Post edited by Hiiroshi - Lost City on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    pvp/pve?
    what's your current attack levels?

Knee jerk reaction is take the dex because it'll probably give you about 2% more dph as well as accuracy (who cares, right?) and 1% crit, while 2-3 attack levels will give you 1.5-2% more dph but some basic info would help make a decision.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    More Crit % can never be sniffed at.

Need more info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    19 dex increases your damage multiplier by 19/150 = 0.13

Your damage multiplier is around 5 unsparked or 10 sparked. so that would make yourdamage increase 2,6% or 1,3% respectively. Base and sparked. On top of that 1% more crit increases your damage by 0.7% or so. So we get a total of 2% sparked and 3,3% unsparked

3 attack levels on top of the roughly 100 you probably got increase your damage by 1.5% both sparked and unsparked.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Let's not forget the fact that G16 hat goes with the G16 set you'll farm for pvp. Oh, and G16 refine bonus. That's nice, too. Especially if you get 2x int daggers; you'd be able to drop 0.05 once you get your tome. One of those can be either interval cape or pants or feet+recast tt99 wrist to G15, and get instant 700 HP bonus.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Let's not forget the fact that G16 hat goes with the G16 set you'll farm for pvp. Oh, and G16 refine bonus. That's nice, too. Especially if you get 2x int daggers; you'd be able to drop 0.05 once you get your tome. One of those can be either interval cape or pants or feet+recast tt99 wrist to G15, and get instant 700 HP bonus.

Did the forum **** up again and put yourpost in the wrong thread ? b:chuckle
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I thought he was asking about the difference between g16 hat and g15 hat because g15 = add atk levels thru set bonus and g16 adds 17-19ish dex on average

but then I see 2-3 atk level so I'm not sure anymore b:surrender
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I thought he was asking about the difference between g16 hat and g15 hat because g15 = add atk levels thru set bonus and g16 adds 17-19ish dex on average

but then I see 2-3 atk level so I'm not sure anymore b:surrender

If he was then the G16 hat still wins because defnsively its unmatched. The g15 set bonus is 5 atk lvs, which is roughly 2.6-3.7% increase for a sin that has 90+ or so atk lvs already. Since r9rr daggers gives me so many atk lvs, then g16 helm is more useful. I only suggest g15 helms to those with g13 or g15 daggers.
  • Hiiroshi - Lost City
    Hiiroshi - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    sorry everyone, wasnt here. i want to know that if atk lv. and dex. has the same result in any gear, or it changes? if yes, what could be the difference of having 2~3 atk. lv/17~19 dex on belt and having 2~3 atk. lv/17~19 dex. on weapon? taking a full dex endgame sin (r9 3rdc +12 JoSD, etc) as a reference

after explaining that (or not), please leave your atk lv. or dex choice. thanks! b:bye
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Of course it does not matter where the dex or attack levels are from.

Your for example 700 dex is not split up in different types of dex from different sources is it ?

Good luck with the credid card.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    sorry everyone, wasnt here. i want to know that if atk lv. and dex. has the same result in any gear, or it changes? if yes, what could be the difference of having 2~3 atk. lv/17~19 dex on belt and having 2~3 atk. lv/17~19 dex. on weapon? taking a full dex endgame sin (r9 3rdc +12 JoSD, etc) as a reference

after explaining that (or not), please leave your atk lv. or dex choice. thanks! b:bye

It's good the have a nice mix of both, but attaks lvs do have dimishing returns when you get a lot of them, dex does not.