The class that can QQ about update

Options
2»

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I hear this statement every now and then. But no one ever proved the skills he is talking to, referring to another class, are really useful. If you claim they are, show an example. If I see how AA veno kills an equally geared player relying on her foxfom attack skills I will reconsider my attitude towards them b:chuckle But before this... I had enough time to see what damage they can do and how "easy" it is to use melee attack without any reliable ability to CC your target in fox form.

Yes, we, venos, know better :D

I like how you entered you own world there and took what I said out of context. I used twin strike as an example of the average player not finding a use for something and saying it's useless, when it has a use, other wise it wouldnt be there. If you really knew better, you would come to the same conclusion.

Because Myriad's cant be proced, Nixes cant stun, and Crush Vigor can't be used right? Give me a break. Use all resources, not just a few. Also not all veno's are AA, in TW's factions you tend to find LA, and HA veno's more often. But of course we are talking about PvP, not thoery, but what actually happens. Anywho, I've seen veno's take down equal geared people, there's a lot people have to be careful of when fighting a veno, the least you could do is use that to your advantage, instead of outright lying.

CC is CC, not just stuns. You can freeze melee's and use that to position urself, and nix stun just about anything else. Not to mention Bewitch has the same duration as your fox form cd.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Can people stop talking about Venomancers and PvE? The OP stated this is about PvP.

Now since we had this cleared up I'm going to repeat myself. Venomancers are more or less alright save for a couple of skills that needed update which we never got (eg. Frost Scarab).

Compared to this update what Venomancers got seems pretty crappy but as far as I've seen most people are unhappy about their class' updates so whatever.

Azura is right, people were expecting good stuff like the Morai update which gave most classes amazing things. This time around is just mostly modifications to existing skills which are.."meh" in a lot of cases.

It's also true that we haven't tested all skills yet so we can't form a complete opinion until more is known.

And people need to stop with the whole "we have the right to QQ" "no you don't have the right to QQ" though I admit the thread title is provoking/tempting.

Also >.> I hope a Mod takes a walk around here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _isucku_ - Lost City
    _isucku_ - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Venos are the reason why everyone else can't have nice things like buffs.
    Venos pls.

hahaha... agreeb:thanksb:laugh
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I like how you entered you own world there and took what I said out of context. I used twin strike as an example of the average player not finding a use for something and saying it's useless, when it has a use, other wise it wouldnt be there. If you really knew better, you would come to the same conclusion.
    We are talking about certain skills of a certain class, aren't we? I can't say anything about twin strike and never called it useless or useful (it needs to be tested before such conclusions), but I can talk about veno foxform attack skills.
    Just because you consider a skill useless doesn't make it so.
    It's not my judgement what makes a skill useless, but the very essence of the skill b:chuckle Whatever you say about it, it's just words and will not make them more usable. But if you claim I'm wrong, prove it. Else I will rely on my own experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Mazumii why are you here in Venomancer forum, to build up your ego? Venos have every right to have new skills just like you. Go work on your own toon and maybe you will feel better about yourself b:pleased
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I don't see what's wrong with the skill. usually after I cast ironwood I go for blazing scarab anyway; this just saves me time, and has made my blazing scarab more spamable, technically. + lets be honest here, pvp wise, it's 2 attacks in one, as well as a DoT + debuff (or potential intense debuff, if you're demon as my veno is.)

Quite frankly, I love it. you wanna QQ about chi, go get cloud eruption on your genie. lets be honest here, blazing scarab wasn't THAT great of a chi generator.

while I don't particularly care for any of the other veno skills in this update, this is one I like.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Umm you're wrong. For Demon Venomancers Blazing Scarab was important for chi making, cycling through Lucky Scarab/Noxious Gas/Blazing Scarab while Sages are well off with spamming Venomous Scarab because of the Sage proc.

The 180% debuff is nowhere near as strong as a complete 0 physical defence debuff but some players decided to trade it off for the guaranteed 40% debuff proc.

What sucks the most is the fact that you can't tell if you proc'd 40% or 180% on Demon. This is bad for Venomancers that solo PK/1v1 a lot because they can't really tell when they should use Arcane Antinomy...The new skill is good for PvE and group PK/TW but it's not exactly an upgrade.

Sages have no reason not to upgrade but Demons actually need to give up something in order to gain something else that for some is not worth it. This is why I wrote this.

Edit: You'll see most Demons complaining because they are at disadvantage (the point in my previous paragraph) again. Last Fox Form update favored Sages too.

Though I personally don't think it's too bad but they shouldn't have messed with Ironwoods when they had other options of upgrading skills, especially ones that really needed it (Frost Scarab).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★