Can we please get the snowmen and snow back this year

Options
mycutedimples
mycutedimples Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
i really love these snowmen it a perfect gift you can let us enjoy through the christmas season so please who ever controls the snowmens and snow have a heart give it to us again woohoo love those snowman
Post edited by mycutedimples on

Comments

• Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄ SNOWMEN!!!!! I wanna read all those random things they say again!! ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
  • mycutedimples
    mycutedimples Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    but i dont know if we gonna get them because nobody is answering this thread about them i so sad wanting them so bad and im guesing maybe the gms or whoever turns them on are very busy
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I love snowmen cause it put in the ambiance of holidays and it's nice for veno that want to lvl pets.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I support this 1000% I love snowmen! Last year I got my crafting up to level 5 just from killing snowmen basically.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I support this 1000% I love snowmen! Last year I got my crafting up to level 5 just from killing snowmen basically.

How'd you level that up? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    How'd you level that up? b:question

Well specifically only apothecary but what I did was take the chi stones and make attack/defense charms. I actually still have some in my bank. xD

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well specifically only apothecary but what I did was take the chi stones and make attack/defense charms. I actually still have some in my bank. xD

b:cool very clever indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    AS much as i love snowmen. it lags me D; lol. and yes i know what to do.

I wish i had a new comp that can handle graphics and that betterb:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Snowmen are great but maybe this is a bit risky due to the current state of the servers
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Snowmen are great but maybe this is a bit risky due to the current state of the servers

True b:surrender

I like the snowmen too but I wish they'd make more events and something fun to do besides another tiger-like event or some crappy event with crappy rewards. At least Auspicious and Quick as Wind had nice prizes and were interesting/easy to do.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Dont they ususally bring them in half way through December?
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Snow and snowman will only bring more lag. I don't think the current servers can handle the additional stuff. Do you want more lag?
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Wasn't there an issue with the snowmen last year (might have been year before) where they were kinda evil and were killing people. I remember reading they had to deactivate them as they couldn't fix the code in time to stop them killing toons b:laugh

I'd love to see them back myself but not if they are going to 1 shot me. Mind you everyone else does so why would the snowmen be any different b:chuckle
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I vote for the snowmen. I want to see more events in PWI that are holiday specific other than just sales.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The homicidal snowmen were last year!

But to be honest, I would like to have the entire Christmas event like they had in 2008 or 2009; not just the snowmen (yes, there use to be a lot more to it).
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    wonder whos bots are gonna be farming snowmen this year.But plz can you just make this the major snowmen thread because im gonna get tired of 20000 thread of "where are the snowmen" **** threads.

YES people the snowmen will get here so lets not rag the forums up with dumb snowmen ****.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Snow and snowman will only bring more lag. I don't think the current servers can handle the additional stuff. Do you want more lag?
    Having the snowmen on barely has any impact on the server at all. It only laggs you because your PC specs are under-par. Lower your detail/distance/effects. Technically, that's not lag anyway, it kills your FPS. the "LAG" is entirely on your hardware.
    Wasn't there an issue with the snowmen last year (might have been year before) where they were kinda evil and were killing people. I remember reading they had to deactivate them as they couldn't fix the code in time to stop them killing toons b:laugh

I'd love to see them back myself but not if they are going to 1 shot me. Mind you everyone else does so why would the snowmen be any different b:chuckle
    Dont they ususally bring them in half way through December?
    It was two years ago. Last year they were functioning. Also, you are correct, they usually don't get turned on for another week or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yes! I support this! :D I want to put my Archer into good use b:victory
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    no snowmen, client instability
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Having the snowmen on barely has any impact on the server at all. It only laggs you because your PC specs are under-par. Lower your detail/distance/effects. Technically, that's not lag anyway, it kills your FPS. the "LAG" is entirely on your hardware.

It was two years ago. Last year they were functioning. Also, you are correct, they usually don't get turned on for another week or two.

