Auto-cultivation needs revising

Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
It's awesome and all....but there are 2 major issues:

1. My character runs like an idiot into walls and eventually unstucks himself after 30 seconds-1 minute of re-targeting another mob.

2. Combo skill pausing. My character shadow jumps to a mob, then does nothing for about 15 seconds then auto attacks it. Same with some other skills.

Anybody else having issues?
Post edited by Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think (2) is an issue with using shadow jump (or other assassin skills that don't automatically convert to an auto-attack on completion if another skill isn't triggered.) You're lucky you started auto-attacking at all; there seems to have been some changes to how macros work that allows it (I noticed my macros weren't aborting if the next skill in line was in cooldown last night.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PWE needs to hire some of the botters they have claimed to ban for better bot b:laugh
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Clearly, it's an anti-illegitimate bot measure.

Those who are botting improperly will now be easily exposed by the fact that their bots work properly and thus PWI will have an easier time identifying them!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Clearly, it's an anti-illegitimate bot measure.

Those who are botting improperly will now be easily exposed by the fact that their bots work properly and thus PWI will have an easier time identifying them!

why would they even be using the games macro system in the first place? theres much better software out there already that the bots do use (go watch the ones that farm herbs in heaven/hell on lost city server). I could easily set up a keyboard macro with certain keyboards that with one keystroke perform 10-20 different unique actions in succession and repeat itself infinitely as long as that one keys held down.

That's the thing about bots most of the automation is done outside the game interacting with the keyboard itself theres some however that do require more precise adjusting to get them working properly but still this as an anti bot measure is laughable at best.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    *le sigh*

You know... I knew someone would take that seriously. Yet, somewhere, so deep inside I don't even know where it is, I had hope that it was ridiculous enough to not need me to have to point out that it wasn't a serious post.

Maybe my problem is having even the slightest shred of faith in humanity. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Running bug still not fixed also btw x.x As about your issue didn`t notice anything like it, ye olde things, like teleports not working properly (press to teleport and all you get is - you can`t use this skill even though mob is friggin far away but still closer than max distance) and this running ****.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Only problem I have is not being able to use skills during it. ex speed spells to quicken the toon.

Still trying to get Assisting to work unless you need an item for it.

With that I'll mainly be happy. :)
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe they should pay a certain ex-player (not naming him here, but sanctuary-player might know who im talking about xD) for using his bot-software b:laugh

I dont see any reason for that ingame bot at all, besides the fact thats completely useless now to report people for botting since they can just say they were using the ingame bot ... But hey, maybe the mat prices will drop more what is at least something good about it.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My issues with the auto-cultivating:

1. Walking in straight lines to the target.
    The walkingpath you get with walking on foot to quest npc should be coded into the auto-cultivating so you don't walk in a straight line towards the target like a blind moron. They clearly have the coding that auto-walks you around obstacles, why not use it in de auto-cultivating?

2. Unable to use pots during auto-cultivating (unless you have Auto Recovery Stone, don't have so can't test it myself but those are supposed to work).
    Why make a bot that limits you to only 1 macro and blocks every other function out? As an Archer all I can do is make a macro with demon quickshot and use auto attacks otherwise my mp is drained after the 3rd mob. No healing available so if I'm figting magic/ranged mobs I don't have a way to recover hp unless I burn charms/revive in city.
    Make it so you can still use pots during auto-cultivating manually.

3. Priority of picking items is above fending off aggro'd mobs.
    When you turn on to pick up items as well you fight a mob, loot the stuff untill everything's gone, and then you attack a mob again. It's only a matter of minutes before you have aggro'd more than 1 mob during your lootings yet the bot continues to kill 1 - loot - kill 1 - loot. I'm sure classs with bp or heals in their macro won't mind as much at first, but eventually you have 10 mobs on you while the bot is still killing 1 - looting stuff.
    Swap around the priorities and fend off aggro'd mobs first, only when nothing is attacking anymore the bot should pick.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Welp I tried the bot, it's ok and all, but again there are much better botting programs that I know of out there.

The issue I have with this bot is that it can't target certain mobs. It just targets anything in sight.
    Other is that I don't like the fact that the bot stops to pick up items before all the mobs are killed. That's a death sentence. And not being able to use healing items........were the PWCN developers for real when they made this thing?

