Sot Issue

Options
Aithusa - Dreamweaver
Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Support Desk
Ever since the new SOT instance was introduced I am facing a lot of graphics issues in there, to the point that the system freezes over and i need to force restart and am unable to login to that character.

When I initially faced the issue, support told me to make all the settings to minimum and it worked and was able to get my toon out.

Now earlier today, I went on a SoT run with all my settings at a minimum and when I got to the BH boss path, I encountered the same issue. I have raised a ticket to get my toon out, but would like to know what I can do to stop encountering the issue in this instance.

Am running a AMD Phenom IIP690 quad core (1.8 ghz) with windows 7 64-bit and 6 GB RAM. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 6470M (512 MB).

Any idea how I can prevent this from happening?
Post edited by Aithusa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Options
    First. Ensure that your client is completely excluded from all security software.
    Second. Verify the files three times back-to-back.
    Third. Reboot the PC.

If you still have an issue, I will need a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Will try what you suggested.

As for the dxdiag report, might be difficult to obtain as the entire system freezes over before the loading screen completes after the character selection. It like loads about 90% and then freezes over. I have to literally force shutdown by holding the power button.

This issue is only with the SoT dungeon. All others I do not have any issues (Dont know about the hidden dungeon since I havent even gone there yet)
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Looks like the verification of files worked. I was able to login to the toon and get it out.

Thanks a lot Sylen. Perhaps next time I will be able to do the BH/Culti. Will have to test it later on.