Some End Game Advice Plz!

Options
Tindie - Harshlands
Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Venomancer
Ok ima Start by saying im sure this Question has been asked a number of times. but.

Im the need to know type and can reaserch all day but the best advice will always come from those who have already experinced the mechanics.

at the moment im a Pure build Veno ive leveled/build this way because i find it fits my play style & great for farming.

Wich is more realistic for a Caster Build Veno, Demon?!? or Sage!?!

Im 71 at the moment so i have a few levels to decide but ive been trying to read threw posts but i dont see many that arnt one sided or with limited explination on the differences .. what skill boosts do what and how they will make a dramtic boost. ive heard Demon but. none has explained to me why that would be. Im sure there is great advantages either way wich is why im asking.

Reasoning would say that Demon would be more attack and sage would be more defensive.
Post edited by Tindie - Harshlands on

Comments

• cheesecan
    cheesecan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    People love a good SAGE veno

....AMP has 30%damage increase and Purge is AoE 5m..

Check here http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php
    If you CAN'T, Cheese CAN!!!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    And remember, you dont have just a few levels to decide. You dont have to choose at lvl 89. You may well want to play till 100 and get some experience. And your own experience will surely beat what others tell you.

I had another barb first and i chose to be sage based on my pre lvl 89 experience and forum advise. Later i found out that the game is diferent when you are 100+ and experienced. While in the lower levels flesh ream and devour were the skills i'd be casting 90% of the time, they arent that important anymore and sunder-armageddon are my main skills now. With that new way of playing demon all of a sudden seemed much more interesting so i made a new barb. b:pleased

So for venomancers maybe your perception will also change when you level up, gain experience and gear up. And getting reliable info from the forums where everyone thinks they are experts is difficult at best. If anything to learn from other players, i would take a look around in the lvl 100 areas and talk to venomancers that impress you with their performance. I know nothing about venomancers and who knows maybe there is a very strong consensus for venos, (although the majority of barbs are sage as well so even then....) but i do know this is a major decision so take your time and consider carefully :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    but i do know this is a major decision so take your time and consider carefully :)

Yea wich is why i like getting different aspects. honestly i work 2 i dont have time to go out and level up 2 dif characters i just was looking for some insight towords skills from an endgame perspective you can read it all day but when push comes to shove until you do it yourself you wont really know. ive spent along time working on Tindie playing off and on as i can and i donthave $100of dollars to throw into a game to rework. so getting it right the first time is going to be very importent. i can compare the wiki but to honest im not asking for somone to make a choice for me just toss some logical insight trowrds the different 2 paths.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Honestly... it's an incredibly well-balanced decision at the moment that really depends more on playstyle.

I have both a sage and demon veno and depending on the circumstances, I play the two in entirely different ways to cater to what the cultis present them. At the same time, though, they're both able to easily get the main job venos have (debuffing and support) done with ease.

The new expansion may tip things in the favor of one cultivation over the other, but right now I find both to be very enjoyable and just as viable as the other in pretty much all scenarios.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    sage is the de facto option for most people

chi and fox form defense

demon is for those of you that like to play teemo.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    demon is for those of you that like to play teemo.

I like to play Teemo, but I still prefer sage. What does that make me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Some sage skills are awesome, as well as demon.

I like sage since it has a reliable instantly chi gain skill (such as master Li's technique), 3 chi burst (deal more damage), sage soul degen, sage wood mastery (even though it is only +5%), etc.

While, what I like from the demon is its venomous scarab (boost out output damage) reliably), fox form (fast moving character ever), parasitic nova b:dirty

Both paths are good. However, you can only pick one of them. Now, You have to make a hard decision due to those things. b:laugh
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I only went sage due to my Venomancer is a HA G16 built veno.
    I needed to extra defences in fox. It really depends what you like in the skills.

I find my AA veno is Demon alot better but thats just me.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My veno is demon, but she's a lil HA beast. I know demon HA veno is odd, but i've enjoyed it so far, so do wht you like b:victory ,as OP mentioned both sage and demon r quite balanced, so look at skills u use most frequently and see which culti will benefit your playing style more b:pleased
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My ex like 3 yrs ago told me Casters go demon/ sage go foxform and so i went Demon lol. Not the greatest advice haha. I love being demon even though i get told go to sage to this day. I was like hell no lol. But i have another veno that i got to lvl 4 that will go sage to try it out LOL.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Honestly, if you make a quick search you'll find...a lot of threads about the cultivation paths so you can read them and form an opinion.

The general consensus is that both are rather balanced. Whilst each path has different things to offer, for the most part they can fulfill the basic role of a venomancer very well; that is to debuff and generally play support in a variety of ways.

