4 aoe skills for 2, deal?

NigeIus - Dreamweaver
NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Blademaster
even if the new 2 aoe skills might hit harder, we are losing 2 aoes, and (if u are demon) the nice chances to get 30 chi wiht drake sweep.

not complaining about other skills, they look good (wanna test farstrike asap!!) but idk, we are losing 2 aoes. opinions?
Post edited by NigeIus - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm pretty sure that the new skills give chi no matter what... (assuming they do in fact hit)... still though.

If I read it right, almost all of the new 'merged' skills give chi in one way or another.

EDIT:

Obviously 10 chi isn't 30 chi, but still a 'gain chi' sounds guaranteed... ill take that and less chi any day over the randomness of the demon one atm.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    was just an example.....focus in the 4 aoes going to be 2.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't forget the cooldown reduction. At 10 chi and 3 second cooldown, drake sweep at 8 seconds, within only 9 seconds you can get the same chi. 2 casts for a guarantee of 20 chi, so the difference is 10 chi. I don't think the impact will be too heavy.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    People seem to be looking at the wrong thing here.

Drake sweep is 20% chance to get 30 chi. Most of us who use it at different times know that drake sweep can not be relied upon to get chi. Some time it is nice and you get 20 chi~1.5 sparks back. Most of the time, there is no extra chi gain.

There was a thread on this specific skill and the proc rate. End result, it was not reliable.

Now you are getting a skill that is guranteed to give you 30 chi in 9 seconds + casting+channeling time. Compared to the previous 8~12 chi.

Some bm skills give more chi than others, we made a list for it, totally forgot it was. Can't recall what drake sweep was exactly in the game.

If you read the other thread on the topic of skill changes, you'll see that the cool down times are reduced appropriately. Maybe the gap is slightly bigger between our aoe skills, but most of us won't feel it.
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lmfao @ qq before even updates in game..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't looked at the math but would we be able to keep up constant AOEs with this? Normally on my lowbie BM I would HF->Fissure->Highland->Drake Sweep->Fan of Flames->Highland->Swap fists and cyclone heel->Back to axes repeat cycle + insert stuns/more HF, because constant hits = constant paint heals, but would that be possible with the smaller number of AOEs?

P.S. not gonna consider Demon shadowless kick an aoe because 3 meters isn't gonna hit **** except maybe all melee pulls like FC lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't looked at the math but would we be able to keep up constant AOEs with this? Normally on my lowbie BM I would HF->Fissure->Highland->Drake Sweep->Fan of Flames->Highland->Swap fists and cyclone heel->Back to axes repeat cycle + insert stuns/more HF, because constant hits = constant paint heals, but would that be possible with the smaller number of AOEs?

P.S. not gonna consider Demon shadowless kick an aoe because 3 meters isn't gonna hit **** except maybe all melee pulls like FC lol

I was looking at it the other day until my daughter interrupted me. The way it looks is as of right now, if you only use axe skills there is 1 gap in aoes if you do not stun or use HF in that cycle. With just 2 aoes we will have 2 gaps in an aoe cycle but the gaps combined will equal the 1 gap in the current axe only cycle. So with what we have currently it looks like 2 small hits then 2 big hits 1 single target attack then cycle again. With the fused skills it becomes 2 big hits 1 single target hit then 2 big hits then 1 single target hit again. Now I was just looking at this from an axe only perspective and not swapping out weapons or the addition of HF or stuns. I have 2 bms, I will reincarnate and get the skills on 1 and leave the other for now. I want to test both ways to see how the new skills flow compared to the old ones.
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BT is also a aoe...lol. If anyone forgot. Blade hurl is also somewhat a aoe even if the area is small. So to say that its getting reduced to 2 aoes you mean in the new skills right?