Confirmation please

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Is it safe to RB before 105, meaning will we be able to get back those stat points at a later time?
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so much ****ing nonsense pwi did by not giving us any information. it's all bull****
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am curious on this too. If I rebirth at 101 what level would have I be the second time to get max stats?
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Every single thread popping up lately has been answered at least 5 times, mostly in this very thread.

If only people would've bothered to read instead of starting the same threads over and over
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Every single thread popping up lately has been answered at least 5 times, mostly in this very thread.

If only people would've bothered to read instead of starting the same threads over and over
    7. Reincarnation

Reincarnation

Requirements: 100+, must have sage/demon fairy
    (not sure which fairy it's asking for)

You will be set back to level 1.
    You will get a certain amount of stats points at level 1 depending on when you reincarnate.
    This level 102 character got 32 stat points after being reborn.
    You will gain 2x exp.

Even though you're set back at level 1, the server keeps track of the highest level you were at.
    This means you will still be able to use some of your items and keep some of your stats.

Confirmed for carrying over:
    Ability to use gear without stat requirements (such as belts).
    Spirit

Not known if carried over:
    Culti
    Order Prestige/Influence
    Ability to enter level restriction areas
    Ability to enter OHT/unlockable areas

In order to use some of your gear or pots, the server will record your highest level and gear set up before being reborn.
    You won't be able to use regular mediation pills at first. There will be special green ones.

There could be different cycles in the reincarnation system kinda like meditation.

The skills updates might come from this system. Some skills are apparently merged.

This does not answer the question for those of us concerned about getting max stats and not having to hit lvl 105 before rebirthing.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    edited December 2013
    This does not answer the question for those of us concerned about getting max stats and not having to hit lvl 105 before rebirthing.

And this is what i meant with not reading the thread, I know it's a lot of pages but start reading from this page onward about the very question asked in this thread.

So the answer is no, you don't have to hit 105 to get max stats. It would however mean that you have to feed XP to your historical levels so they can hit 105 to get the missing points.
    Soon™
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If I read correctly (forgot where) you get a set number of bonus stats depending when you RB.

LV101 = 25 bonus stat points
    LV102 = 35 bonus stat points
    LV103 = 45 bonus stat points
    LV104 = 55 bonus stat points
    LV105 = 65 bonus stat points

You only get these bonus stats ONCE. So if you want the max bonus stat points you must first level your character to 105.

Personally, I've checked the difference between 102 and 105 on my character endgame build and I can live with RB at 103 but would prefer 104. It's just that half billion EXP b:sad
    edited December 2013
    If I read correctly (forgot where) you get a set number of bonus stats depending when you RB.

LV101 = 25 bonus stat points
    LV102 = 35 bonus stat points
    LV103 = 45 bonus stat points
    LV104 = 55 bonus stat points
    LV105 = 65 bonus stat points

You only get these bonus stats ONCE. So if you want the max bonus stat points you must first level your character to 105.

Personally, I've checked the difference between 102 and 105 on my character endgame build and I can live with RB at 103 but would prefer 104. It's just that half billion EXP b:sad

According to what Asterelle says in the link i posted, you get the points twice.
    Soon™
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    And this is what i meant with not reading the thread, I know it's a lot of pages but start reading from this page onward about the very question asked in this thread.

So the answer is no, you don't have to hit 105 to get max stats. It would however mean that you have to feed XP to your historical levels so they can hit 105 to get the missing points.

Thank you. This was not in the OP and was quite a bit of information to go through. I think those of us with this question was just looking for a quick reference on the subject.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I would like official confirmation from PWI staff, not from PWI players posted BEFORE the content was even released.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What makes you think PWI staff knows? The people in the know are in China, not PWE headquarters in California.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited December 2013
    Thank you. This was not in the OP and was quite a bit of information to go through. I think those of us with this question was just looking for a quick reference on the subject.

Indeed and much of those pages are people getting all warm and creamy about the Arch team returning. The OP of that thread is in need of soome serious editing.
    edited December 2013
    I would like official confirmation from PWI staff, not from PWI players posted BEFORE the content was even released.

