Morai hacking alert

Options
XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
This morning i've been noticed by a friend, that malicious agents are using the morai rollback compensation as vehicle to **** accounts.

Actually those hackers are sending e-mails entitled PW FR, to owners of accounts on morai server claiming they are delivering gold compensation to players affected by the rollback on Morai server.

Just for your information and inb4 ticket system will be flooded by people that got ****,

that's not the compensation we are waiting for, it's a scam and that'll lead your account to get ****,

unfortunately few ones fell into this already.
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thats what this lack of communication between players and PWE that made fuzzy leave causes.
    I blame PWE for everyone that have been ****.
    I hope PWE admit this and help all those **** players somehow ....... PWE fail once more.
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How would a hacker obtain email address of players for a certain server?

As far as I know there is no way to find a characters email address in game or in forums or on core connect. And if that personal information about players is being somehow leaked that is also a serious issue.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PW FR's a private server. I've gotten mail from them before, never followed up on it.

I don't know if the above mentioned hackers are associated with PW FR or any other private server, but any genuine compensation email is going to be from perfectworld.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thats what this lack of communication between players and PWE that made fuzzy leave causes.
    I hope PWE admit this and help all those **** players somehow ....... PWE fail once more.

Are you an idiot? PWE cannot control 3rd party malicious emails.

You lack a brain.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PW FR's a private server. I've gotten mail from them before, never followed up on it.

I don't know if the above mentioned hackers are associated with PW FR or any other private server, but any genuine compensation email is going to be from perfectworld.com.

This is not about any private server. What Hot is actually mentionning is happening on PWI's Morai server
    The scammer told people to go on a special URL, asking them to "log" in order to get compensation code following morai rollback. Then the scammer hacks players and send message to their friendlist and repeats action as much as he can.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It should be known by now already that nomatter who what or where is asking to enter both your username+password that it is clearly a scam. The only place you ever use both a. the game itself and b. the official pwi site.

PWI has informed everyone on every platform they own to never trust any site, pretend-gm or even their own gm's, when they ask for your log info. People still buying it should've invested less time in farming and more into securing their items.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Screen shot and ticket then; it sounded to me from Hot's post that players were getting emails directing them to the hacker site. You can also whisper GM with a description of the phishing message for potentially faster results. PWE takes in-game phishing seriously, and usually shuts them down fast.

In the past, they have also allowed posting screenshots on the forum here, contrary to the usual no naming and shaming rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How would a hacker obtain email address of players for a certain server?

As far as I know there is no way to find a characters email address in game or in forums or on core connect. And if that personal information about players is being somehow leaked that is also a serious issue.

That's not hard to get email address just saying.

+ people should never ever log into a site that is not the official.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You can't blame PWE for Idiot users.
    That's not hard to get email address just saying.

+ people should never ever log into a site that is not the official.
    ^^
    This right here. You can see who the mail is from. If you have any doubts that it might not be official, don't click on it's links. Always assume that you can get trolled by phishing mail like that and you will be a LOT less likely to be stupid enough to fall for one.

They prey on the idiots that can't be bothered to pay attention, or that are just too "green" at internet security.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    actually this **** works that once someone account gets "infected", all his friends get this hacking message\mail,
    yes its almost **** to log your information into third part websites but,
    in current situation, with Fero that announced a new EU website incoming, with Regerem that told us that PWEU management reached an agreement on the compensation, but nothing had been revealed yet,

one can consider it legit and log into that website, thats entitled PW france something, and unfortunately few fell for it, and the plague spread

i am not considering PWE innocent about this, cause leaving such rollback issue unresolved for almost a month now, gave hackers chance to take advantage of this opportunity

its also rumored, that the team behind this **** its a crew of old PW GMs\Devs...

and trust me there is an hell of a black market for endgame items such emperor tomes and defiance cubes i've seen them going sold for 3-400
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I am sorry but this is really a mess.

First announce that compensation will come via mail.
    Many people will loose afterwards with **** their accounts - because of third party pages and phising links via mail.
    Afterwards we getting the offical mail from Fero where we should also click on link to get dreamchaser package.

I manually visited redeem page and used the personal dreamchaser code on this page. (not by following link) and this worked.

For someone who is not so familar about IT and phising sites, you cant just say its an idiot.
    Its only human that you can be confused.

... and I am sorry but I have to admit, that a more clear and faster communication would may prevent such situation!

Ironic: Some will loose may be emporer or other high expensive stuff for a dreamchaser package.
    OMG
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah I'm the first one to say that people should be more cautious regarding this kind of things, but this is difficult to always blame people who are not used with bad behaviour on the internet (I don't know how to say that clearly, sorry)

And Morai server is in a special situation... Lack of communication first. Plus the fact that there is already three different forums, three different websites. A new website/forum currently under construction (so nobody knows the URL/domain/whatever) with no official release date.

Morai players have been talking about that for about 9 months so this is not that surprising to see people being more easily scammed.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah I'm the first one to say that people should be more cautious regarding this kind of things, but this is difficult to always blame people who are not used with bad behaviour on the internet (I don't know how to say that clearly, sorry)

And Morai server is in a special situation... Lack of communication first. Plus the fact that there is already three different forums, three different websites. A new website/forum currently under construction (so nobody knows the URL/domain/whatever) with no official release date.

Morai players have been talking about that for about 9 months so this is not that surprising to see people being more easily scammed.

I think I found the problem
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options

b:laugh
    That would explain the unintended rollback as well b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    doesnt stuff like this happen in mostly all big mmo's >> not the first time i hear of things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Free stuff can be pretty expensive for those greedy loathing self-entitled players who demand compensation for feeling slighted and inconvenienced every time a problem occurs.

It's always the fish who looks for an easy meal that ends up getting hooked then becoming a meal for something else if you know what I'm saying.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn