Skill updates for BM and change in game play?

Options
Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Blademaster

FAQ:
What are these?
These are the new skills you can get in the expansion.

What are the prereqs?
These are all upgrades to existing sage / demon skills (with a few exceptions). Some of them are mergers of or more skills. You will need all prereq skills at level 11 to learn these. When skills get merged you lose the old skills.

How do you get them?
After you reincarnate you farm the items for making them by doing dailies.

How long does it take?
The skills have different costs but it will take from 3 days to 2 weeks per skill.

Recipes:

You're going to have to match these up with the skill descriptions below.

BM:
Merger: Piercing Winds + Drake Bash + Mage Bane
Adv. Mirage Sky Page + 60 Primordial Blood

Merger: Fissure + Highland Cleave
Mirage Sky Page + 60 Primordial Blood

Merger: Atmos Strike + Meteor Rush
Adv. Mirage Sky Page + 60 Primordial Blood

Upgrade: Spirit Chaser
Adv. Arcane Sky Page + 30 Primordial Blood

Upgrade: Farstrike
Adv. Arcane Sky Page + 30 Primordial Blood

Merger: Aeolian Blade + Stream Strike
Mirage Sky Page + 60 Primordial Blood

Merger: Drake Sweep + Fan of Flames
Arcane Sky Page + 10 Primordial Blood

Merger: Tiger Maw + Draw Blood
Arcane Sky Page + 10 Primordial Blood
Skill Info:
=== BM ===

ΦTiger Leap

Range Melee
Mana ??
Cast 1.0 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 20
Weapon Melee Weapons

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Leap at your foe with an animalistic fury,
dealing base physical damage plus
Causes the target to bleed for
3 seconds, dealing
an additional
300% of weapon damage plus ??.

Sage version generates 20 Chi.

ΩTiger Leap

Range Melee
Mana ??
Cast 1.0 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 15
Weapon Melee Weapons

Required Cultivation Aware of the Void
Leap at your foe with an animalistic fury,
Causes the target to bleed for
3 seconds, dealing
an additional
400% of weapon damage plus ??.

Demon version increases bleed damage by 100% of weapon damage.

ΦArmy Crusher

Range Melee
Mana ??
Cast 1.0 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Melee Weapons

Sweep your weapon in a massive arc, delivering
a powerful attack against all enemies within
Meters, dealing base physical damage plus

Sage version deals an additional 1825 damage.

ΩArmy Crusher

Range Melee
Mana ??
Cast 1.0 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Melee Weapons

Sweep your weapon in a massive arc,
delivering a powerful attack against
all enemies within
12 Meters, dealing
base physical damage plus

Demon version increases the range to 12 Meters.

ΦRiver Avalanche

Range Melee
Mana ??
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 1.8 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Melee Weapons

Fall upon your enemy with the power of a crashing wave, dealing base physical damage plus
180% of
weapon damage plus
4664. Has a 55% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds. Increases your Threat.

Sage version deals 180% of weapon damage.

ΩRiver Avalanche

Range Melee
Mana ??
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 1.8 seconds
Cooldown 5.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Melee Weapons

Fall upon your enemy with the power of a crashing wave, dealing base physical damage plus
140% of
weapon damage plus
4664. Has a 55% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds. Increases your Threat.

Demon version reduces the cooldown by 1 second.

ΦFarstrike

Range 20 Meters
Mana 165
Channel 0.8 seconds
Cast 1.2 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Poleblade, Pike, or Club

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Magically empower your weapon to strike a distant
foe. Deals base physical damage plus
180% of weapon
damage plus
8118. If the target is more than 10
Meters away, it will be stunned for
3 seconds.

Sage version increases damage by 60% of weapon damage plus 1200.

ΩFarstrike

Range 20 Meters
Mana 165
Channel 0.8 seconds
Cast 1.2 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 20
Weapon Poleblade, Pike, or Club

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
Magically empower your weapon to strike a distant
foe. Deals base physical damage plus
120% of weapon
damage plus
6918. If the target is more than 10
Meters away, it will be stunned for
3 seconds

Primal version generates 20 Chi.
Primal version never misses.

ΦSpirit Chaser

Range 20 Meters
Mana 140
Channel 0.7 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 15
Weapon Blade or Sword

Summon shadow blades to rapidly strike
the enemy. Deals base physical damage
plus
80% of weapon damage plus 7712.

