Options
1235»

Comments

• Maps - Lothranis
    Maps - Lothranis Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    EU is up. The issues that have been plaguing Morai for the past week should now be resolved.

You guyz failed something... Our server got a 3 days rollback. Even our "check in" is fuked up for th whole year.. Thx guyz.
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I was 0.5% to go for 105. A HYPERFREE 105!!!!! Not to mention the gold and dq points from 3 days straight farming cause nothing else worked....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Seriously this gotta be a joke... 3 day rollback? is that a compensation for the server being ***** up for the whole xmas?

Recovery stone gone, my last two sage skills gone, the cards I got gone, all these milions I farmed last days... lol
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    EU is up. The issues that have been plaguing Morai for the past week should now be resolved.
    You guyz failed something... Our server got a 3 days rollback. Even our "check in" is fuked up for th whole year.. Thx guyz.

Now we need orbs as compensation b:laughb:laugh
  • Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver
    Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    *** U PWI.. now i have to level again without 2x
  • Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

I think the admin is dyslexic, instead of doing service restart he done server rollback lol
    A head up would've been nice, but as others stated already there wasn't a critical bug for a rollback, was it?
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Guys, come on. AT LEAST let me get the popcorn before you start the name calling of GMs.
  • Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver
    Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    stupid morai server was broken since new horizons came.. how can a rollback for 3 days solve this?
  • Zenzoa - Sanctuary
    Zenzoa - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hmm, I alway wondered why server statuses on website lies.. morai should be online but naah its still down...

It doesn't lie.
    It only pings the servers.. and they can be online without the pwi software running.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Dear Surtr, dear DoD,

With all due respect... didn't you forget to announce something ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So now I'm curious what the reason for the rollback was. And if it is something simple like you were to lazy to free chars who are still stuck in any instance manually and decided it is easier for you to do a rollback instead I swear I will search all Netherlands for you and your office.... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dear Surtr, dear DoD,

With all due respect... didn't you forget to announce something ?

Oh, Zoldi please. You know it was intended to happen with the phrase....;

SURPRISE!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!111!!11!!

b:laughb:thanks
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Can we expect the come back of anyone from PWE staff to :

1) Confirm that it was intended (and maybe explain why). I know that you won't restore the server again anyway and that even if this was not intended at first you will never write it but well... justsay something so that people know what is supposed to come now.

2) Tell us the exact date used for the rollback
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What is the fastest dungeon run you've ever done with a full squad?

FB 19 Plume City
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Today there will be maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

The restart today will involve a resolution to the Morai server issues by upgrading the server memory. The Territory War timeslots should be restored to normalcy as well.

There will be further updates on the official list of issues for New Horizons, later this week.

This week's maintenance question:

What is the fastest dungeon run you've ever done with a full squad?

Gotta love the lack of communication of your part...

So basically you just said that all you did was a server restart to attend to the Morai serve issues and that the TW times would be restored to their normal selves, but then once everybody logged on, they've met with:

1) 2x is over. (There wasn't any kind of warning it would end with this "maint")

2) The daily NPC from Frigid Bay was removed. (again, there wasn't any kind of warning. He was temporary, but nobody knew for how long he would stay.)

3) Morai server got a rollback. (I don't play there, but I can sympathy with the players from said server)

4) Snowmen are gone. (not really important, but it adds to the lack of communication of your part with your player base)

Why do you have to so damn secretive with what you're gonna do in your maints? Why the hell can't you just give us a heads up about what to expect within your maints? Why can't you make a forum session where we can see the upcomming changes/patches and what to expect from them? Why is it so hard to communicate and be transparent with your player base?

Or are you happy that all the current players doesn't trust in you guys anymore?

Go ahead and keep the "shaddy" behavior with your players... each week that passes, you're just adding another nail to your own coffin...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    1) 2x is over. (There wasn't any kind of warning it would end with this "maint")

That part is actually not.true because the ending date had been announced two ago.
    But I agree they could have reminded it.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Orvet - Morai
    Orvet - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My quess and feelings (what are usually right) is that this game going to be dead soon (not like in week but anyway) so instead of lot of complaining do what I do. Play hapily till end or quit if want to. After all it's just a game :p
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    2) The daily NPC from Frigid Bay was removed. (again, there wasn't any kind of warning. He was temporary, but nobody knew for how long he would stay.)

