r9rr reroll for 7 attk lvs?

Options
geochris
geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
I finally made my r9rr dag after a seriously long time due to the final boss not spawning for a while and because I needed badges. For the most part I really dislike WS, I liked farming Nirvy a lot better (for comparison). With that caveat how important is 7 attk lvs?

As adds for the r9rr dag I got 18 attk lvs, 5% crit and 15 dex. A friend of mine is advising to reroll due to the low attk lv. But how important is 7 attack lvs? I have 2 garnet gems and enough orbs to +10 the wep when it is done.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the stats of daggers is the same as the r999 bow, I would check this out
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Most people aim for the average of 20 attack levels. Whilst 7 may not seem much, it does add up when you stack other things like the attack bonus from the gear set, attack levels from ornaments, blessings and now the War Avatars.

Rerolling might also give you 6% Crit instead (I think that was the max?) and more Dex though it may also just give you less attack, less crit and worse dex.

It's up to you but remember that this is going to be your endgame weapon and seeing as we had the War Avatar update instead of gear update we'll probably not have any other gear update in a while. You'll be stuck with that weapon so better settle for what you are satisfied with.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PREIIST - Morai
    PREIIST - Morai Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    geochris wrote: »
    I finally made my r9rr dag after a seriously long time due to the final boss not spawning for a while and because I needed badges. For the most part I really dislike WS, I liked farming Nirvy a lot better (for comparison). With that caveat how important is 7 attk lvs?

As adds for the r9rr dag I got 18 attk lvs, 5% crit and 15 dex. A friend of mine is advising to reroll due to the low attk lv. But how important is 7 attack lvs? I have 2 garnet gems and enough orbs to +10 the wep when it is done.

It dosent matter much,your crit % is good and dex is not bad too. People reroll for attack lvls to be cool thats all,but if your daggers are not refined or sharded yet ,why not try to get more attack lvls ? maybe you be lucky and get more attack lvls+ more crit+ more dex than these ones, who knowes :P Good luck!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the stats of daggers is the same as the r999 bow, I would check this out

Leave all the subjective stuff and just look at this reply. ^
    If you want to decide how close to perfect you want, you should compare the costs of rerolling to other improvements on your toon. If for example you think you will upgrade your cube amulet to G16 and use JOSD for those few extra attack and defense levels, you should reroll your weapon to the top few % to fit in.

If you are going to be using G14 belts and amus, immaculate shards nirvana helm and you will probably never get more than 1 S card, then you should widen your range. Too lazy to make more precise calculations for deciding what range fits your ambitions.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Leave all the subjective stuff and just look at this reply. ^
    If you want to decide how close to perfect you want, you should compare the costs of rerolling to other improvements on your toon. If for example you think you will upgrade your cube amulet to G16 and use JOSD for those few extra attack and defense levels, you should reroll your weapon to the top few % to fit in.

If you are going to be using G14 belts and amus, immaculate shards nirvana helm and you will probably never get more than 1 S card, then you should widen your range. Too lazy to make more precise calculations for deciding what range fits your ambitions.

I would more say its time consuming than expensive to reroll the weapon. I may not have G16 cube neck, maxed refines, and such things as JOSD, but I'm satisfied with my rerolls and I'm proud of them. I know people whom have ~16 attack level while very high refines (and higher refines than me) due to larger amounts of coin than me, but still I have more time to play and farm the badges etc and result is my stats are better.

- And of course luck! xD
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I would more say its time consuming than expensive to reroll the weapon. I may not have G16 cube neck, maxed refines, and such things as JOSD, but I'm satisfied with my rerolls and I'm proud of them. I know people whom have ~16 attack level while very high refines (and higher refines than me) due to larger amounts of coin than me, but still I have more time to play and farm the badges etc and result is my stats are better.

Ye of course, you have to farm stuff yourself. Im no CSer though so for me time=money. Badge = 300k :)

Good thing you mention it though, i better start collecting many many badges as i plan to go R9 next sale :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ye of course, you have to farm stuff yourself. Im no CSer though so for me time=money. Badge = 300k :)

Good thing you mention it though, i better start collecting many many badges as i plan to go R9 next sale :)

My r9 and r999 is half farmed half luck-merchanted ^^
    It may be true time is money, a catshop or bot running while doing warsong should still give some profit though.
    I mostly run with close friends and we have always been selling each other EoO cheaper to each other as well, sometimes I have been bringing in alt as well for 2x6 badges, so I never found my time better spent somewhere else. I enjoy spamming warsong runs and I still do. As I felt lucky with my farming and everything, I was as well lucky with both my clerics and venomancers r999 weapon rolls (+24 attack level, -10% chan, +15 mag.... +23 attack level, -10% chan, +18 mag) both being only rerolled once... This luck made my expectations higher on my other weapons like my BMs fists, which I rerolled 40+ times and still got nothing impressive, finally one int though. I gave up on her axes, pole and blade is out of question.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I mostly needed dex and crit, it already has omgwtfhazorz dmg, more att lvls are meh.
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the R9rr bow. It looks like my dagger stats are #340 out of 832. So it looks like I will continue to grind WS as often as I can. Thanks for the info!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    in full r9rs3 gear 7 attack levels will not be a noticeable improvement, but it will help cancel out some more defense levels (if any) of the opposing player. As people posted above trying to get max attack levels is more novelty than real improvement.

People were not farming badges because incarnate was not spawning? That is really odd, if you skip incarnate you could be nearly halfway through a second instance by the time you kill them both. killing incarnate in a multi-run badge farming squads is very inefficient.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    MrRiddle - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    People were not farming badges because incarnate was not spawning?
    was the earth boss that was glitched sal therefore couldn't get last boss either
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I mostly needed dex and crit, it already has omgwtfhazorz dmg, more att lvls are meh.

On a JoSD target, 7 attack levels will be a significant damage boost. If he is PvE only then the dex is priority, but any kind of PvP is better with higher attack levels.
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    in pve 7 attack levels is not worth the time
    but concerning pvp/pk it is well worth you efforts
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Reroll it until you get stats that are far above average. There are no daggers atm that are better than r93 daggers, period, so you're going to want the most out of them. I made the mistake of +12ing mine with +20atk levels +3 crit and +14 dex which I really regret, I wish I had have rerolled for something better before refining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My weapon got +17 attack levels on first roll, I didn't even care about improving the adds because I just landed flat in the middle of the road, and at that time I much preferred to refine the weapon. I think a question I ask to myself on occasion is should I had tried for better adds, and I always end up leaning in favor of refining over re-rolling.

Do you honestly care to get 20+ attack levels and some adds? How long could this take? How much money would this cost you, and ultimately sink into your other efforts of refining, sharding, and skilling?

......... When you can just get started on refining right away?

You got a very slightly better roll than I did, and I did question my roll as well when I got it. I did sit on it for about a day, but by morning I decided to refine.

There were two primary factors in my decision:

1) Money is an issue, I am not going to sink more money into this game than I have to, I was already a complete sap and bought full r9 off sales.

2) I was in a hurry to gear-up and catch up with other players to remain competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010