Post your experience with the new cleric skills from New Horizon update !

Options
freygin
freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Cleric
As the topic says, please post your experience with the new cleric skills from New Horizon update !

is it useful, is it worth upgrading, or how bad it is.
Post edited by freygin on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got the upgraded bb 'cause it looked pretty. Probably completely skipping Pantheon Blessing for various reasons. Skipping rb for now 'cause I use it every once in a blue moon.

The new Demon Wellspring will be ******n amazing when I get it though. 25 chi per cast, yes please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • freygin
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is there any change for blue ball other than its aesthetic aspect from upgrading ?

For red ball, in ecatomb.net skill description section, the range is 20metres, but the new upgraded red ball in Asterelle's new skill info thread and from pwcn rebirth discussion thread, the range is 15metres , either it's nerfed or just a long time typo.

The mana regeneration rate is upped from 10 to 20 with pantheon blessing, how about the single target version, Celestial Guardian's Seal, is it automatically upped as well with the new update or still 10 ?

With 25 chi from Demon Wellspring, you can gain 1 spark in 8.8 seconds with -30% ct. The pwcn rebirth discussion thread has "Can not be interrupted by normal attacks" in skill description, but from Asterelle's new skill info thread there is no mention about it. Has to wait until someone got the skill to confirm, how much longer will you get it, Eoria ? Also how long is it for getting upgraded Great Cyclone ?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I've been mostly focusing on my Venomancer so I haven't done much for Cleric :[

I didn't even bother with my Sage one because it's on the same account as my Venomancer (I wish it wasn't v.v; but made it like 5 years ago before multi clienting ****). Demon one is half-way through the first reawakening and she'll be taken care off later...she does have the new BB though!

Totally agree that new Demon Wellspring is going to be epic! BB increase the healing power of it so it's worth upgrading. RB can wait. I actually want Pantheon thingy for faster rebuffs but that's not a priority either. Great Cyclone is not a priority either because I mostly just TW, full support.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bobbyknocker
    bobbyknocker Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    pss this wa top of posts im ****ed up and tbh i forgot all vent info to booty n blacklist im datalec could be *** to put that toon on here i had to reformat my hard drive due to wife spil;;;;;;;;;ed coddiw on puter gona kill her later just wana ask any vent info while i download this big *** file again
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i gave incorret info coff coff ..need vent info to any vent that knows datalec while this friggin download starts n ends
  • freygin
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The faster rebuff from Pantheon Blessing is nice, if only it has faster cooldown it'll definitely be a must to be upgraded, hope the devs do a revision for these new skills in later update like they did with morai.

Hope you guys or girls get any of the new skills real soon and tell your opinions on how they fare in the field.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got the upgraded bb 'cause it looked pretty. Probably completely skipping Pantheon Blessing for various reasons. Skipping rb for now 'cause I use it every once in a blue moon.

The new Demon Wellspring will be ******n amazing when I get it though. 25 chi per cast, yes please.

Wow, 25 chi per wellspring? OP. They will gain chi maybe faster than mystic heal spamming now xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Wow, 25 chi per wellspring? OP. They will gain chi maybe faster than mystic heal spamming now xD.

Faster than sage myst spam healing. Demon myst, idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Is there any change for blue ball other than its aesthetic aspect from upgrading ?

Original bb: Use 500 Mana every 5 seconds to recover HP equal to 300 plus
    20% of base magic attack every 5 seconds and cut all damage taken
    by 50%.

New bb: Use 500 Mana every 5 seconds to recover HP equal to 800 plus
    20% of base magic attack every 5 seconds and cut all damage taken
    by 50%.

Earth shattering, I know. Still, it's an upgrade.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I see the upgrade in BB in the depiction of the range. Yes, it was easily to recognize before with the Invoke-like buff, but now people really have no excuse not viewing bb range aynmore. Though, they should learn to not stand on the frontier, as it's not totally accurate b:surrender

Same thing for RB, although the 50% bonus attack to normal RB comes in handy. However, I don't think the cut of the range was necessary, but it's not of a great bother either. RB won't be used often anyway.