I beg to differ, if you know even anything about program code, each snowman is a spawn and each spawn takes processing and memory from the server. Its not the PC lag. Snow flaks are spawns too, each object that comes out will consume server resources, they don't just come out on your PC.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I beg to differ, if you know even anything about program code, each snowman is a spawn and each spawn takes processing and memory from the server. Its not the PC lag. Snow flaks are spawns too, each object that comes out will consume server resources, they don't just come out on your PC.
    I know quite a bit about the server code have worked with it first-hand. The only data on the server for the snow is either on, or off.

It tells your client that it's on, or that it's off, and your client does the rest.

The Actual Snowmen will have some minor impact on the data being sent, but it's no different than having 20 more people in Arch at one point than another. NPC/Mob uses a LOT less code than a player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Someone just got Sylenced!b:chuckle
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah I was gonna post about them yesterday, usually by now we would have patch with snow in the main cities. I think PWCN got bit busy with the expansion they forgot to make a patch.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I know quite a bit about the server code have worked with it first-hand. The only data on the server for the snow is either on, or off.

It tells your client that it's on, or that it's off, and your client does the rest.

The Actual Snowmen will have some minor impact on the data being sent, but it's no different than having 20 more people in Arch at one point than another. NPC/Mob uses a LOT less code than a player.

Sorry, thats for the end-user, everything is a switch, on and off, I know GMs can trigger the event as well using creature builder. However, behind the scenes, the server has to generate the creatures. It doesn't just show up on your PC miraculously.

Well, the snow man (not just one) and each of them is another mob adds on top of the players around. The snowman will be spawn whether or not the player is there since it is an open world.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I vote for Snowmen all the way! f:fan
    And also, would be so splendidly brilliant if we got a interesting Event of sorts to go with them. Oh well, hope dies last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sorry, thats for the end-user, everything is a switch, on and off, I know GMs can trigger the event as well using creature builder. However, behind the scenes, the server has to generate the creatures. It doesn't just show up on your PC miraculously.

Well, the snow man (not just one) and each of them is another mob adds on top of the players around. The snowman will be spawn whether or not the player is there since it is an open world.
    I know this for a fact....
    You can spawn 400 creatures inside of a 20-meter area on the map, any map, just pick one, and the impact on the server is less than 3%.

And we're talking about a server that's running all the maps on it, and only has 32GB RAM with two quad-core Opertron processors. I can guarantee you that on PWE's servers, it will have considerably less of an impact. (Primarily because PWE's servers are considerably more powerful, with considerably more memory, and not only are the maps on their own server, but the cash shop even has it's own server.)

The server generating the Creatures is basically saying "put QQ mob at XX/YY/ZZ corrdinates, and follow WW path" But seriously, it isn't loading the full creature code for each instance of the creature. That's already loaded. It's just plopping them somewhere.

I usually end up killing the client around 6-800 mobs with the graphics on full settings. Although, it depends on the mobs too, some have more info than others. Snowmen are relatively simple. If I spawn a few hundred World Bosses, it has a slightly higher impact. Maybe 4% instead of 3%. But we're talking about running this on an out-dated Sun server.

If you want to argue a fact, you might want to know a little bit more about how it actually works before you do so. The limitations aren't on the server. They're on the client, and for the most part, that is on your system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I vote for Snowmen all the way! f:fan
    And also, would be so splendidly brilliant if we got a interesting Event of sorts to go with them. Oh well, hope dies last.

Yeah just have to learn not to expect much anymore from anyone / anything ; no matter what the circumstances... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /fk - Harshlands38
    /fk - Harshlands38 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    no snowmen, client instability

I bet they had so many problems with servers because they were trying to put again the +12 orbs in boutique for 1 day b:laugh. They finally did it, almost killing half servers.

NO TO SNOWMEN!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    snowmen and free chi to be had! \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Please Please Please send in the snowmen! We love them!b:laugh
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]