New Skills

Options
_Mg_Zr - Harshlands
_Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Barbarian
Im just wondering what other barbs think of the new skills and which ones you have/are aiming for.

I currently only have mighty swing. So far it seems pretty decent and the new animation is cool but i havent been able to test it out in pvp yet.

Personally i cant wait to see what the bleed damage of sunder is like.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Harshlands on

Comments

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    not had time to get these skills yet, but i hear Mighty swing is slightly bugged.

Only the person using the skill and person receiving damage can see the animation.

Also it seems the stun effect eats through any anti stun the game has at the minute.

Perhaps it is a designed counter to anti stun, since every other class can silence a target while they have an anti stun active.
    Barbarians and archers? cannot.
    Probably a bug.

What i am interested in though is the Demon true forms.
    They have kept the speed bonus at 80% but the skill says it now gives 40% hp.

Wanted to know if that was a text error or they simple forgot to increase the hp of demon true forms.
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Anytime i have used mighty swing and it stuns instead of showing the traditional icon for a stun it shows a icon that i have previously never seen before and when i put my mouse over it, its called freeze.

Next time im ingame i will do a detailed analysis of it and post the results here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Mighty Swing seems very nice yep.
    Keeps opponents well in range for some follow up action.

Funny animation too while testing it versus a wizzard.
    Knocked her down and she came up dizzy. lol

As I use Penetrate armor, BO, Slam and/or Mighty Swing not sure if I'd fit in the Stomp for skill amps.
    Maybe for phy immune mobs, where Poison fang enables low hits and then use the amp to help casters. Or in some pve squads versus anti aps buff bosses where skill damage matters more.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have mighty swing and it's extremly good for PVP now...

Now im aiming for the Stomp of the king, it should be good against very OP players that can stay alive till it gets full stacked... not sure how it works yet... need a week to buy it

b:dirty
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    After some more testing i have found that mighty swing:
    • Stuns through anti - stun
    • Can be reflected by SoR
    • The animation for it is more annoying than the actual stun effect.
    • The icon for the new 'stun' effect looks like one of the mystic buffs
    • Damage seems higher

Stunning through anti stun imho is to much of an advantage. For the sake of balance i wish it would be unable to be purified. Maybe its just a bug and maybe not only time will tell.

The reflecting from SoR is quite funny as the animation for the skill knocks the effected player down.

The damage might only by higher because of rebirth and avatar cards.

Overall its definitly worth the upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Douglas Adams
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    After some more testing i have found that mighty swing:
    • Stuns through anti - stun
    • Can be reflected by SoR
    • The animation for it is more annoying than the actual stun effect.
    • The icon for the new 'stun' effect looks like one of the mystic buffs
    • Damage seems higher

Stunning through anti stun imho is to much of an advantage. For the sake of balance i wish it would be unable to be purified. Maybe its just a bug and maybe not only time will tell.

The reflecting from SoR is quite funny as the animation for the skill knocks the effected player down.

The damage might only by higher because of rebirth and avatar cards.

Overall its definitly worth the upgrade.

Agree with this. I wouldn't mind not being able to purify it, as long as it could somehow be blocked. As a cleric I have 3 ways to block your skill (a skill you can do at no cost every 5 seconds):

ad - 3min cooldown

belief (tested this myself) - 1 minute cd

2-3 sparking (requires 1-2 minutes of normal fighting to get this much chi)

ironguard - 2minute cooldown

See the problem here? Lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options

Agree with this. I wouldn't mind not being able to purify it, as long as it could somehow be blocked. As a cleric I have 3 ways to block your skill (a skill you can do at no cost every 5 seconds):

ad - 3min cooldown

Revenge for all the time clerics have stuck SoG on me b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Douglas Adams
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Got Stomp of the Beast King from Primal World today.b:dirty

Tested it on a BM friend and the amp is nice, last 6 seconds with a CD of 3.

However the only test I have yet to perform is can one purify the amp debuff, which I would predict it can.

My favorite thing about this skill is that anyone can make a play off it.

Edit: Can be purified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Got Stomp of the Beast King from Primal World today.b:dirty

Tested it on a BM friend and the amp is nice, last 6 seconds with a CD of 3.

However the only test I have yet to perform is can one purify the amp debuff, which I would predict it can.

My favorite thing about this skill is that anyone can make a play off it.

Edit: Can be purified.

Im not annoyed that it cant be purified if it couldnt be purified it would be to OP

A faction memeber got this and was telling me the skill itself hits quite hard.

What i would like to know is if psychics sor reflects it and can seekers quid pro quo it back onto the barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Douglas Adams
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

ad - 3min cooldown

I wouldn't mind purify not proc'ing 24/7 but that will never happen b:pleased
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Lol, all the barbs feeling secretly guilty at the new OP-ness of this skill. Enjoy it while you can... we'll see if it remains this way or not.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Lol, all the barbs feeling secretly guilty at the new OP-ness of this skill. Enjoy it while you can... we'll see if it remains this way or not.

The majority of tank barbs don't even care much. "Oh.. a new human form skill... maybe i will try it out when i get bored".

Ofc, people who has been building too much as glass cannon are going to get punished for being retarted enough to fight in close combat. Let face it, since the release of purify weapons, pwi has become the only game where you would get into a situation whereby there are 3 melee DD class trying to kill an arcane DD, and the arcane DD is going to get away safely most of the time. Maybe you should start watching your position a lil bit more. Maybe you should learn the concept of 'peeling' as part of teamwork. Maybe you should stop ignoring the barb and start paying more attention so that the fuzzy don't hug you from behind.

