Failure of Communication and Effective Mismanagement

SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hello all.

Now, first off, I want to mention that I do not have a single character on Morai. This thread is also not a rant thread, but is a thread meant to help you improve as a company. Thus, there is no reason for this thread to be closed.

That said, you PWI staff have failed a critical factor of management, and that is effective communication. If a rollback was to be in place, then this is something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED before you did it. Consider the time, and energy that people put into their toons...playing your game, and seeking to make progress in it. This way, people can at least be aware and not devout such time and dedication for it to be all for naught.

Lets look at some of the things that people lost...

Experience
Spirit
Bloods
Pages
Coin
Gold
Supply Tokens
Skills
Mats
Random Items
DQ
Fashion
Dyes
Mounts
Flyers
Lucky items (i,e 3.30 wings/matchless wings, and things of that nature)
Improved armor/weapons/ornaments
Refines
Shards
Cultivation
Sales
Purchases
Customization
TIME

...And this list doesn't even sum up the lost that your player-base took.

All of this, and from what I saw on the maintenance thread, not even a single word of it was given...not an apology...not an explanation...not a word of compensation...not a hand reaching out to your players in the darkness. You have told them nothing, said nothing, simply violated them, and told them to laugh it off.

This is not tolerable behavior. Now, as some players have pointed out in other threads, you are allowed to do this based upon the TOS. However, allow me to inform you that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean that you SHOULD do something. The action that you took was essentially rude to your player base. It was a sign of disrespect, and showed us how little you care. Now I realize that in the case of many mods, and even in CM's/GM's, etc...that your hands are tied on certain matters, including disclosure. However, appropriate communication should have been used in a serious situation like this was. Your players on Morai played your game despite its massive flaws, and in response, you disrespect them like this...to give them a rollback, and not tell them anything about it BEFORE it happened, and not even have the DECENCY to tell them about it AFTER if happened. Players had to log in, and find out for themselves, as you NEVER EVEN ADDRESSED IT.

Lets look at things you could have addressed....

Failed Santa Event
Caravan Guarding quest requiring PVP mode to be activated
Santa Spam
Warsong being glitched
Mounts being glitched
and numerous other issues.

On Morai, those issues were exponentially greater...and still they played...and you treat them like this. On one of your prior maintenance threads, I joked and said that the teleport master, bh npc, tt pillars, warsong npc, nirvana npc, fc npc, and a few others would all be broken. The next day, you ironically managed to break most of them.

You lost one your oldest mods Fuzzy, due to lack of appropriate communication. Now, people may have mixed feelings about the Panda, but that doesn't change the fact that you're failing utterly to communicate with your player base. However, that street runs both ways...so while you may feel as though we aren't WORTH TALKING TO, we can also feel that your game isn't WORTH playing. Keep in mind that this game isn't exactly the most exemplary game on the market, nor is it the latest. This game is a bit dated in age, but has a solid foundation with a good initial concept. Don't let those pro's fool you into believing that your game has reached the pinnacle, and that the player base isn't worth talking to. Communication is key, and is a make it or break it dynamic of any game, company, or relationship. This is a relationship between you and your players PWI, and if you want to leave your players in the darkness....don't be surprised when you look around and find yourself in the darkness too.

I will once more reiterate this isn't a Rant thread. I'm not ranting as it is, so again, there is no reason for this thread to be closed. I have not mentioned any other games either that would be in competition with PWI. I am in fact, unaffected directly by this rollback of Morai, so I have little reason to rant. This thread is meant with the purpose of reminding you to communicate with your player-base, before you lose them. It is to help you PWI, and to help you to grasp a better understanding of the gravity of the situation.

Talk to your player-base, before you lose them, and remember that just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should. There is a cause and effect from every action and inaction that you choose to take. As the common adage goes, pick your poison.