Sage version reduces Channel and Cast times by 0.1 seconds.
Sage version increases the Critical Rate of
your next ΦFarstrike within
6 seconds by 40%.

ΩSpirit Chaser

Range 20 Meters
Mana 140
Channel 0.8 seconds
Cast 0.9 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 25
Weapon Blade or Sword

Summon shadow blades to rapidly strike
the enemy. Deals base physical damage
plus
80% of weapon damage plus 7712.

Primal version generates 25 Chi.
Arcane version increases the Critical Rate of
your next ΩFarstrike within
6 seconds by 40%.

ΦStar Smite

Range 8 Meters
Mana 165
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 15
Weapon Poleblade, Pike, or Club、Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
Throw your weapon at the target. Attacks targets along a
15 meter line,
Also knocks non-player targets back
18 Meters.

Different weapon types yield different effects.
Poleblade, Pike, or Club: Has a
33% chance to stun the target for 5 seconds.
Blade or Sword: Gains additional
35 Chi.

Interrupts target's skill upon a successful hit.

ΩStar Smite

Range 8 Meters
Mana 165
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Chi Gained 15
Weapon Poleblade, Pike, or Club、Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
Throw your weapon at the target. Attacks targets along a
15 meter line,
Also knocks non-player targets back
18 Meters.

Poleblade, Pike, or Club: Has a
33% chance to stun the target for 5 seconds.
Blade or Sword: Gains additional
35 Chi.

In 8seconds, lowers the target's Evasion by 50%.

ΦHillborn

Range Melee
Mana ??
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 2.0 seconds
Cooldown 5.0 seconds
Chi Gained 12
Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
Smites like the mountain is falling. Attacks targets within
10 Meters, dealing base physical damage plus 165%
weapon damage, plus
7703. Also slows the targets by
50%. Lasts for ?? seconds.

Has up to
50% chance to deal a extra base damage.
The chance is determined by your Soulforce.

Has a 25% chance to increase your critical chance for 10 seconds by 20%.

ΩHillborn

Range Melee
Mana ??
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 2.0 seconds
Cooldown 5.0 seconds
Chi Gained 12
Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
Smites like the mountain is falling. Attacks targets within
10 Meters, dealing base physical damage plus 165%
weapon damage, plus
7703. Also slows the targets by
50%. Lasts for ?? seconds.

Has up to
50% chance to deal a extra base damage.
The chance is determined by your Soulforce.

Slows targets by 65%.

ΦDragon Rising

Range Melee
Mana 140
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 1.5 seconds
Cooldown 15.0 seconds
Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer、Poleblade, Pike, or Club、Blade or Sword

Wields your weapon at the target, dealing base physical damage
plus
105% weapon damage, plus 5834.
Also paralyzes it for
4 seconds.

Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer: Paralyzes for
6 seconds.
Poleblade, Pike, or Club: In
6 seconds the target is dealt 600% weapon damage.
Blade or Sword: Increases the channel time of non-player targets by
50%,
and that of player targets by
100%. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Costs 1 point of Spark

Has a 35% chance to reduce the Spark cost by 1.

ΩDragon Rising

Range Melee
Mana 140
Channel 0.4 seconds
Cast 1.5 seconds
Cooldown 15.0 seconds
Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer、Poleblade, Pike, or Club、Blade or Sword

Wields your weapon at the target, dealing base physical damage
plus
105% weapon damage, plus 5834. 伤
Also paralyzes it for
4 seconds.

Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer: Paralyzes for
6 seconds.
Poleblade, Pike, or Club: In
6 seconds the target is dealt 600% weapon damage
力.
Blade or Sword: Increases the channel time of non-player targets by
50%,
that of player targets by
100%. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Costs 1 point of Spark

Paralyze time increased by 1.5 seconds.

Thanks to Lunari_Fenix for posting the information on the update thread. Thanks to Asterelle for giving the above information. It is an amazing post, makes things really for us to refer back and to read things. Thank you.

