I want to know how moderators are feeling right now. b:angry

What is the best as moderator?

What is the worst as moderator?
Post edited by AegonVI - Morai on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im gonna GUESS majority of the time its a thankless job where you have to hold your tongue while trying to be civil at obnoxious asstards while locking merging moving threads for those that either have fewer knowledge of the forums or are again, the prior named flock of posters f:fan Hopefully a mod will indulge us with the brighter side of mod-ism
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm sure they aren't happy at the moment as they have to deal with a thread necroing idiot right now.
  • Venficuss - Heavens Tear
    Venficuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:laugh lol moderaters dont work pwi is broke and wil stay broke if they fix it pwi would become a real game we couldnt have that imagne pwi as a real game db:shocked
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    im gonna GUESS majority of the time its a thankless job where you have to hold your tongue while trying to be civil at obnoxious asstards while locking merging moving threads for those that either have fewer knowledge of the forums or are again, the prior named flock of posters f:fan Hopefully a mod will indulge us with the brighter side of mod-ism
    Yep, that's pretty much it, and why I've never volunteered.

Though I would probably close/merge more of the stupid threads that get started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    wheres the mods b:angry
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Poulpe - Sanctuary
    Poulpe - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:laugh lol moderaters dont work pwi is broke and wil stay broke if they fix it pwi would become a real game we couldnt have that imagne pwi as a real game db:shocked

The moderators are just players like you and me who volunteer (as in, are not paid but do it anyway) to regulate the forums. They have absolutely nothing to do with how the game itself is managed. Even the people who do have a hand in it can't take many liberties with the code we get from China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PoetrySlam ♥ Maîtresse des lames
    Napgenius ♥ Archer
    Flocabulary ♥ Assassin
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What i want to know is where do they find the time to play and sort the forums out? b:laugh i can easily spent hours on end in game constantly doing stuff and i dont have much time to read the forums let alone read every single post to check for forum violations. I tip my hat to all you mods b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014

Thankless? Yes.
    Being civil? We all try our hardest to.
    Locking/merging threads? Oh heck yea.
    Dealing with... people? You have no idea...

But seriously, now that Fuzzy has left, I am the longest standing mod here (been about 3+ years). Is it a good job? I think so, I like everything that's happened (for better or worse) because it's helped me learn loads of things that I can apply elsewhere. Do I wish that I could have done certain things differently? Probably, people make mistakes.

What's good about being a moderator is that we've been able to help the community of PWI (so much we're confused to be GM's... ><) with loads of things (that may or may not have been fixed). I love that we've been able to change a lot within the game (remember INI edits?), and having that (minor) communication with the higher ups is something that, at least for me, has always been a dream to get to do ever since I've been playing games. Sure, there may be the idiots that troll the forums, spambots, and flame wars, but that's all around us in life. Maybe being a mod has helped with learning to "deal with people" (and even more so because you can't deal with them in person, you have to find ways to cool situations down with anonymous people who may not listen), and in my opinion, right now...

I'm feeling pretty good.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for your services krissy.
    *passes her a chocolate kitten as a thank you gift*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited January 2014
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Now that's cute <3

It may be thankless for a ton of people, but for many who frequent these forums, we thank you for your service. Ima coordinate with Desdi and see if we can have a surprise mod appreciation day b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vengeance - Morai
    Vengeance - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Thankless? Yes.
    Being civil? We all try our hardest to.
    Locking/merging threads? Oh heck yea.
    Dealing with... people? You have no idea...

But seriously, now that Fuzzy has left, I am the longest standing mod here (been about 3+ years). Is it a good job? I think so, I like everything that's happened (for better or worse) because it's helped me learn loads of things that I can apply elsewhere. Do I wish that I could have done certain things differently? Probably, people make mistakes.

What's good about being a moderator is that we've been able to help the community of PWI (so much we're confused to be GM's... ><) with loads of things (that may or may not have been fixed). I love that we've been able to change a lot within the game (remember INI edits?), and having that (minor) communication with the higher ups is something that, at least for me, has always been a dream to get to do ever since I've been playing games. Sure, there may be the idiots that troll the forums, spambots, and flame wars, but that's all around us in life. Maybe being a mod has helped with learning to "deal with people" (and even more so because you can't deal with them in person, you have to find ways to cool situations down with anonymous people who may not listen), and in my opinion, right now...

I'm feeling pretty good.

Would be nice if you could get any GM/MOD/CM or at least anything for the morai server cause we are left a part lol.
    Regerem left as well, he was more active on neverwinter and now we don't get any info at all about morai compensation, bug who are ig which getting fixed or any info.
    Would you bee so kind to talk about that at pwi compagny?

Greetings

Vengeance from Morai b:laugh
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Would be nice if you could get any GM/MOD/CM or at least anything for the morai server cause we are left a part lol.
    Regerem left as well, he was more active on neverwinter and now we don't get any info at all about morai compensation, bug who are ig which getting fixed or any info.
    Would you bee so kind to talk about that at pwi compagny?