Also I'm gonna have a harder time reporting illegal botters now.f:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Welp I tried the bot, it's ok and all, but again there are much better botting programs that I know of out there.
    how do you know its better compared to this b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One thing I do not understand; why "in game bot (crtl+F12, Auto - Cultivating...)" is legal and using others bot program is not?. I see only one difference, Cultivating bot need some item shop item to work prosperity(HP/MP potion use) and I think that's a difference ;)
    BTW. How you can report bots now, when they are legal in game?
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not a bad auto attacker, but i'm kida reminded of old posts about veno's and there bird brained nix flying around else where instead of attacking like ordered to.

what i'm getting at is i had my bm in hell area. by the garnobs (109) mob; and placed him in a good area with many of the mobs around him and turned on auto feature....well it did find for a few mobs, then he pulled a nix and went brain dead. walked by but not close enough to aggro many nearby mobs and wandered a bit.

i reset him a few times, placing him back in the center of several groups of mobs. it behaved for a bit then took off like a scud missle with no clue at all.

i did do an aoe macro with hf in the alt skill box, seemed to work ok, i did take a while longer for him to start chasing his toes around again.

did have something funny happen in that same area, thought i had macro running good, left for 20min, when i came back that darn bozo had walked back to town..(insert face palm)...

if there is any plan to make this work better i would suggest that once you turn your auto on that becomes it's center point i.e. if attack area is set to 30 m; then anything 30 m from that center point is as far as you go.

also please add at least 2 more alt action slots, did my claw use only with bell set for 9min rebuff, whould have been nice to of had a spot for my renewal orbs as well.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    how do you know its better compared to this b:chuckle

I've been playing games for years. I research anything I don't understand so when I first heard about bots many years ago I looked them up to see what they were and I've kept tabs on whats been what ever since. This does not only apply to bots, it applies to anything.

I'm not the only player here that looks into programs that doesn't bot in a game, so don't assume (not saying you are, but I'm saying this anyway) that I'm a botter just because I know about botting programs and how they work f:horror.......

Facts about me for future reference:

1. I hate bots.

2. I hate glitches being abused on purpose.

3. I hate things NOT GETTING FIXED.

4. I WILL report people that abuse the game.

5. If a person will not listen to me when I try to reason, I stop taking to them, end of story.

6. Just try to lump me in with morons that abuse games, I don't need to take **** like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• xardiounium
    xardiounium Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Facts about me for future reference:

1. I hate bots.

2. I hate glitches being abused on purpose.

3. I hate things NOT GETTING FIXED.

4. I WILL report people that abuse the game.

5. If a person will not listen to me when I try to reason, I stop taking to them, end of story.

6. Just try to lump me in with morons that abuse games, I don't need to take **** like that.

OK, but now: How you will report bots, when bots are allowed to game?. I'm mean Auto-Cultivating system. How can you possible know someone use other bot then this auto-cultivating bot?. It's make not sense at all now, that's what I think. b:surrender
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    OK, but now: How you will report bots, when bots are allowed to game?. I'm mean Auto-Cultivating system. How can you possible know someone use other bot then this auto-cultivating bot?. It's make not sense at all now, that's what I think. b:surrender

If they go to town to repair/sell, it's a third party program. If if they are digging herbs, it's a third party program. That's about all I can think of to off the top of my head. b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not a bad auto attacker, but i'm kida reminded of old posts about veno's and there bird brained nix flying around else where instead of attacking like ordered to.

Yes, I'm seeing that too! There's a mob RIGHT THERE beside the bot, but nope! Let's run halfway across the screen, still not see a mob, run back, aggro the mob, run in a circle OH HEY! There's a mob now! The one that's been following you and hit you a few times.

Biggest problem I've found, is setting up an autobuff macro. The time will come for it, I'll buff... And then stand there like an idiot. The targeting stops working, the bot won't go back to attacking. And seriously, all I want is to be able to bramble, summer sprint, and use my self heals every 5 minutes (300 seconds, 305 to be safe) when they come off cooldown...
    If they go to town to repair/sell, it's a third party program.
    The bot is supposed to send you to town at some point near the end of the time. Doesn't sell/repair, but hey, at least it doesn't leave you in the middle of mobs. Just pulls them all to town instead.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    The bot is supposed to send you to town at some point near the end of the time. Doesn't sell/repair, but hey, at least it doesn't leave you in the middle of mobs. Just pulls them all to town instead.

Venus was explaining what a third party bot program would do, not the PWI bot. Some third party bot programs will go back to town, repair gear/sell mats, and then head right back to where they were botting and start that cycle again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If they go to town to repair/sell, it's a third party program.