My take on skill changes

Tiger maw+draw blood: I used to use these skills in pvp, simply because they were quick hitting skills for building chi with axes and maybe get a lucky zerk crit of 7~13k from it on a player. The skill merge seems to keep the base physical attack factor to 1, but adds the weapon damage. The bleed effect is turned into delayed damage. I assume people get a status icon on their bar, because this can help with charm ticks, kill the last pesky hp left on a person. Others can do the number crunching, but it seems useful to invest in this skill simply because for skills that most people don't use, you get 300~400% weapon damage+X amount extra.

Drakesweep+fan of flames: I am not sure about this one, they merge two of my aoe skills that i use often. They how ever reduce the cool down time to 3 seconds, that means i can use it twice compared to previous cool down time. Not sure what cast time is, but channel is 1 second, so this could be a good set up for aoe. They add the additional damage of the two skills, and since we can do it twice, base physical damage remains the same. Merging on this skill is not giving extra power. It does turn the frontal aoe into complete aoe with the 12 meter radius. The complete aoe factor with increased range, makes this skill worth it for the change to me. Not sure about mp costs on the new skills, because these aoe skills take quite a bit of mp.

Aeolian Blade+Stream Strike: Same as before, adding the damage of the two skills. Stun chance has been increased, not sure why the range exists, 55~60%. Causes massive hatred, i presume agro skills have been modified or they are still taking the broken aspect of stream strike and adding it here. Not many of us use this skill in pvp or pve, so not sure about getting this skill is worth the effort.

Farstrike: 20 meters b:dirty. Added damage is bumped up, 100% accuracy (do we have zerk poles?) Chi gain goes to 20, might be a good skill to use when getting chi on the run. Not sure how 10 meter immobilized will work, but a good benefit if it immobilizes targets that are more than 10 meters away, gives you time to catch up.

Spirit Chaser: Sword skill sadly, but worth the benefits to switch weapons temporarily i think. Big bump to additional damage. Farstrike crit rate is 40%, i presume this becomes a combo skill. Another reason to use this with farstrike is we get 45 chi back from using two skills. Sometimes that is sorely needed.

Meteor rush+ Atmos strike: Cross weapon skill, Knock back of 18 meters on non targeted player. This will be similar to mystic pushback but a linear aoe kind? This can be mighty useful decreases enemy evasion by 50%, not sure how long this buff will last. But if this is more permanent rather than for this skill effect only, that means sins and archers may not be so pesky anymore with constant misses on our part. Downside, have to use a polearm for stun, or sword for chi gain, won't be able to use r9 axes. R8 poleaxe could work.

Highland Cleave+Fissure: Downside, you lose two aoe skills. Upside, cool down is 5 seconds only, can be chained with drakesweep+fan of flame, and would need one more aoe/attack to fill the gap. Additional damage would be good for the aoe, might be able to one shot the not so squishy people with hf+this combo.

Drake Bash+Piercing Winds+Mage Bane: If this messes with my stun lock, i won't be upgrading this skill. It doesn't seem worth the effort. I do use my stun lock quite often in nw on non r9 3rd cast casters.

Blade tornado will be back to doing regular damage dartweave b:victory, maybe now you can one shot squads while they are protecting the tunnels in tw b:dirty.

Some skill changes make sense, others will depend on people's game play. It seems that things might be becoming better for us in pvp/pve. I haven't looked at other classes and how they benefit from skill changes. It could be that other classes get a bigger boost than us, but meh, i like the changes so far, will have to see how it plays out in the game.

What do you people think about these skill changes for bm? For those who are knowledgeable about other classes and their skills, how do our changes compare to other classes?
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Just a few observations with the new skills that I see. We are going from 3.5 AOE skills (Fan of Flames being the .5 since it's just a frontal aoe) to just 2. As of right now with the skill cool downs as they are there is a small window where we can't aoe. With the new skills we will hit harder but it looks like there will be a larger gap between aoe skills. I guess I can just look at our aoe skills now and figure out an average dps and compare that to an average dps of the new skills and go off that. Tiger Maw + Draw Blood is nice, I see no downside to getting those 2 skills fused. The Aeolian Blade + Stream Strike combo is ok. I like to open with Aeolian Blade because it is a decently hard hitting skill, I could care less if it stuns or not. I like Stream Strike since it is a quick skill with low cool down but it cost chi to cast. I guess I can go either way on this one. I really need to see how the new skills flow together before I really commit to fusing the skills. I like how they left fist path alone, it's still fine for TT and PVE so no need to change it. My biggest complaint is that we are the only class that has to change to an inferior weapon to use skills. I guess we could run around with r9rr axe and warsoul sword and pike but really? Why are we the only class that has to do something like this. T3 is an ok option but again, we are the only class that is forced to change weapons to maximize our potential.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In the same way you could consider Venomancers getting the legendary pets for maximizing their potential in all areas, especially the Monkey pet which is quite a must-have for PvP nowadays.