Greetings

Vengeance from Morai b:laugh

I don't think 80% of people understand what mods, or even gms do. All mods do is make sure the forum rules are followed. They are volunteers, and aren't payed. They are normal players in game, and can't do anything special. In forums, all they can do is delete/move/close threads, and edit things to make sure rules are followed. In a rare occasion, i think they also have the power to block a user from posting in forums GMs are the same, except for they have powers in game. They can enforce discipline on players breaking rules in the game. GMs are payed however, and there are only a few of them split between all the servers. The PWE administrators are the only ones who can authorize compensation and activate events. The fact you think mods are able to give you compensation for your server crashing shows how little you know (1 post total, and its a complaint, how typical.) And all you do is complain, but the morai server merge between mormogan and lothranis was the result of administration listening to your complaints about server population and merging, which was something they knew would cause instability. If you are going to cry like a baby, please go cry in the right place, the support section of website, and write a damned ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vengeance - Morai
    Vengeance - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think 80% of people understand what mods, or even gms do. All mods do is make sure the forum rules are followed. They are volunteers, and aren't payed. They are normal players in game, and can't do anything special. In forums, all they can do is delete/move/close threads, and edit things to make sure rules are followed. In a rare occasion, i think they also have the power to block a user from posting in forums GMs are the same, except for they have powers in game. They can enforce discipline on players breaking rules in the game. GMs are payed however, and there are only a few of them split between all the servers. The PWE administrators are the only ones who can authorize compensation and activate events. The fact you think mods are able to give you compensation for your server crashing shows how little you know (1 post total, and its a complaint, how typical.) And all you do is complain, but the morai server merge between mormogan and lothranis was the result of administration listening to your complaints about server population and merging, which was something they knew would cause instability. If you are going to cry like a baby, please go cry in the right place, the support section of website, and write a damned ticket.

Lol Dear mrs freak,

Idc if it's mod/gm/cm but at morai we have 0 which means if we post on french forum we get no response anymore or neither any info what about to happen with errors who still are in the game and having only 1 post lol you think i'm an alt or something to come complain? i just came to ask if she could do something about it ;) don't be that offensive

Greetings

Vengeance Morai b:laugh
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Lol Dear mrs freak,

Idc if it's mod/gm/cm but at morai we have 0 which means if we post on french forum we get no response anymore or neither any info what about to happen with errors who still are in the game and having only 1 post lol you think i'm an alt or something to come complain? i just came to ask if she could do something about it ;) don't be that offensive

Greetings

Vengeance Morai b:laugh

Like I said. Write a damn ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited January 2014
    It may be thankless for a ton of people, but for many who frequent these forums, we thank you for your service. Ima coordinate with Desdi and see if we can have a surprise mod appreciation day b:cute

@ Gecko, That sounds nice, but now it's not a surprise! xD

@ Vengance, unfortunately what Gecko mentioned (send a ticket) is the only thing I can tell you b:surrender
    edited January 2014
    hohoho i guessed right
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I enjoy moderating the forums! It allows me to be nice to everyone, and to do good to people. I also can learn to deal with troublemakers in a nice and civil way that enforces the rules! :D
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I enjoy moderating the forums! It allows me to be nice to everyone, and to do good to people. I also can learn to deal with troublemakers in a nice and civil way that enforces the rules! :D

O.O skai you still exist?
    I haven't seen you recently, you must be spending way too much time watching MLP and too little time modding. Its ok though, great idea leaving all the hard work to troll rock kossy b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skai exists modsy-wise..... he's just quiet.... :x
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skai exists modsy-wise..... he's just quiet.... :x
    O.O skai you still exist?
    I haven't seen you recently, you must be spending way too much time watching MLP and too little time modding. Its ok though, great idea leaving all the hard work to troll rock kossy b:victory

I'm still around! And unfortunately I'm quite behind in MLP xD;; I've been extremely busy finishing up my final semester in my undergraduate studies, so I haven't had as much time to moderate, let alone play the game. But once I'm done I'll be posting more often!

b:pleased
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I wanted to say it's pretty much what you would expect but

then I realized that people think that we are GMs. And that we get a salary. And that we have secret plots to hide information on the first page. And things like that....

So I'll just say it's nice to be able to lend a hand to an awesome community. But it sucks dealing with people who are too extreme and being confused for employees.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Since everyone else is posting here I can't avoid it anymore, can I?
    I wanted to say it's pretty much what you would expect but

then I realized that people think that we are GMs. And that we get a salary. And that we have secret plots to hide information on the first page. And things like that....

So I'll just say it's nice to be able to lend a hand to an awesome community. But it sucks dealing with people who are too extreme and being confused for employees.

+1 this.

Being able to help out even in a small way is great. Having to deal with some of the stuff that comes as a result of some people being... the way they are is not so great. I miss being able to openly call people out on **** without needing to be civil at times.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Since everyone else is posting here I can't avoid it anymore, can I?

+1 this.

Being able to help out even in a small way is great. Having to deal with some of the stuff that comes as a result of some people being... the way they are is not so great. I miss being able to openly call people out on **** without needing to be civil at times.

You are a stupid rock face hiding behind a veno mask! You can't fool me, evil do-er! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! b:angry

disclaimer for the people who can't tell what sarcasm is. You just witnessed it.

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You are a stupid rock face hiding behind a veno mask! You can't fool me, evil do-er! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! b:angry

disclaimer for the people who can't tell what sarcasm is. You just witnessed it.

*chuckles* *bombards Venu with plastic cookies*
    *gives a real cookie* :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    I know the truth!!

that you are not godddssss! b:angry

• krisnda
    edited January 2014
    Umm, yup. xD

I'm lol'ing at my wall of text lol.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014

*chuckles* *bombards Venu with plastic cookies*
    *gives a real cookie* :3

COOKIES! *noms*
    I know the truth!!

that you are not godddssss! b:angry

Not yet......

*evil shifty eye glance*

but soon we shall rule the world like one!

Mwu hahahahahaa! *coughs*

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Not yet......

*evil shifty eye glance*

but soon we shall rule the world like one!

Mwu hahahahahaa! *coughs*
    Don't mind me. Just preparing the various orbital bombardment weapons in case of any resistance.
    (Insert fancy image here)