Event Schedual Calander

Options
Tindie - Harshlands
Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
Forgive me if this has been brought up in the past but i did a search and didnt see any topics come up with it.

I think the new Event Schedual is awsome. i though for one would love to see somthing new added to it or to Faction menu's.

The ability to custom the Calander For Faction Notification so if we want to make a schedual for Dungens Runs or Nation Wars or Territory Wars we can make notifcation that will appear on our calendar to set up such events.
Post edited by Tindie - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Forgive me if this has been brought up in the past but i did a search and didnt see any topics come up with it.

I think the new Event Schedual is awsome. i though for one would love to see a few new things added to it or to Faction menu's.

1. The ability to custom the Calander For Faction Notification so if we want to make a schedual for Dungens Runs or Nation Wars or Territory Wars we can make notifcation that will appear on our calendar to set up such events.

2. a little info on where to actuly go to start the event would be nice. for example today it says the Dragon temple Weekly is going to start at such time but where does it actuly start at?

3. Would be awsome to have a server Time Stamp/active Display some where on the Event page so we can actuly tell what time it is server time and be able to pin point what time ur time we need to be
    on to make an appearence.

1. Sounds... incredibly complex and easy to **** up. I'd honestly say this is the point of faction websites or what we used to use slogans for in part. Interesting concept, though.

2. It already tells you which NPC to talk to and gives a location for the NPC. Look at the "NPC" entry below level and time.

3. It also displays server time already. Just look right above the Check In button. That displays date and server time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Garry - Lothranis
    Garry - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yes event calander gives server time and where to go.
    But I'd like a custom calander too.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ok well i edited it to fix the suggestions i never noticed the server time stamp by the date.
    or the npc locations.

But i think it wouldstill be a huge help for us to be able to schedual things as a faction make it easier to do it from game not all of us are web designers. and to be able to put up like a custom noice onthe calander or even a seprat one for the factionmenu would be a huge/ usfule upgarde i think because slogon spot is way to small for planing out stuff for weeks in advance.

for exampl. what if you reserved play time to help lower levelmembers on tuesday but alo wanted to let
    your mid levels know that you have time to run Frost City on thursday . But saterday you have a wedding event planed but you dont have a website. or the means to make one. wouldnt it be more usful to be abl to log in and set a calander type notice of wich days your doing what so they can plan to be online when said things are taking place? Everyone couldOpen their menu andsay of cool icangethelp with BH today or my FB19 weapon.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No need to be a web designer. Most factions just use places like this to get it done easily. Plus it's a lot more effective than the game for various things (and has its own calenders for use like this XD).

It's an interesting and useful idea you have, certainly. I just worry that it would be complex to code and easy to **** up. And that's without considering the additional UI that would be needed or the many glitches and bugs we already have that really need to be fixed.

.... And on an unrelated tangent, I really wish they'd make a content expansion dedicated ENTIRELY to fixing bugs. FFS we've had so many bugs for long enough. They should fix them by now or something!
    (Insert fancy image here)