It's just how it is I guess. People who choose these classes have to either accept it and spend the money or settle for less.

I do like, however, that they tried to push more towards swapping weapons and if I'm not mistakes some skills were changed to be used by multiple weapons while, right now, they are limited to one (or two?).

I'm not a BM but I wanted to keep an eye on this thread to learn new things. From the perspective of a non-BM class, i see them giving BMs new potential combos or new ways of using skills. It's too early to predict whether this is a threat or not but it's certainly interesting and something new people will have to pay attention to.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @ Desdi: You bring up a very valid point about venos and getting certain pets to reach your potential. My only retort to that is once you have your pet all you have to do is level it. BMs on the other hand in theory have to +12 4 different weapons. Now my r8r pole is +3 and all I use it for is defense levels while carrying the flag in NW, or the off chance I have to pick up a cata during TW. My sword is only 95 Lunar and that's because I got lazy in farming to make it T3. The main reason I was making a sword was to pass it to my Seeker, I don't remember the last time I used it on BM. OH and I would argue that Nix, Herc, and Monkey are all useful pets. As a BM axe is important, pole is useful, sword is pretty useless, and fist is why use skills when you can herp derp aps.

The changing of the weapons was always there, now they just opened certain skills to different weapon paths. I think in the end its just a veiled attempt to incorporate just about useless weapon paths and make them useful.

I love the BM class and all it's flaws, and there are many. To me it just seemed like the people who developed BMs said lets add a little bit of this and that then stir. But instead of a tasty stew we got a bland broth with no flavor.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OMG they are trying to make other skill paths more viable!

How dare they to do such a thing, right? b:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    -snip-

Yeah, I wasn't comparing costs and such but just the whole concept of it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Tiger Maw+Draw Blood:

1v1: I like it. Especially in 1v1 fights. It'll provide some tricky strategy to overcoming your opponent with the telekenesis effect. Spammable, quite a decent amount of chi gained from it. Definitely worth it.

Group Fights/NW: Probably just a low priority skill, but judging it's cast time you can probably pull it off if you have the defense or know you can live in that 1 second frame. You know, if you really want that one target down.

TW: I wouldn't touch it.

PvE: Sure.

Drake Sweep+Fan of Flames:

1v1: I can definitely see a sage argument for it. But I can't convince myself to change it to this version, as a demon player. I use Drake Sweep and Fan of Flames a lot for chi gain along with damage. After comparing the 8 second cooldowns with this 3 second one, not sure how to feel about it.

Group Fights/NW: Spammable, can do quite fine with the cooldown. But I'm still leaning with my thoughts in the 1v1 part above.

TW: You could use it. I prefer keeping Drake Sweep over it, to gain the chi if I'm targeting multiple players.

PvE: More Aoe, more damage, more female dogs.

Aeolian Blade+Stream Strike

Didn't like stream strike anyway. Lol.

1v1: Definitely good in a 1v1. I suppose you 'could' rely on the higher stun, but don't count on it just yet.

Group Fights/NW: Wouldn't really touch it.

TW: Wouldn't touch it.

PvE: Just touch it.

Farstrike

1v1: Good for both cultivations. Good for damage, or for chi gain. The immobilization is pretty good. Get the leap forward handy. Unless, you're fighting some archer, bm or wiz that knows how to leap. Lol.

Group Fights/NW: GET. THAT. FLAG. CARRIER.

TW: Can be useful for TW, but if they're running from you, don't chase. Clear objectives first.

Spirit Chaser

1v1: Jesus christ, the combo makes me want to get a Zerk Poleblade. **** my Purge Pole. xD As a demon player, I would just use both skills, as they are 20m range to gather up some chi.

Group Fights/NW: Nah

TW: Nah

PvE: Nah

Meteor Rush+ Atmos Strike

1v1: More chi? Damn, I'd get it lol.

