....Can we get adjusted charm prices/charm size?

Options
Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestion Box
Let's be real here. Back when Platinum charms were created, having 16k HP was a big deal and barb was the "expensive charm burning class" because of it.

Now? Now everyone and their mother has 16k HP and Barbs are rocking 40k+.

Last TW I attended was 2 hours 10 minutes long and I, as a Psy, spent 500k charm. To my knowledge, I wasted the least amount of charm of anyone in that war. (obviously it's certainly likely there was someone with less, but of those that have spoken up, I'm the lowest) Keep in mind I'm playing a class that either dies in one shot or avoids damage altogether, so I rarely have moments where I tank tons of damage before finally dying, thus my charm bill would be the cheapest of all classes, most likely.

Of course PWI wants to make money off charms, but starving the economies by making charms so ungodly expensive is a good way to kill the game in and of itself. I'm sure the developers themselves would agree.

So as a suggestion, can we either see higher charms (Diamond charms? 4mil HP?) or lower charm prices to compensate for the drastically different HP standards seen today as compared to when platinum charms were first introduced?
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    good luck trying to convince them to lower the prices. they probably sell charms like candy. the best way to avoid 'spending' too much is to farm dq points and just buy charms from the event boutique - but you will probably burn through about 2 of them in a TW (i cant imagine how many a barb would burn through lol). I could possibly see higher amount charms in the future, but they will come from packs and most likely cost a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i wouldnt mind them making a larger charm lol

say...

TITANIUM CHARM! ............rofl

for the low cost of 10G and 2,600,000HP b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    We just had Archosaur Glorious Treasure box which gave out tons of gold charms to the servers. And with botting Event gold is easier to acquire than ever for more free charms (until they remove DQ points anyway).

So charm prices being high are probably more of an indicator of low demand than anything.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    afk bot farm DQs for event gold until they take it out.

But serious, I have 20.5k HP when buffed now. Most of the really well-geared barbs on the server are pushing 40-50k+. Think it's time for a bigger HP charm at least. p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited January 2014
    Options
    maybe the new ingame challenge is to keep our game purses full. No organ selling allowed.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    and while we are on it, increase bag limit to 1 bil please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited January 2014
    Options
    afk bot farm DQs for event gold until they take it out.

But serious, I have 20.5k HP when buffed now. Most of the really well-geared barbs on the server are pushing 40-50k+. Think it's time for a bigger HP charm at least. p;

easy to say... only if they dont get pked by a certain someone... b:avoid lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevvah - Archosaur
    Nevvah - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    good luck trying to convince them to lower the prices. they probably sell charms like candy. the best way to avoid 'spending' too much is to farm dq points and just buy charms from the event boutique - but you will probably burn through about 2 of them in a TW (i cant imagine how many a barb would burn through lol). I could possibly see higher amount charms in the future, but they will come from packs and most likely cost a lot more.

PWI removed DQ, remember.
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Atleast someone remembers that.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
    edited January 2014
    Options

You mean theyre going to. I just used it not long ago, its still working for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    easy to say... only if they dont get pked by a certain someone... b:avoid lol

Botting in the front part of third map on a pvp server is kinda just asking to get killed. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Botting in the front part of third map on a pvp server is kinda just asking to get killed. b:avoid

b:laugh well at least it wasnt meeee lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Lower prices...doubt.
    I'd agree we need charms with more HP now though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Charms are for weaklings.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Charms are for weaklings.

So is Blood Paint and heals! b:scorn
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So is Blood Paint and heals! b:scorn

Joke's on you, I always forget to use BP b:shocked
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Cheaper charms ? I doubt that will happen.

Bigger charms ? Putting gold and platinum in event boutique would be nice. Charms bigger then platinum doesn't concern me, even though I can see the use for the big barbs.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    id be happy if they let us remove, and even limited to, unused charm off our character if we mistakenly equip it...

like my shop alts with plat charms on................
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    moved to the suggestion box where it belongs, but I gotta agree 1000%.

Fun fact, when I rerolled servers I strongly considered a PVP server just for stuff like this. Ultimately chose HT because I had already started a toon there back when KawaiiJen briefly made a new faction and because I was harrassed on my lowbie when I tried out HL and decided the free-for-all PK wasn't for me even then, but that is definitely one mighty good benefit of one.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hey No Promises. But ill Log this So its seen Both Ideas. I prefer the idea of bigger HP / MP charms my self dam a mystic can eat a charm.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Titanium Charm... I like it! b:victory

I'll pass the idea on up the chain.