Graphics?

Options
Importcars - Sanctuary
Importcars - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
When is pwi going to upgrade graphics server? I did mine last week ago so now, it's time for pwi to upgrade LOL.....
Post edited by Importcars - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    no, do you even realize how many ****ing bugs and broken **** there would be?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Never.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    When is pwi going to upgrade graphics server? I did mine last week ago so now, it's time for pwi to upgrade LOL.....

PWI is based on PWE's proprietary game engine codenamed Angelica. Every aspect of the game including the graphics processing in the client version is based off that. PWE would probably have to recode the game from scratch to update the graphics processing.

In other words they won't
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Content > graphics! I don`t need to lag even more!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

That's why they don't. Damn them people playing on a toaster. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Try putting the optimization settings to basic models AKA nakey mode. b:laugh

Also as a random piece of info I was surprised to learn an entire action packed NW at max settings only consumed 7mb of download data. That's almost dial up speed.

If the servers can't handle that much traffic, PWI must have some incredibly fat unhealthy hamsters b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    .... Graphics... server....

I'm... going to go over to that corner and laugh for a while. Thanks.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just imagine all the people that can barely play now because they haven't updated their PC since Windows ME.....

Now think of what they would have to do if the client got updated to require something made since 2008 instead of 2004.

Now think of all the QQ....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just imagine all the people that can barely play now because they haven't updated their PC since Windows ME.....

Now think of what they would have to do if the client got updated to require something made since 2008 instead of 2004.

Now think of all the QQ....b:chuckle

The lag complaints as is is pretty horrible. The forum flood we'd get from that... noplz b:shocked
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BTW if I had to buy an uber PC to run top tier games I would not even play PWI, or at least wouldn`t do much here, would catch up on missed single player games. b:cute
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    IJS if someone really wants to play a game for INSANELY nice graphics there are other games out there.....why break pwi more just for some really nice graphics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

so...because you updated your graphics last week, pwi should do as well? Sounds reasonable sure. I logged on today, let's have some GM's log on toof:grin
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BTW if I had to buy an uber PC to run top tier games I would not even play PWI, or at least wouldn`t do much here, would catch up on missed single player games. b:cute
    I just upgraded a system

i7 6-core (shows 12 in Windows), 16GB Ram, GTX700ti, and everything is overclocked.

Client fully loads in like 15 seconds and the FPS is off the chart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    .... Graphics... server....

I'm... going to go over to that corner and laugh for a while. Thanks.

IKR!
    I thought everyone would be laughing for those words, but so far is just you and me o_o
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't think the client uses a server to render the game for you, OP. That's expensive and impractical.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I just upgraded a system

i7 6-core (shows 12 in Windows), 16GB Ram, GTX7700ti, and everything is overclocked.

Client fully loads in like 15 seconds and the FPS is off the chart.

Send me that beast f:despise
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Send me that beast f:despise
    Cost $2,000 to build, and I'm good at finding discounts. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    imagine it with snowmen snowflakes lag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    imagine it with snowmen snowflakes lag

Oh gods... That would be so horrible.
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It was announced on the passed expansions including this one how the "Graphics" would be addressed. But not to the extent to actually make a difference apparently.

What needs to be done is the graphics engine needs to be overhauled because it makes no sense that about 90% of this game is directly processed at the "CPU" and not the GPU". Most of the video lag we experience in this game is 100% due to that fact.

No matter how GREAT your video card is. This game's graphics engine is simply too old and relies on older techniques to render the 3d environment.

If the engine was updated we wouldn't have the horrible video lag we have today. But will the New Dev's address this? I wonder... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/