Group Fights/NW: If you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to decrease someone's evasion if you're demon.

TW: No.

PvE: Sometimes, my HF's misses. I should decrease the bosses' evasion!

Highland Cleave+Fissure

WTB>Demon Highland Cleave.

Good for everything.

Drake Bash+Piercing Winds+Mage Bane

Not sure how I'll respond to this. I'm probably not going to touch this skill. Lol.

Blade Tornado

People in Sanct still run through tunnel gates? Dammit, I thought it was just my server being dumb!
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
    edited December 2013
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    OMG they are trying to make other skill paths more viable!

How dare they to do such a thing, right? b:angry

They are? From what I see they are just letting us use some sword skills with pole blade. All the sword adds that I see are pretty useless and I don't see anyone really using sword path still. If you can show me where sword path is a viable one I will concede the point.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They are? From what I see they are just letting us use some sword skills with pole blade. All the sword adds that I see are pretty useless and I don't see anyone really using sword path still. If you can show me where sword path is a viable one I will concede the point.

Useful in delta. Ijs

Though it is definitely true that it is highly situational, and delta isnt ran anywhere near as much as it used to be... they're so evil for removing the coins. D:

The sword ultimate is by far the most useful one; albeit it is still quite situational, and mage bane.. that increased channeling time can also be quite useful... though that is of course assuming you can live long enough to cast it on someone else.... and to be honest it isn't an aoe, which further hampers its viablity in mass pvp scenarios, ergo it is RARELY used. Hell even with an insane increased in channel, it so wont weaken their attack against you, which makes it even harder to justify using, especially when stunning, or aps is quite simply far more effective. Though both of those have been ruined quite a bit thanks to the oped r93r caster proc, though if they didnt have ridiculous phys def the proc wouldnt be anywhere near as useful. Anyways enough of that off topicness... still the sword skills can be useful, they just happen to be highly situational, and there are indeed far better skills to use over the sword skills, even the ultimate, still the damage reduction from MSS is so badass.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • eraldus
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yeah... keep assumpting stuff before it's even implemented... Also, you're comparing the current state of the skills, prior to the upcoming update, which seems to add some really good combos to a BM, and not just the "ZOMG FEEST/EKIZ ONLEY PRO BEEUD" combo.

BTW, I've saw a sword bm (I bet he is a true bm, aka all paths bm)using ToP + Flash and owning lots of people on pvp/pk in a youtube video.
    it's a really interesting vid...
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @ Slivaf: Two things, I should have made myself more clear and stated that the new sword skills adds are not impressive and I can't really see them being used. As for the skills you mentioned, while I agree with you I think you make my point for me in your description of the use of those sword skills. Sword is very situational and not used very often if at all by most BMs.

@ eraldus: I'm not assuming anything, I can read the skill descriptions just fine. As for the skill descriptions I find them to be lacking compared to the other paths. As it stands sword is just as useless after update as it is now. And the video you mentioned, are you going to really point out 1 shotting low level/geared people with flash as a justification of the sword path? Show me where you would use multiple sword skills in a combo. Show me where in mass pk/pvp where sword skills are the best ones to use. I'm sure you can pick out the perfect situation where a sword skill would work but it would get out shined by the other paths almost every other time. Well I guess just like the broken clock you can be right at least twice a day.
  • eraldus
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Descriptions =/= real practice, ijs. Plus how can you tell those people on the video are low geared/badly refined/whatever?

Not that I'm trying to say that the sword path is ubber or anything... just saying that most bms are too afraid to try something different for a while.

But then again, if you refuse to accept what has been just shown to you in a vid, what can I say?
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Descriptions =/= real practice, ijs. Plus how can you tell those people on the video are low geared/badly refined/whatever?

Not that I'm trying to say that the sword path is ubber or anything... just saying that most bms are too afraid to try something different for a while.

But then again, if you refuse to accept what has been just shown to you in a vid, what can I say?

