungeons and dragons. Making my one char worth for 10 different games.

I have already stated that neverwinter controls for some instances should be applied to instances in PWI, I mean you go to a specific instance with only some skills.

Not really, but once again the way neverwinter controls the environment is much better.