4) Snowmen are gone. (not really important, but it adds to the lack of communication of your part with your player base)

Christmas event (which includes the Frigid Bay NPC; anyone that didn't realize this wasn't paying attention to the rewards he gave) was supposed to end during last week's maintenance. Be glad you got an extra week to enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LauraHime - Morai
    LauraHime - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My r9 ring disappeared...i dont believe this...b:angry
  • NS - Momaganon
    NS - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    what will we get for this reroll? Will I get my items back?
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That part is actually not.true because the ending date had been announced two ago.
    But I agree they could have reminded it.
    Christmas event (which includes the Frigid Bay NPC; anyone that didn't realize this wasn't paying attention to the rewards he gave) was supposed to end during last week's maintenance. Be glad you got an extra week to enjoy it.

Even so, it doesn't hurt to give us all an accurate heads up to what's supposed to come up of their maints everytime, plus a lot of people, like myself, have missed this tiny info.

Another example or their lack of communication is when they've said to expend all of our DQ points before December, and guess what? I'm still getting DQ points and able to get DQ rewards on their DQ page... should I be thankful for that, just because it's still up untill now? If you say "yes", then you're arbitrary supporting their lack of cummunication and organization with their player base.

I would take notice of it, if it was posted on their forums beforehand. And yeah, I knew the event was supposed to be gone last week because we got a warning before the maint.

In the end, you're not even sure in what you're supposed to listen or believe really... as when they make an announcement, it's innacurate and they don't do what they say they will, and when they don't annouce anything, it's up to the players to find out in-game what has changed or not... it's like as if we're traveling on a dark road at night, and our guide can't even provide a "light" to guide us...
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The restart today will involve a resolution to the Morai server issues by upgrading the server memory. ]

Someone owes Wendigo a cookie for being spot-on on this issue before any GM even replied to the issues f:cute
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Another example or their lack of communication is when they've said to expend all of our DQ points before December, and guess what? I'm still getting DQ points and able to get DQ rewards on their DQ page... should I be thankful for that, just because it's still up untill now? If you say "yes", then you're arbitrary supporting their lack of cummunication and organization with their player base.

Not once did I read anywhere that the page would be removed in December. It was merely said to spend by December as a safety net. No one said it would come down in December.

I would take notice of it, if it was posted on their forums beforehand. And yeah, I knew the event was supposed to be gone last week because we got a warning before the maint.

In the end, you're not even sure in what you're supposed to listen or believe really... as when they make an announcement, it's innacurate and they don't do what they say they will, and when they don't annouce anything, it's up to the players to find out in-game what has changed or not... it's like as if we're traveling on a dark road at night, and our guide can't even provide a "light" to guide us...

But that's half the fun! Dark roads can be adventurous. Or you could get viciously maimed and murdered by a masked stranger. Either or, there's stories to tell.

/////
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    there should be no compensation for the rollback, look what happened after last rollbac, things got rough and alot of people got screwed, and some got way to many orbs, i know of people who got over 1k and never got punished, while some got 6 or 9 and got punished. no more compensations PLEASEb:surrender
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Originally Posted by eraldus View Post

Not once did I read anywhere that the page would be removed in December. It was merely said to spend by December as a safety net. No one said it would come down in December.

But that's half the fun! Dark roads can be adventurous. Or you could get viciously maimed and murdered by a masked stranger. Either or, there's stories to tell.

According to synchroze, yeah, but the way he worded it made it sound like it was going off by around the first week of December or something. Sure, now you can safely say that it was a misinterpretation, that this wasn't their intention, when they said that... but at the time, there were lots of people that had spent their DQs due to that warning, and thought the page would go down on the first week or something because they couldn't give us a proper date...

What I'm saying is that they need to be more comunicative with us and less "shaddy" with whatever they're doing...