Did you really watch the video? Most of the damage he was doing to what I can tell is T3 geared people from their weapons, and it wasn't great damage. When he did hit big numbers like he did on that 1 sin, we was being hit for 90ish damage. That tells me low gear/refines. There were also instances where multiple people we attacking the same person that he was attacking. Let's keep this on topic and look at the Meteor Rush + Atmos Strike. What would you rather use a 33% stun or 35 chi. Now since most of the new skills give us chi my money is on the 33% chance to stun since that will serve you better than 35 chi. Lets look at Drakes Bash+ Piercing Winds + Mage Bane. 1st it takes away one of the only useful sword skills. 2nd does it really sound good to you to spend 1 spark to increase the channeling of your opponent? I would rather stun, hell I would even take the 600% weapon damage that a pole blade gives you over the sword proc. I try new stuff all the time. I have been a vit bm, I have been a full strength bm, I have been a dex bm, I have a sage bm, I even have a demon bm. If you don't like what I say that's fine, you don't have to. I am commenting from experience and what I am seeing from the fused skills descriptions. All you have done is linked a video, and said how I am closed minded. I would consider what you say more if you backed it up more then just linking a video and saying see sword is good.
  • eraldus
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Did you really watch the video? Most of the damage he was doing to what I can tell is T3 geared people from their weapons, and it wasn't great damage. When he did hit big numbers like he did on that 1 sin, we was being hit for 90ish damage. That tells me low gear/refines. There were also instances where multiple people we attacking the same person that he was attacking. Let's keep this on topic and look at the Meteor Rush + Atmos Strike. What would you rather use a 33% stun or 35 chi. Now since most of the new skills give us chi my money is on the 33% chance to stun since that will serve you better than 35 chi. Lets look at Drakes Bash+ Piercing Winds + Mage Bane. 1st it takes away one of the only useful sword skills. 2nd does it really sound good to you to spend 1 spark to increase the channeling of your opponent? I would rather stun, hell I would even take the 600% weapon damage that a pole blade gives you over the sword proc. I try new stuff all the time. I have been a vit bm, I have been a full strength bm, I have been a dex bm, I have a sage bm, I even have a demon bm. If you don't like what I say that's fine, you don't have to. I am commenting from experience and what I am seeing from the fused skills descriptions. All you have done is linked a video, and said how I am closed minded. I would consider what you say more if you backed it up more then just linking a video and saying see sword is good.

Lol, take it easy dude... For starters, I never said or meant to say you're closed minded, if you were reffering to my last sentence. I just said that most bms nowadays are just a big ctrl-c/ctrl-v of each other. As an all-paths bm, I can tell you that.

There was this time, when I was running a bh 51 run, waaaay back when my bm was around lvl 60 or so, and I had a Illusive Lunar Cutlass on my BM, which was the best weapon I could get at the time, due to me not having enough money. There was also another bm around my lvl on my squad using npc fists and after he saw me holding aggro (for obvious reasons) he said "I don't understand how swords can be stronger than fists".

And I'm not disagreeing with you in any way or another, I'm just saying that you can't just theorize something, before actually trying it first, that's all...

Also, the guy on the vid said he did it with his gears barely refined at the time, just saying.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There was this time, when I was running a bh 51 run, waaaay back when my bm was around lvl 60 or so, and I had a Illusive Lunar Cutlass on my BM, which was the best weapon I could get at the time, due to me not having enough money. There was also another bm around my lvl on my squad using npc fists and after he saw me holding aggro (for obvious reasons) he said "I don't understand how swords can be stronger than fists".

This is what I have been trying to get at. I'm sorry if I came off as aggressive or angry at your posts. I wanted to challenge you to defend your position and be firm in your belief rather then deferring your side of the debate to just a video. I have an unrefined 95 Lunar sword that I have hit on r9rr barbs for 3k with flash, and that's without ToP. I think we can agree to disagree about the sword update, only time will prove one or the other side of the debate.
  • eraldus
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is what I have been trying to get at. I'm sorry if I came off as aggressive or angry at your posts. I wanted to challenge you to defend your position and be firm in your belief rather then deferring your side of the debate to just a video. I have an unrefined 95 Lunar sword that I have hit on r9rr barbs for 3k with flash, and that's without ToP. I think we can agree to disagree about the sword update, only time will prove one or the other side of the debate.

It's ok, I was just trying to say that bms can do more than just using axes and fists. As a lvl 105 bm yourself, you have to agree with me that bms are awesome and versatile as hell and have lots of ways to cripple/kill mobs and players. b:victory

I can't wait to try some combos with all those new skill merges b:dirty

EDIT: After reading a bit of these new skills, I've came up with a few ideas of my own for some combos:

Tiger Maw + Draw Blood: I can already see myself using this skill right before the stun effect wears off from my target. That way, my opponent will take some "good" damage while I'll be hitting him with some other skills.

