Shadow Jump/Teleport

Katinas - Morai
Katinas - Morai Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
Hi fellow sins,

I've been leveling sin lately and I have noticed that in fc shadow jump and shadow teleport hardly works. I've been asking why is that numerous sins and nobody gave me a definite answer. Most satisfying answer was 'it is buged' but still it doesn't make it any less frustrating when instead of shadow jumping and saving mine and other peoples lives, I end up slowly runing towards my target while everyone recieves aoe damage.

At random times (and yes they are random) when I try to use shadow jump/teleport in chat window it says 'You cannot use this skill'. At first, I thought maybe I don't have to be in combat state, but I disaproved that quickly. Then I had theory that my target must be targeting me or have no target at all in order for it to work, but I have disaproven it as well.

I had answers like 'maybe there is something in the way' I can tell you there is nothing in the way. And 'maybe not enough range' if that was the case sin would walk closer to the target before shadow jumping/teleporting.

So please help me figuring out why the **** shadow jump/teleport is such unreliable skill.
Post edited by Katinas - Morai on

Comments

• Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lots of the instant port skills in the game are buggy.

Try jumping around in hilly areas on the World Map or in Disaster. These two skills can fail, jam you in the ground and once just above DW I managed to get pinged under the map by using jump on a mob.

As for FC there are two bugs that I can think of, the first is never jump to a max height harpy in a low ceiling hallway (often slopping hallways), you can be ported on top of the ceiling of the hallway and often can be out of range of people on the ground and so stuck up there. This can be done in a lot of instances, my favourite is a SS I have of me and my friend standing on the top of the church instance.

The other that I have encountered is the skill failing, I never really played much minded to it but I assumed it was to do with zones in FC. The skill would recognise that you are in range so set the skill on CD but then during the execution of the skill a zone wall made the skill fail. (This is just random musing however. So sorry i cant really help)

It could be that it is just one small variable that is failing the skill. So you may never be able to see from an in game point of view what is making it fail. What I would advise is just use the skill on well known assassin jump points in FC and other than that dont rely at all at other times.

EDIT: Sorry bad ennnngrish, may fix up later (tired now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is definitely something wonky as chopstick with these skills.

I don't remember EVER seeing the "You cannot use this skill" error before, but now I see it fairly regularly when porting between the mobs for Shocktrooper.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I don't remember EVER seeing the "You cannot use this skill" error before, but now I see it fairly regularly when porting between the mobs for Shocktrooper.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I get it a lot as well. Often times you can only tele through 1 direct wall. I advise the move from your current position a little then use the skill again. That normally works.
  • Katinas - Morai
    edited December 2013
    I get it a lot as well. Often times you can only tele through 1 direct wall. I advise the move from your current position a little then use the skill again. That normally works.

Whenever skill fails to work, I double click on mob to run forwards for attack and keep pressing skill shortcut but it still does not work eventhought I am moving and changing my position. Have not tried changing position, fully stopping and then teleporting though.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whenever skill fails to work, I double click on mob to run forwards for attack and keep pressing skill shortcut but it still does not work eventhought I am moving and changing my position. Have not tried changing position, fully stopping and then teleporting though.

It says that its instant cast, but I find thats only true for telestun.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed this as well, though one thing I started paying attention to is that shadow jump has a chi cost and does not go unavailable due to lack of chi like other skills do. This makes you believe you can use the skill when you actually don't have enough chi for it.

I believe there may also be some kind of bug with it as well, but when you get this error look at how much chi you have.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Katinas - Morai
    edited December 2013
    I believe there may also be some kind of bug with it as well, but when you get this error look at how much chi you have.

3sparks
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've noticed similar things in different instances.

In some areas you can click teleport and it'll walk towards the target until you are in range then teleport, but in other instances you just stop where you are and get that "cannot use this skill" and stand there like an idiot. I know the ground in BH79 and Warsong is a little buggy because everyone stands a foot or so above the animated ground and I wonder if its this. Similarly, the invisible walls in Seat now won't let you teleport at mobs that are remotely near the edge, and the same thing in any instance or NW where something or someone is standing with a shoulder in a tree or wall.

But that's not what you're talking about. You're talking about mobs standing in the middle of a hall and you try to tele at them and get the "cannot teleport" message and stop moving. I think it's just a range thing and for some reason half the time you move towards the target and half the time you stop moving.
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have always has this problem in fc. Both on the groups of mobs in the halls and the elements around shocktrooper. I have found that for the elementos there are very specific points I can stand at that seem to always work, and for the hall mobs it usually works if I tab a different mob in the group after it fails. Used to drive me nuts, and I've had other sins tell me they didn't know what I was talking about so it may not happen on all clients. Now I'm used to it, and can work around it, ready to holy path if it comes down to saving someone.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have always has this problem in fc. Both on the groups of mobs in the halls and the elements around shocktrooper. I have found that for the elementos there are very specific points I can stand at that seem to always work, and for the hall mobs it usually works if I tab a different mob in the group after it fails. Used to drive me nuts, and I've had other sins tell me they didn't know what I was talking about so it may not happen on all clients. Now I'm used to it, and can work around it, ready to holy path if it comes down to saving someone.

Alot of times I'd get stuck in those Elementos.
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hmmm thats kinda odd tbh, that message only appear to me when im too close to a target to a point that makes it almost useless *mostly with teleport ofc* and in fc i just spam it all day to go everywhere. f:meh

since you tested it from range ways i really wonder... only instance that doesnt allow it as far as i know its AEU at Aurugon. f:horror f:fume
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i still remember those days when sot use to be extreamly glitched to shadow tp use to get stuck they still couldn't fix it in fc in some places xD b:laugh
  • xekzyr
    xekzyr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i noticed this only happens when i try to port to a mob/person standing in or on an invisible area. for instance in seat the mobs can stand in the areas where we can no longer pass and if you try to port to them the skill wont work, but if you pull them away from these areas it'll work fine