The new Demon Wellspring is way better than Sage Wellspring imo, especially compared with sage SoR which grants only 20 chi and takes a second longer to channel, also if you take into account that sage wellspring's reduced channeling hasn't been upgraded. I would've been fine with like -0,5 seconds channeling for the new sage version.

Cyclone sounds cool, that's probably the next skill I'll get after Pantheon's Blessing, for which I have expressed my thoughts in another thread :p
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have the new BB. I love the increase in power and visibility of its range.

RB, I may get, but its not a priority, as its uses are VERY limited. Good increase in power, but as Fryvorg stated, the cut in range was unnecessary.

Sage Wellspring: I do want this, due to the increase in its healing power, and because purehearted blessing isn't seeing much use from me aside from chi. Demon version is better, due to the massive increase in chi and I do support a reduction in sage's channeling...and an increase in our chi gain from SOR.

Great Cyclone, I do want...however, I'm not terribly focused on it, as I hate violet mode.

That leads to The Multi Buff, which I have every intention of SKIPPING...due to the fact that although the mp buff has been increased...the hp regeneration has been entirely removed from it. So I'll just stick with what I have.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Honestly... I like the multi buff.

When grinding on apoth, I don't have to worry about a crappy 10 hp/s (reduced to 2 or so in combat) overwriting my apoth that grants 50/100 HP regen per sec. And while it does still kill MP apoth, at least it's not as bad as before to focus powders. Not to mention MP foods/pots are pretty cheap compared to HP anyways.

And best of all, I can buff once now instead of having to cross my fingers while spending time with four separate flashy buffs that can make things rough when I'm in a squad and need to perform an emergency rebuff right there and then.

Now if my squad's purged? One quick (relatively compared to before) skill later and we all have all our important buffs back so I don't have to choose between healing and buffing or waste time giving single target buffs to a tank and praying the DDs can survive or so on.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Mhm, pantheon will be interesting for PvP when it comes to rebuffing.
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I haven't rebirthed my cleric yet but:

The only skill I'm excited for it dat Primal Cyclone f:kiss Demon is soooo sexy looking
    (if they ever fix the forge saying "requires sage great cyclone instead of demon")

I'm not happy with the rest of our skills... they're all passive/squad based. Yes we're a support class but we only get ONE attack boost... foxy alone

(Everyone seems to have absolutely gone apebutts over the new BB animation but I hate it f:shh)
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • freygin
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They should boost the overall cleric dd-ing instead of only one skill, like reducing CT by x% in uvd. Unless we can change form in instant like barb or veno.

Like Mystics, they have OP offensive skills and OP healing skills, even cleric heal is a joke to mystic I guess (cmiiw), their heal is fast, cleric heal is slower and it can get interrupted often. I'm curious about the 'Cannot be interrupted by normal attack' description for the new healing skill, if anyone already got the skill, please confrim the description, or maybe do a test.
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Wellspring, cyclone and the passive skills for defense and attack are worth getting. Even the critical rate skills if you have a reasonable crit rate to begin with.

It should be mentioned that the Pantheon skill only is a 'quick' buff if you are in 'safe' conditions with no anticipated purges. Otherwise, with a 30 second cd, it is extremely inefficient.

For example, assume a boss purges squad every few seconds. Current squad buffs can rebuff pretty quickly (and you only need 2 squad buffs in an emergency rebuff). Good luck with a 30s cd replacement.

And this is just a relatively benign situation.

I will get all other skills first and leave Pantheon until I'm convinced otherwise or its cd decreases.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    aensidhe wrote: »
    Wellspring, cyclone and the passive skills for defense and attack are worth getting. Even the critical rate skills if you have a reasonable crit rate to begin with.

It should be mentioned that the Pantheon skill only is a 'quick' buff if you are in 'safe' conditions with no anticipated purges. Otherwise, with a 30 second cd, it is extremely inefficient.