Spirit Chaser: Oh God... I hope that we can have zerk poles, because the 40% crit rate add for Farstrike is just too damn sexy to pass! Assumpting you have enough Chi and that the timing can be perfect: Roar of Pride-> Spirit Chaser-> Dragonbane (dat critical bonus)-> Apot to remove the damage penalty -> HF -> Switch for pole and farstrike. I'm not sure if it can work with all that, but if the pole zerks crit, that'll be some massive damage right there!

Meteor Rush + Atmos Strike: If you can get 50 CHi with a sworded Atmos Strke, then that can be really good when you need to build up Chi for a quickly Sutra(in case your charm is on cooldown or in the case you're not charmed and you want a quick heal), plus if you're demon, you can get a nice crit rate boost in the process too! (which might add to the combo above, assumpting everything is gonna work the way I'm thinking here).

If all that can work really well, then bms will become even more awesome than now!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It just means you'll have to roll a new r8r polearm for GoF instead of SBH lol

Or make another r9rr+12 weapon b:pleased if they release R9 poles
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i just gotta lol here .. again .. like badly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyukung
    lyukung Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i just gotta lol here .. again .. like badly...

For no apparent reason I see...

Unless you're reffering to the possible uses and combinations I've listed about and somehow you already tried it on PWCN and can tell me it won't work, because if that's not the case, then sorry, but you're laughing at nothing like a fool.
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just think they need to release R9 versions of the other weapons in addition to these updates and the BM will be competitive again :)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Tiger Maw+Draw Blood:

1v1: I like it. Especially in 1v1 fights. It'll provide some tricky strategy to overcoming your opponent with the telekenesis effect. Spammable, quite a decent amount of chi gained from it. Definitely worth it.

Group Fights/NW: Probably just a low priority skill, but judging it's cast time you can probably pull it off if you have the defense or know you can live in that 1 second frame. You know, if you really want that one target down.

TW: I wouldn't touch it.

PvE: Sure.
    This will go well in stun loops, too, a great time filler.
    Drake Sweep+Fan of Flames:

1v1: I can definitely see a sage argument for it. But I can't convince myself to change it to this version, as a demon player. I use Drake Sweep and Fan of Flames a lot for chi gain along with damage. After comparing the 8 second cooldowns with this 3 second one, not sure how to feel about it.

Group Fights/NW: Spammable, can do quite fine with the cooldown. But I'm still leaning with my thoughts in the 1v1 part above.

TW: You could use it. I prefer keeping Drake Sweep over it, to gain the chi if I'm targeting multiple players.

PvE: More Aoe, more damage, more female dogs.
    Actually, I'd argue demon version to be better. As a sage BM, I think the range would be mroe important than the damage because that small amount of damage sounds like a lot, but when factored with PvP Damage reductions such as P.Def and defense levels, It's actually only a couple hundred damage, which is basically nothing in modern PWI. I'll still be upgrading, but if I were demon I wouldn't, Drake Sweep chi chance is awesome.
    Aeolian Blade+Stream Strike

Didn't like stream strike anyway. Lol.

1v1: Definitely good in a 1v1. I suppose you 'could' rely on the higher stun, but don't count on it just yet.

Group Fights/NW: Wouldn't really touch it.

TW: Wouldn't touch it.

PvE: Just touch it.
    Nobody ever used Stream Strike ever. I'm glad it's being sued to upgrade As a sage my stun has a larger gap than demon (Reduced roar cd and increased Bash duration), so I'll be abusing this skill even more, now.
    Farstrike

1v1: Good for both cultivations. Good for damage, or for chi gain. The immobilization is pretty good. Get the leap forward handy. Unless, you're fighting some archer, bm or wiz that knows how to leap. Lol.

Group Fights/NW: GET. THAT. FLAG. CARRIER.

TW: Can be useful for TW, but if they're running from you, don't chase. Clear objectives first.

Spirit Chaser

1v1: Jesus christ, the combo makes me want to get a Zerk Poleblade. **** my Purge Pole. xD As a demon player, I would just use both skills, as they are 20m range to gather up some chi.