WOW, and that is the response from people trying to help? In that case, I take back my previous posts and you can suffer and muddle through the pages of the forums ungrateful <self-censor>.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with what I said and I'm really not sure why you're cursing at me.
    edited December 2013
    No?!?

You ask for help with a question about the new expansion and players take the time to answer, some a little more curt than others. Still, we all reference Asterelle's post, who by the way is one of the most active an knowlegable players on the forums, and your response is to dismiss the help because the replies are "not from PWI".

REALLY?!? Your lucky to get any support from PWI these days so don't look a gift horse in the mouth when someone is willing to help.
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow, TMN, I see a lot of raging from you these days. I remember you as a poised person back in days.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
    edited December 2013
    porphy wrote: »
    Wow, TMN, I see a lot of raging from you these days. I remember you as a poised person back in days.

I still am. This is really the only pet pev I have. People who ask for help or opinions then dismiss them because you are not "official".

If don't want it, don't ask for it.

Then again I still have not had my morning coffee too.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with ToyMaker. It is rude to ask for help and then reject it because it is not "official".

Heck, Asterelle's information has been very helpful to me for a long time.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • diushishei2
    diushishei2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    u don't have to wait until 105 to rew, once u rew and reach 100, there will be a system allow you to lvl ur current character or history character, once ur history character reach certain lvl, u are still able to get the attributes
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    PWE does not have a history of providing a whole bunch of information about new updates anyway; the good info has always come from players figuring it out for themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I still am. This is really the only pet pev I have. People who ask for help or opinions then dismiss them because you are not "official".

If don't want it, don't ask for it.

Then again I still have not had my morning coffee too.

I did not ask for help.
    I did not ask for an opinion.
    I asked for *confirmation* of something that has been "rumored" and "speculated" upon via rough translations of a game version that we do not have *identically.*
    Please look up the words involved before you jump down someone's throat.

And I know full well that Ast is generally reliable (I'm actually on the same server, in the same guild, for the third time in my PWI lifespan). This has nothing to do with not trusting Ast. It has to do with not trusting the continuity of the content that we get as a hand-me-down from China, and not being willing to risk a permanent would-be loss of 20+ stat points from RB'ing early because I took the word of other players who are in no better a position than I am to make declarative statements of absolute fact pertaining to content that had (at the time of the postings in that thread you linked to, which by the way, I have indeed read prior to your linking -- I simply found the information insufficient) not yet been released to us, tested by us, or ran through to completion to know one way or another if everything is A: the same as in China server, or B: functioning properly.

Are you prepared to put in the time and money to re-roll my veno, re-r999 her, and re-name her to match the original should the information you provided be inaccurate leading me to make an irreversible mistake which would permanently put my character at a disadvantage? If no, then climb off my back, crawl out of my rear-end, and comprehend what I'm seeking in the first place: a little reassurance from the people on payroll.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Either reawaken, or wait until others have reawakened and relevled to confirm the information I and others have accumulated from sources based on other versions. The GMs don't know, and assuming they ask China it will take them time to get a response, assuming they get a response. That's the way it's always been in PWI.

Asking for an official confirmation is wasting your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It works fine. Just do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    About that rebirth thing, is it that purple quest you start at General Summer?

Could use some info on wich quests to avoid, and why? allready got a veno friend ending back at lvl 1, without wanting to do rebirth, and from what i understand, no warning about what would happen
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    loool came in to help, but I'm not pwi staff, oh well gg
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will admit that I am curious as well. My cleric is level 101, and should I choose to rebirth now, I lose around 50 stat points...which is, in essence a huge loss. I would like to explore this new content that PWI has put into the game, but I also don't want to make a move that will permanently handicap and gimp my character that I have been playing for many years now, simply because I rebirthed too early.

If players and/or GM's could please give me a true, clear, and concise answer to my question, I would be very much appreciative.

Sidenote: Please don't give me a smart reply, like "I must not read/search button/learn to read/etc" I'm asking because I truly am not clear on this, and the answers that I have read in my search have not answered this question in a way that I am comfortable with the answer, still very uncertain, or am unclear.

Any answers on this matter would be nice. Thank you in advance for your responses. :)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)