For example, assume a boss purges squad every few seconds. Current squad buffs can rebuff pretty quickly (and you only need 2 squad buffs in an emergency rebuff). Good luck with a 30s cd replacement.

And this is just a relatively benign situation.

I will get all other skills first and leave Pantheon until I'm convinced otherwise or its cd decreases.

That's 1.5s for channeling and 3 seconds to cast, so 4.5 seconds per buff, or 9 seconds for two buffs. If the boss purges more often than 30 seconds, you're better off stacking heals on your squad instead of wasting so much time on buffing.

But in comparison, in PvP those buffs do make the difference between life in death. If your squad runs out unbuffed, they're going to die that much faster. And if you waste 4.5 seconds to cast each buff instead of fighting, your faction's crystal is going to die that much faster. 5 seconds for all the buffs (that matter) vs 4.5 seconds for JUST ONE. Even factoring in the increased mana cost, increased cooldown, decreased potential chi gain, and nonexistent HP regeneration, this skill seems to be the clear winner to me.

The missing HP regeneration really isn't a big issue in my opinion. When you're fighting, your regen drops down to 2 points per second. How many times have you survived a fight with just 2 HP? The situation where 2 HP per second regeneration makes an actual difference is rare. This buff has no utility even when you can afford to meditate a lot. As a cleric you probably have a lot more points in int than you do in vit, so your mp regen will be quite fast. You can drop 275 mp to heal yourself to full HP because while meditating you'll have those 275 mp back much quicker than if you were waiting for your HP to regenerate to full. This is multiplied tenfold if you have good gear. With 10k HP and 700 mag, you're not even going to see your HP bar moving while you meditate, but your sacrificed MP will be back in a matter of seconds.

~~~~~~~

I have the passive skill damage boost skill, but to be honest I wasn't smart enough to look at my damage prior to learning it, so I don't know how much it's actually helping.

The def skill is supposed increase both mdef and pdef by 8% at first level and 2% ever level afterwards. Sounds very useful to me, but maybe I don't understand how these percentages work.
  • freygin
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The no HP regen is compensated with 20 regen for MP , dunno if it's intended or the devs were drunk during the programming lol, but yeah it's more useful having more mp regen than HP regen for a cleric, we can fill the hp with heals.

What is 'the passive skill damage boost skill' ? Does it buff MATK or Damage Output from casting a skill, like mystic's pve skill damage boost ?

About Def / Mdef and the buffs , there are 3 kinds of defense i.m.o ,
    1. Gear Defense/Defense from equipments, this is the defense value you get by adding all defense value in every gear slot you equipped, (pdef / mdef separately)

2. Defense gained from stat, int+con for mdef, str+con for pdef, this defense (magical/physical) doesn't get buffed, but it also cannot be debuffed (maybe unless the debuff is more than our buff + 100% our gear defense value). You can check how much permanent defense you have by using frenzy while you have no defense buff at all, Frenzy reduces 100% defense value, 100% defense value is equal to your total Gear Defense.

3. Defense gained from buff, all buffs are calculated from Gear Defense, cleric's buff is 60% buff, wizard's undine can debuff -60% to three elements, so it cancel each other out, but if you're debuffed while not having a cleric mdef buff, then it'll be taken from Gear Defense.

So if the passive skill is 8% at level 1, then you'll gain 8% from Gear Defense.

this image might help you imagine how it's calculated
    >link to image<
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It is learned by trading this page (at the levels indicated on the page) at the mirror in Primal World: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/42257

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tx0LPUvUbuI/UshVDfZe7gI/AAAAAAAABOE/iEQ114feqxk/s800/EndlessBreeze.jpg
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So far I got the new BB and the Pantheon Blessing. I'm really happy with the new squad buff. It gives 50chi per cast, which makes up for its long-ish cooldown (30s). Also, really good for TW/NW, when rebuffing will take less than 5s total (as opposed to over 12s/16s if you were to use renewal).

And since you keep your single target buffs, the hp regen won't be missed.

Really looking forward to wellspring and cyclone, though I might get the passive defense skill before getting any of those.

@Eoria: you sure new demon wellspring gives 25 chi?

I think that might be a typo for 25% more chi (like current version gives 20% extra chi). Sage version didn't get any upgrade other than being uninterruptable, which is common with the demon one, so I don't know why they'd give demon such a huge boost. I can't find the book in the database to check the chinese text, though.

Then again, it's pwi. Everything is to be expected.