Group Fights/NW: Nah

TW: Nah

PvE: Nah
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think it'll finally be worth farming that warsoul pole that I contemplated on doing so long ago.
    Meteor Rush+ Atmos Strike

1v1: More chi? Damn, I'd get it lol.

Group Fights/NW: If you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to decrease someone's evasion if you're demon.

TW: No.

PvE: Sometimes, my HF's misses. I should decrease the bosses' evasion!
    Well, this seems heavily sage biased. Sage gets that extra stun chance (another erason to get that warsoul pole) and at the very least a guaranteed interrupt! I'll be getting this faster that the channeling on cloud sprint.
    Highland Cleave+Fissure

WTB>Demon Highland Cleave.

Good for everything.
    Finally, I don't have to pause from controlling to get a chance at my high drit> Sage highland is amazing and godly when it procs but so unreliable that it's almost never a viable count-on option in mass PvP, so us sage BMs sue fissure anyway for the slow. But now, we still get the slow but also a chance for our crits at the same time. I'll be merging for this and finally not need to pause to get my free crits! Take THAT demon diamond Sutra
    Drake Bash+Piercing Winds+Mage Bane

Not sure how I'll respond to this. I'm probably not going to touch this skill. Lol.
    Small damage boost and seems to have the same effect as Drake Bash when used with axes. I'll get it. No reason not to.
    Blade Tornado

People in Sanct still run through tunnel gates? Dammit, I thought it was just my server being dumb!

On my server, too b:laugh
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My question is...is the tiger maw/draw blood telekinesis effect stackable b:shocked
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My question is...is the tiger maw/draw blood telekinesis effect stackable b:shocked

I don't see why it wouldn't be...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options

You know how one of the bosses in aeu, the worm looking guy that stands on the top. He has a buff, if it is not purged, people die. I assume the tigermaw+drawblood will be similar in nature, we will get a buff icon for it. That would be the "good" way to do it.

If it is stackable b:dirty, forget all the other skills b:dirty
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You know how one of the bosses in aeu, the worm looking guy that stands on the top. He has a buff, if it is not purged, people die. I assume the tigermaw+drawblood will be similar in nature, we will get a buff icon for it. That would be the "good" way to do it.

If it is stackable b:dirty, forget all the other skills b:dirty

Maybe it will be like rip where it stacks but I doubt it, that seems a bit too op to me. I would take it in a heart beat because it would be really op if it stacks, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit: So I read the description again, with a cool down of 3 seconds you couldn't stack it since the effect would happen as soon as cool down comes off. It doesn't seem like a DoT and all the damage is done after 3 seconds, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Edit: So I read the description again, with a cool down of 3 seconds you couldn't stack it since the effect would happen as soon as cool down comes off. It doesn't seem like a DoT and all the damage is done after 3 seconds, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Maybe the devs put in the wrong description b:avoid, and by mistake make it stack.

No one QQ on the forums when it stacks f:shy
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Maybe the devs put in the wrong description b:avoid, and by mistake make it stack.

No one QQ on the forums when it stacks f:shy

Humm this poses an interesting question. What of 2 BMs did this skill on 1 person at the same time? Would 1 just over write the other, or will they stack? I vote for stack, that how the skill should work. I would laugh so hard if it stacked and 5 bms use this skill on a cata barb and 1 shot it, or hell even a flag carrier.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Zarkin, then... you're gonna have that one freaking person, some lowbie sin or whoever that hits that target we hit... and purify.

Alright, **** this no time to be sad over it. b:cry

edited December 2013
    Options
    Zarkin, then... you're gonna have that one freaking person, some lowbie sin or whoever that hits that target we hit... and purify.

Alright, **** this no time to be sad over it. b:cry

OK, then 1 BM use blade hurl and 4 BMs use that skill. Then we can have anyone hit that caster class because no weapon, no proc b:dirty
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OK, then 1 BM use blade hurl and 4 BMs use that skill. Then we can have anyone hit that caster class because no weapon, no proc b:dirty

Sounds good to me. I'll send my axes dequipping style move.

• eraldus
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So I learned this Tiger Leap new skill and I gotta say it's friggin awesome! I've almost one shot a cleric friend of mine. The fun part is that I was at lvl 53 with the crappy pole you get for reawakening and she is lvl 96 O.o