Furthermore, let me give you some tips on the rules of engagement for proper and effective management...since this seems to be a principle area that you are lacking in:

Discussions

I'll end it by stating this.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Have a wonderful day.
"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
Post edited by SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -Disregard. I fixed it and put it all into one post.-
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pwe is just a depressing company. just knowing that they 98% won't even adress what happened with anything other than " we fixed the bugs now go ** yourself, compensation? you got your compensation! a buggy patch that didn't work properly and destroyed half the game by making things buggy as hell. that's compensation for you! o btw we will rollback you, and no we don't want to use rollbacks when they are actually needed like for example with the orb glitch. no cause we want glitchers and botters and cheaters and everything like that. it makes them stay and pay. it's good for our pockets, which is all we really care about. ho ho ho merry we won't say anything to you at all christmas. "

o btw dq page still up
    o btw no new arc **** that they said would be implemented
    o btw most 10000 orb glitchers unbanned already
    o btw no news on compensation
    o btw gm's won't even adress a single word from the community
    o btw DoD is an ******* for not adressing a single question aimed towards his own words while still being here posting **** about updates calling them successfull while they destroy servers.

• Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost right about everything, except there is no "PWI staff" if there would be anyone working for PWI the game wouldnt look like it is, GMs from other games like admins coming here time from time to post something so ppl think there is actualy someone, and when it comes to repair the game for some reason...OMG better not to talk about that...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost right about everything, except there is no "PWI staff" if there would be anyone working for PWI the game wouldnt look like it is, GMs from other games like admins coming here time from time to post something so ppl think there is actualy someone, and when it comes to repair the game for some reason...OMG better not to talk about that...

I think you're right, just seems that they are milking the community now believing that the game is on the decline or some such nonsense, basically creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now lets look at the ToS.
    There goes your entire argument out of the window.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Saying "Oh hey, you're getting a rollback" isn't going to stop the rage. Whether it is announced or not, people are losing their stuff. People will still rant about what they've lost, etc etc.

I mean PWE could put the effort in to say there's going to be one, but most of the threads about the rollback have been people whining about what they've lost. What good is announcing a rollback will happen when people are only going to make the same threads because they lost their DQ points or coins or whatever? The situation would only change in the regards that there wouldn't be that one or two threads complaining about not being told before hand, but it's not like being told beforehand is going to change anything. Players can't move their items anywhere. Their items are still going poof.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I smell law suits. While yes, they can hide behind their ToS...

When someone puts money into the game, we're actually donating. Is r9r3 worth paying $1500 for? Hell no. We've generously donated money for PWE to improve our game, which they have failed at for far too long. Misuse of donations seems to be a crime, and people get busted for it every year. People like Yufeng Chi, who already has a history of money laundering. Watch out Mr. PWE CEO, big brother is watching you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Saying "Oh hey, you're getting a rollback" isn't going to stop the rage. Whether it is announced or not, people are losing their stuff. People will still rant about what they've lost, etc etc.

I mean PWE could put the effort in to say there's going to be one, but most of the threads about the rollback have been people whining about what they've lost. What good is announcing a rollback will happen when people are only going to make the same threads because they lost their DQ points or coins or whatever? The situation would only change in the regards that there wouldn't be that one or two threads complaining about not being told before hand, but it's not like being told beforehand is going to change anything. Players can't move their items anywhere. Their items are still going poof.

I think you're slightly off the mark here-yes, people would complain but then if you gave them a window of time to SS their inventories so that when they put their claims in, they would get all their items restored to them. GM's have a spawn items command they're just being lazy. Ofc this would imply that PWI would staff specifically FOR restoration of items/EXP post rollback which is asking too much apparently b:chuckle
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Of course an announcement would not stop the rage, but now people rage about the rollback AND the lack of communication.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course, GMs can also spawn mobs for glitched cultis, but when I ticketed them, they told me that GMs don't have the power to spawn mobs. Just plain wow. Of course, they could also compensate all the players who never got their 10* orbs, but as was said, they too lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    More info has been posted on the French forum and is translated in this thread.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.