Edit: Found it in the chinese db. It doesn't mention any %, but also no 25. There's a line there which google translates into "Strength to get improved.", which might mean "Gains extra chi" or something. Nothing really clear at the moment.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So far I got the new BB and the Pantheon Blessing. I'm really happy with the new squad buff. It gives 50chi per cast, which makes up for its long-ish cooldown (30s). Also, really good for TW/NW, when rebuffing will take less than 5s total (as opposed to over 12s/16s if you were to use renewal).

And since you keep your single target buffs, the hp regen won't be missed.

Really looking forward to wellspring and cyclone, though I might get the passive defense skill before getting any of those.

@Eoria: you sure new demon wellspring gives 25 chi?

I think that might be a typo for 25% more chi (like current version gives 20% extra chi). Sage version didn't get any upgrade other than being uninterruptable, which is common with the demon one, so I don't know why they'd give demon such a huge boost. I can't find the book in the database to check the chinese text, though.

Then again, it's pwi. Everything is to be expected.

Edit: Found it in the chinese db. It doesn't mention any %, but also no 25. There's a line there which google translates into "Strength to get improved.", which might mean "Gains extra chi" or something. Nothing really clear at the moment.

Look it up in the in-game encyclopedia. It's 25 chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    25 chi is almost culti-switching good. Like Fist says, I'll believe it when I see it. I think we all know that trusting an in-game description can be dicey. And... think about it. Demon wellspring = 25 chi; sage wellspring gives 10 chi. A channeling time 0.3 seconds less (1.5s demon vs 1.2s sage) in no way justifies 2.5x more chi! 25% more chi would be fair and much more reasonable. So if sage wellspring is 10 chi, demon would get... either 12 or 15 chi (25% more of lvl 10, or 25% more of demon, which is already 12 chi?).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Pantheon's Blessing is OP. 50chi each cast b:chuckle
    Insanity b:thanks
  • freygin
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Pantheon's Blessing acts as Master Li's Technique for demon cleric b:chuckle

The old demon wellspring grants an additional 20% Chi, sage wellspring is 0.3 second faster or 20% faster, if demon is changed to 25 chi then it's equal as granting an additional 150% chi b:shocked
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    so I love the new cleric buff b:victory...yes u don't get the crappy hp regain but who cares.(which if any1 realized...it only gives u a boost of like 2hp regain while u're in battle) I like that I can buff my whole squad w/ ALL the buffs in less than 5 seconds instead of sitting there for like 30 seconds hoping every1 stays in place while I buff them. Also I like the fact that it costs LESS MP than using all the old squad buffs. old buffs cost 3300mp ...new buff costs 2400 mp. I also tend to use this skill as a fast chi move simply b/c I can get 50 chi just by using it. I can get 1 spark in less than 5 seconds since I'm a sage cleric. This skill is great in TWs too. For instance, some1 just rezed and another gets purged I can just instant buff them instead of clicking each toon and buffing them individually. the only downsides I see... which is very minimal..is the 30 second cool down time and the fact u don't get the hp regain buff w/ it. (which ignorant squads always complain about so i just use the mp/hp single buff on the complainers)
  • aensidhe
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That's 1.5s for channeling and 3 seconds to cast, so 4.5 seconds per buff, or 9 seconds for two buffs. If the boss purges more often than 30 seconds, you're better off stacking heals on your squad instead of wasting so much time on buffing.

But in comparison, in PvP those buffs do make the difference between life in death. If your squad runs out unbuffed, they're going to die that much faster. And if you waste 4.5 seconds to cast each buff instead of fighting, your faction's crystal is going to die that much faster. 5 seconds for all the buffs (that matter) vs 4.5 seconds for JUST ONE. Even factoring in the increased mana cost, increased cooldown, decreased potential chi gain, and nonexistent HP regeneration, this skill seems to be the clear winner to me.

The missing HP regeneration really isn't a big issue in my opinion. When you're fighting, your regen drops down to 2 points per second. How many times have you survived a fight with just 2 HP? The situation where 2 HP per second regeneration makes an actual difference is rare. This buff has no utility even when you can afford to meditate a lot. As a cleric you probably have a lot more points in int than you do in vit, so your mp regen will be quite fast. You can drop 275 mp to heal yourself to full HP because while meditating you'll have those 275 mp back much quicker than if you were waiting for your HP to regenerate to full. This is multiplied tenfold if you have good gear. With 10k HP and 700 mag, you're not even going to see your HP bar moving while you meditate, but your sacrificed MP will be back in a matter of seconds.

