New skills..

Options
BoomBastic - Morai
BoomBastic - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
Hey all, been taking a break from the game for a while, and now im back for some casual playing.
- I just strated my 1 rebirth.. What i wanted to know, the new merge skills.
Which ones should i get, and which should I stay away from? (I've been reading the forums, but it seems to be scattered results)

Ty fellow bald BM's b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BoomBastic - Morai on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Check out the primal world, see which skills require a mirage page to make. Those skills will take you some time to farm. Right now i think you can farm 2 blood per day. That is about 30 days for a 60 blood skill. 5 days for a 10 blood skill.

Soon we will be able to farm 5 bloods a day, that is 2 days for a 10 blood skill, and 12 days for a 60 blood skill.

Blood is the most limiting factor for most people who want to acquire skills.

Personally all skills seem fun to me, but we will know more over the next 2~4 months as more people start getting all of the skills and start using them.
  • BoomBastic - Morai
    BoomBastic - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, what i was asking (mayby i was a bit unclear)
    Was, what skills are worth to get?
    And more important! which ones should i stay away from?
    Merging skills = losing some, just wanted to know if they are all worth getting..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    at this point noone is 100% sure. some are still trying to get em and since the skills are so new we dont rly know how they work in every single situation. prob gunna be someone like TheDan who comes up with the ones that are best and which to stay away from. tbch i like ferocious(any1 sides me notice the name change) leap.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Honestly, all the new skills are/look pretty good... The thing is, people are on the fence because: 1) It might mess up with certain combos 2) Reduced number of aoes.

This update actually encourages people to do more weapon swapping and go for more weapon paths other than just axes and fists (an example is the new spirit chaser + farstrike combo). I got the new spirit chaser yesterday and it got almost 2x stronger than the lvl 11 one, plus the range was extended to 20 meters, which goes farther than the demon farstrike.

As an all paths bm, I welcome these new skills with open arms and am not afraid to get them all. b:victory
  • Uno_one_ - Sanctuary
    Uno_one_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Now that people are high mirage leveled and have had chances to test lots of these new skills- what would you recommend getting first, second, third etc... I have a lot of blood stocked up.

Also, any neat or unexpected observations on any of the new skills?
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ferocious leap is imho a must have .. i also absolutely love the armycrusher (demon bm's only mite disagree on this) atm im saving for the drake bash and then ill do the higland merger and last the aeolian merger ... i found out the passives were worth my time at start hence i havent gotten more of them. probably what id do now knowing how these skills work wud be in order to get -> drake bash merger -> highland merger-> ferocious leap -> armycrusher > aeolian merger... Then again its up to every1 wether they want in same order or no and at which point passives come into play .. i went all out on the dmg increasing passive gained 4% crit boost from that passive and took one of the defence passives ..

PS. i wudnt waste time on the polearm skills at least yet ... maybe when all else is done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    IMO only go for Dragon Rising if you're going for PVP, or it won't do you any good. I'd first go for the more accessible ones, then focus on the 60 primordial blood ones.

Since PVP won't be my thing untill I can gear up decently, I'm currently going for the 30 blood ones, then I wanna check Star Smite first, as it's adds seems quite promissing, expecially for a Sage BM.