Returning Player - veno goals ??

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Venomancer
So I have a lvl 101 veno and lvl 101 herc and a bunch of lvl 100 normal pets (sawfly's , eldergoths. walkers and skatefish.

I haven't played the veno in about a year and there seems so much to do now I don't know where to start.

Knowing what you all know now, can you give me some direction. Now I don't really mean gear related because I'll stick with pve and maybe the odd nw, I mean with the pets and the veno itself - what should I be trying to achieve??

Thanks for any replies/advice.

(to clarify - I haven't touched the veno since before that expansion with the new veno instance....)
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Your goal should be to evolve your pets, well at least the ones that can be evolved, and try to get a good inherit/mood for them.

After that, I don't know really...it depends on what you want to do with her. Rebirth for extra stats and new skills? Farm better better gear?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tks Desdi,, I was just reading your 'evolving' guide. Are they any thoughts on best practise for moods etc for the herc?

EDIT - tks again for below post Desdi
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You can check this thread out. It was a discussion about best/favourite moods for pets :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hnnnn.... if/when you decide to do a rebirth: you can't use your level 100 pets until level 65ish, so a bit before you do that it might be a good idea to pick up a 'little pet' and save some stars for a few days to be able to level it up alongside you without grinding extra (you'll get an exp boost after rebirth, the pet doesn't I don't think...)... just to tide you over until you can use your normal pets again.
    Some venos have said they didn't miss their pets at all and others have mentioned feeling squishy (I think it was Mayfly and Desdi respectiveily, sorry if I misinterpreted dear x3) because you'll be pretty OP for low level dungeons, but I guess around the 50+ level range or so in rebirth having a pet is nice.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]