~~~~~~~

I have the passive skill damage boost skill, but to be honest I wasn't smart enough to look at my damage prior to learning it, so I don't know how much it's actually helping.

The def skill is supposed increase both mdef and pdef by 8% at first level and 2% ever level afterwards. Sounds very useful to me, but maybe I don't understand how these percentages work.

Pantheon buff - in PvE, if your HoT is strong enough you have a window in which to apply buffs. Only necessary buffs are the two for magic and physical buffs which cast pretty quick and have a significantly lower cd of only 5s. Pop a couple of IH, maybe a chrome if hit with an AoE and rebuff is quick n easy. Waiting 30s for a multi buff that gets removed every few secs is pretty inefficient.

In PvP - if you're in safe zone gathering to buff sure Pantheon is faster. If you are gathering between NW maps for buffing, it is faster. If in a TW situation where speed is key and you wait for everyone to gather for buffs, you are also gathering to be purged. To wait another 30 before u can buff again is meh. Might as well just use single buffs. If ressing on an individual basis, most melee and archers need only pdef and mdef and those can be catered for quickly with single buffs. IMO Pantheon is good for idle moments in PvP and PvE, less so in pressure situations. But to each his/her own. =)

Demon Wellspring - do not get this skill yet if your aim is chi regen. I have tested it and it only gives 15 chi not 25. Either it is a skill bug or the description is wrong.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nonsense; demon version is an excellent upgrade. Before demon wellspring surge only gave 12 chi; 15 chi is great for a skill that gets spammed during healing in PvP situations. As I suspected, the 25% upgrade is from the demon version: 25% more of 12 is around 15. Bravo! Can't wait to test the vague description of sage out!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ah I see. I figured the chi part of Demon Wellspring wasn't completely true but I did get excited there for a moment. It's still great though. However, I'm won't be bothering with the Cleric for a while so I won't be getting any skills for now.
  • aensidhe
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nonsense; demon version is an excellent upgrade. Before demon wellspring surge only gave 12 chi; 15 chi is great for a skill that gets spammed during healing in PvP situations. As I suspected, the 25% upgrade is from the demon version: 25% more of 12 is around 15. Bravo! Can't wait to test the vague description of sage out!

The description on the skillbook and skill when learned states: "Primal version give 25 chi" for demon; not '25%'. In any case, a bug is a bug is a bug whether on the description or with the mechanics.

Different play styles - some of us don't spam wellspring as it is less suitable in certain PvP situations; especially if not in a channel build. IH is more spammable and runs into less of the 'Invalid Skill' message when spammed. Without the 25 chi, spending the 60 bloods make it less attractive (3 chi increase instead of the 13 advertised increase makes that a no-brainer). Now to test if the heal amount and anti-interruption isn't also bugged.

Btw, the wellspring looks the same as the original =(
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    aensidhe wrote: »

Btw, the wellspring looks the same as the original =(

Laaaaaame. I never liked the animation of Wellspring.