Wait so how does that logic work? Cause I found a decent set of mobs I can auto cultivate that just happens to be near a town and almost never get stuck, but because it's x2 I have only so much space for the extra drops. How would this logic separate me checking on my character every 2 or 3 hours to stop auto cultivation for a minute to sell/repair gear and then going right back where I was from a bot user who's using such a bot that repairs/sells automatically?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait so how does that logic work? Cause I found a decent set of mobs I can auto cultivate that just happens to be near a town and almost never get stuck, but because it's x2 I have only so much space for the extra drops. How would this logic separate me checking on my character every 2 or 3 hours to stop auto cultivation for a minute to sell/repair gear and then going right back where I was from a bot user who's using such a bot that repairs/sells automatically?
    usually you try communicate with them too.
    PMs, normal chat and such. And yes the 'i didnt have chat on' dont work if your really botting cause the gms could check on you. Although nowadays....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lycorisdaemon
    lycorisdaemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My issue isn't much on the picks up items while being attacked as it is the bot WONT pick up items. e_e

I have it set up in the new starter area to farm Aquametal but every time I turn around its kill, stand there like an idiot, go kill something else. I have to reset the dang thing to keep it picking up items!
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Lyrynx - Momaganon Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My issue isn't much on the picks up items while being attacked as it is the bot WONT pick up items. e_e

I have it set up in the new starter area to farm Aquametal but every time I turn around its kill, stand there like an idiot, go kill something else. I have to reset the dang thing to keep it picking up items!

there's a drop-down menu on 1 of the windows ....the options are; to just kill and pick up nothing, an option to kill and pick up coins only and lastlt an option to kill and pick up all drops and coins

unless your exaggerating slightly on frequency, if this is happening to every mob you kill this should be you answer
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This auto-cultivation(bot) system is exactly what Perfect World is all about. It personifies everything that Perfect World stands for...or I should say, doesn't stand for.

Perfect World cannot hang with other games of this same genre but it tries to get close and always falls short.

This auto cultivation tries to mimic the actual bots that are out there and while it tires to get close it falls grievously short, much like all of the games other features, they just fall short.

The thing that drives me crazy about this bot is how it just stops, it stops for no reason at all, it just stops sometimes.

I set my assassin to cultivate one day, I set her up to do nothing but auto attack, no skills, no buffs, nothing, after about 20 minutes I checked back and she was just standing there, doing nothing. I reset her bot and watched this time, about 10 minutes later she stopped again. She was fighting and then she wasn't. She killed a mob and picked up the drops then just stood there. Sometimes it is 10 minutes, sometimes it is 20, sometimes an hour sometimes 2. The damn thing just stops and for no reason.

I can promise you, if there was nothing to complain about, I would not have said a single word, not a one.

But here I am, why? because this stuff is broken, that is why.

You couple this with the way they let a hacker run around making chaos unchecked on their server, the broken essential quests, removal of essential items, broken events, broken pets, broken skills, broken essential instances and what do you have? A ******n shame is what you have.
    edited January 2014
    It will glitch a lot more if you only use auto attacks, I start with twin strike or slipstream strike, then auto attack, then repeat, it will also stop working if you have some lags, in other words if you can`t attend the bot at least every 10 min, don`t bother if you don`t want to be disappointed, it may work good and it may glitch, it`s not perfect like everything in this game, if it has a possibility of an error - it will happen and depends on terrain, for some it`s better to be in flight when you fight, for others walking, you just need to experiment, set various skills, range, etc. to sort out what works for you.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you're doing it for aquametal, don't set up on bandits, as inevitably you're going to end up by some seeker vortexing and trying to pick up his drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited January 2014
    If you're doing it for aquametal, don't set up on bandits, as inevitably you're going to end up by some seeker vortexing and trying to pick up his drops.

Where do you get that aqua-metal quest ad what`s it for?
  • pronesssss
    pronesssss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yes the cultivation system wasnt very well thought out... it does work with the recovery stones as i tried it earlier... but it need a lot of stuff... veno pet functions , an item list, the auto pathing, and the macro thing sucks... my cousin spent 40$ and purchased pgrind and it makes him 5-10 mil a day so yeah... pwi please make this more efficient ...i only made a 1.5 mil in 20 hoursb:surrender
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pronesssss wrote: »
    yes the cultivation system wasnt very well thought out... it does work with the recovery stones as i tried it earlier... but it need a lot of stuff... veno pet functions , an item list, the auto pathing, and the macro thing sucks... my cousin spent 40$ and purchased pgrind and it makes him 5-10 mil a day so yeah... pwi please make this more efficient ...i only made a 1.5 mil in 20 hoursb:surrender

Pretty sure talking about a third party program is against the tos, and even if it's not, talking about botting programs other than the ones pwi gives us is a violation.
    SweetieBot, please bring up the rule on talking about third party software/ illegal botting programs?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SweetieBot, please bring up the rule on talking about third party software/ illegal botting programs?
    Don't be so bossy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't be so bossy.

You showed them. lol
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn