Unfreezing the client against the rules?

2»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwdatabase was the first place i checked

This for example
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30898

There's no indication that there are two different products from the two different recipes.
    there are other ways to find out like google and such, else everyone and their grandma's would need some sort of peeking code just to see things they arent sure of
    500 inf. and 10 emperors letter is hardly something you need to peek into a code to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What?
    Google? Link please.

My question is legitimate. 500 Influence is 1.6k potential charms. It's quite an investment.
    You also have to reach 7k prestige first. Before that, the only way to get an answer to my question is to take somebody's word for it??

I wasn't the one who brought up looking at code; it was an answer to my query. And if it's so taboo, why are there all these people able to do it? Looking at code and trying to edit it are two different things yea?

If there's an easier way to confirm an item has different properties- i'm all ears.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
    edited December 2013
    What?
    Google? Link please.

My question is legitimate. 500 Influence is 1.6k potential charms. It's quite an investment.
    You also have to reach 7k prestige first. Before that, the only way to get an answer to my question is to take somebody's word for it??

I wasn't the one who brought up looking at code; it was an answer to my query. And if it's so taboo, why are there all these people able to do it? Looking at code and trying to edit it are two different things yea?

If there's an easier way to confirm an item has different properties- i'm all ears.
    google link
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19981921#post19981921

took about 30 sec
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, there we go.
    That thread illustrates my dilemma perfectly. Even Astrelle didn't know they were different until someone actually made one.

I guess there is no easy way to determine if same ID items have different properties.

My question is answered.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
    edited December 2013
    "to be the first can be a challenge"

-by me
  • LaughAsUDie - Dreamweaver
    LaughAsUDie - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The frozen screen is annoying, and I'd like mine unfozen ....

I edited the target ...
    C:\<yourPWIfolder>\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1
    and I can open the game just fine, but I cannot access the debugging console

Hitting shift+~ does not work. I am in uk and have a British keyboard (laptop). Does anyone know the key combination to use? b:thanks
  • LaughAsUDie - Dreamweaver
    LaughAsUDie - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can actually 'unfreeze' the client without modifying anything and without any third party **** like cheat engine.

1) Make a shortcut to elementclient.exe
    2) Click properties on it
    3) Edit target to add arguments like this:
    C:\<yourPWIfolder>\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1
    4) Start the game through the shortcut
    5) In the game hit shift+~ to bring up debugging console
    6) type "d_rendernofocus" into the console

Doing it that way doesn't break any rules.

I googled like crazy, failed to find the key combo, but googled again after posting here ....

If anyone else needs this ... on my uk laptop keyboard
    5) In the game hit shift+, to bring up debugging console

No frozen screen b:victory
    Asterelle I love you, this is awesome b:cute
    edited December 2013
    i wonder if its the same for a JP keyboard....
  • Ghrae - Dreamweaver
    Ghrae - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a way to enter debug mode when using Arc? Mostly interested in the d_rendernofocus command.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a way to enter debug mode when using Arc? Mostly interested in the d_rendernofocus command.
    This looks like a NECRO!

Ghrae - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 3 months 27 days 22 hours 34 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014

You need to add the argument to elementclient.exe, then run elementclient.exe to have debug mode available. Because arc isn't the game but merely launches it (using arc seems like a stupid work-around to play the game) to get debug mode you need to use elementclient.exe

PS: Why bump such an old thread and why would you want to use arc ._.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.