Ultimately, the difference between a good pvp player is the one who can find ways to adapt his/her gameplay to new changes, rather than to **** about it, wherever it is new skills, new gear/equip, stats, or new people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Options

I must be heartless then since I have yet to feel guilt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So the passive defense skill increases phys and magic def by 8% per lvl. I will have 20 bloods in 5 days and im not sure whether to get the defense passive or stomp of the beast king.

I really could do with more magic def 7.5k is way to low for my liking b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Douglas Adams
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So the passive defense skill increases phys and magic def by 8% per lvl. I will have 20 bloods in 5 days and im not sure whether to get the defense passive or stomp of the beast king.

I really could do with more magic def 7.5k is way to low for my liking b:sad

My route is get Stomp, then lvl my skill dmg passive because it aids the skill amp further. However, I don't really have an interest in Onslaught and Sunder currently, so I may go towards the defensive passive from this point on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well pardon me.

All of the *competent*, *pk* barbs are feeling secretly guilty over the OP-ness of this skill, which ignores a game mechanic that has been sacred since the game was first introduced... that anti-stun lets you avoid stuns, which this skill clearly is (can you do anything while this skill effect is on you? No, ergo, it is a stun).

The crappiest-geared barb can neutralize the strongest opponent with this skill. But if that wasn't broken enough already, when we imagine this skill on a *well-geared* barb, then it reaches nightmare qualities. Barbs already have the best passive tanking abilities, the best dph through arma, and now they have some of the best single-target control as well? Too much, too much.

To say anything otherwise just shows me how completely unfamiliar with pvp you are...
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well pardon me.

All of the *competent*, *pk* barbs are feeling secretly guilty over the OP-ness of this skill, which ignores a game mechanic that has been sacred since the game was first introduced... that anti-stun lets you avoid stuns, which this skill clearly is (can you do anything while this skill effect is on you? No, ergo, it is a stun).

The crappiest-geared barb can neutralize the strongest opponent with this skill. But if that wasn't broken enough already, when we imagine this skill on a *well-geared* barb, then it reaches nightmare qualities. Barbs already have the best passive tanking abilities, the best dph through arma, and now they have some of the best single-target control as well? Too much, too much.

To say anything otherwise just shows me how completely unfamiliar with pvp you are...

lol at you... why are you on barb sub-forum, anyway? Besides to f:kneel

guilt never even crossed my mind...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My route is get Stomp, then lvl my skill dmg passive because it aids the skill amp further. However, I don't really have an interest in Onslaught and Sunder currently, so I may go towards the defensive passive from this point on.

Onslaught is the last skill i will get, i already have the damage passive at lvl 3 and its quite nice
    Well pardon me.

The skill description says its a stun but the skill itself is a paralyse http://www.use.com/49b87b9accc968f68b91

Barbs can lock quite well now yes but do bare in mind this skill only paralyses 4 seconds and it only has a 50% chance to paralyse (60% if demon) bms, sins and clerics still have alot better single target control than barbs. I mean really if your that worried about getting hit by this skill why dont you spark resist it (double spark would work here maybe even single spark if your good enough at timing) There is other ways to counter it as well but if you cant figure them out i dont see the point in telling you

Honestly to me it seems like your butt hurt because your puri proc isnt the be all end all any more b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Douglas Adams
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well pardon me.

...or you can simply adapt to it as the melee users did to Purify Spell. It's not hard thinking of ways to counter it, just be more wary of the Barb then.

And using your logic, all of the *competent*, *pk* players don't really care since they already adapted to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I must be heartless then since I have yet to feel guilt.
    +1 this
    Well pardon me.

Tbh the new mighty swing isn't that OP, for demon 60% chance for the paralyze to proc, 40% for the immobilize to proc. Also barbs really aren't tanky as much now as any wiz, psy, ep could murder it because of the low mdef. And yeah the crappiest-geared barb could neutralize the strongest opponent, but also can proc purify if the strongest opponent is a arcane class. But at the end of the day, suck it up and adjust to it as melee classes did when purify came out. b:bye
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ok, question for any Demon barb that has the new Stomp of the beast king.

Is the Cooldown for the skill still 6 seconds, or was it reduced to 3 like sage?

Hope they wouldnt add a stackable debuff that cant be stacked due to cooldown b:shocked

Also what do you think of the new Skill damage buff.

If im not mistaken.

It gives 2% more skill damage per level
    There are 8 levels

16% more skill damage overall

What i am interested in is if the 16% is effected by critical and Zerk hits.
    Take a look at a zerk Sunder / arma combo from a demon barb.

Factors in at base
    base damage of 100% = 1000 damage
    16% more skill damage 116% = 1160 damage
    Sunder crit rate ( x2) 232% = 2320 damage
    Zerk proc ( x2) 464% = 4640 damage
    Demon arma 10 % more damage = 5104 damage

If it factors in at the base and is affected by crits and zerk it would give 64% more skill damage.

Does not Stack at base
    Base damage of 100 % = 1000 damage
    Sunder crit rate (x2) 200% = 2000 damage
    Zerk proc ( x2) 400% = 4000 damage
    Demon arma 10 % more damage 4400 damage
    Skill damage increase of 16% from Base - 160 damage

4400 damage + 160 skill damage bonus = 4560 damage

Factors in at the end
    Base damage of 100 % = 1000 damage
    Sunder crit rate (x2) 200% = 2000 damage
    Zerk proc ( x2) 400% = 4000 damage
    Demon arma 10 % more damage 4400 damage

Crit + zerk skill damage increased by 64%
    64% of 4400 damage = 2816

2816 + 4400 = 7216 damage

I guess only way to test it is to Armageddon the damage test mob before and after each time you level up the skill to see if it is effected by critical or God of frenzy.