Overall, Sage has the better fox form debuffs while Demon has the better human form debuffs. Sage also tends to be more defensive while Demon tends to be more offensive. This does not mean Sage can't go into offence or that Demon can't play defensively but it's kinda like that.

Demon has options for more spike damage with various human form debuffs and +crit from masteries and caters more to the AA build, usually pure magic.

Sage has better chi management and ability to generate chi easily. It comes with steady damage but the defensive options can usually last long enough so you can bring down the enemy. Sage makes a great option for AA builds but it's often a popular choice for HA builds. Also, LA builds but those are less common.

In the end, the best thing to you is to go on ecatomb.net and read up on the skills and see which ones you like. The suggestion someone else posted about asking venomancers in-game is also good. Poke a few that have impressed you and see what they have to say. The two paths rely heavily on playstyle.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    thank you all for your input/advice.

with the new rebirth system and already being an AA pure build type.
    i was thinking of useing some points to either raise VIt some or dex some and use light armor until i can r9. is there G16 light armor venos can wear?
    seeing as i already will have alot into damage output from high magic, i was thinking this might be some what more of a benefit maybe make me less squishy.

im not sure what dex would be needed for g16 light armor. but with rebirth maybe going off into a hybird could be more usful these days. with all the extra melee classes
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm sage I love it. I love having chi all the time and to be able to use chi skills whenever I want. If you plan on pvp both are great. I would say sage comes out a little ahead as far as pve is concerned.

Also I really wouldn't recommended going light armor. Vit/mag I think would be a better option. I'm currently pure magic right now but I have played both light armor and vit/mag. I had higher mdef, pdef, matk and hp being vit/mag then I did being light armor. Also as my gear kept getting better I would put vit into magic so I would have hp that I was comfortable with and my matk would increase. Restatting vit out would be a lot cheaper then making a light armor set and arcane armor set should you decide to switch in the future.
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I was LA til about level 40, at which point my guild sent me restat items and told me I'd be happier as AA. I was suddenly squishy which wasn't much fun, so I started pouring points into vit til I felt better. I came out some form of Vit-Arcane, with some vestigal Dex. Due to my fondness for durability (again) and consistency, I went sage. People like it when you generally have a spark on hand to pass them b:pleased. I just found I liked more of the sage skills than the demon ones, and I already had this picture of my character in my mind and demon wasn't part of it. Looking back, they both have their merits. My best advice to you is to compare the skills (ecatomb is great for that)... then go back a few levels later and compare again, until you get to at least 89, and hopefully you'll be confident in your decision.

I'm sage and loving it!b:victory

Also, as conclusion to the LA sidenote, I compared LA builds with AA builds on PWCalc and I kept coming to the conclusion that I was better off sticking with the Arcane Armor. PWCalc does have its limitations but there didn't seem to be any question in my mind.

Definitely check out pwcalc.com and ecatomb.net if you'd like some good resources.

And most of all... don't forget to have fun!b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I would also just got for the Vit AA build. LA doesn't have really big benefits anymore mostly because their defences are bad and it's hard to choose what to focus on. People that want a lot of defence and HP will usually go for HA builds instead and try to get magic ornaments. AA builds try to focus on physical ornaments.

Some people put in some str/dex to wear LA helms but if you're going G16 you'll need the full set of AA for the bonuses unless you decide to go with 5 pieces and disregard the attack levels but I wouldn't choose the G16 cape (as 5th piece for Def lvls) because it's pretty bad when it comes to defence (I only use it offensively, I have Wings of Cloudcharger for other stuff) which defeats the purpose of using a LA helm for more HP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I would also just got for the Vit AA build. LA doesn't have really big benefits anymore mostly because their defences are bad and it's hard to choose what to focus on. People that want a lot of defence and HP will usually go for HA builds instead and try to get magic ornaments. AA builds try to focus on physical ornaments.

Some people put in some str/dex to wear LA helms but if you're going G16 you'll need the full set of AA for the bonuses unless you decide to go with 5 pieces and disregard the attack levels but I wouldn't choose the G16 cape (as 5th piece for Def lvls) because it's pretty bad when it comes to defence (I only use it offensively, I have Wings of Cloudcharger for other stuff) which defeats the purpose of using a LA helm for more HP.

Thank's Desdi you are Veno Guru .

http://pwcalc.com/2853a5af4583e7

"If this build is possable"
    i think this is what my ultimate goal with will be.. at least for now. unless the calc is wrong and somthing i have isn't in game... still reading on how to aquire some of it. but this is what i'm shooting for after having taken every one's advice.. and my own play style into consideration. "note" i added in RB stats for max possable "current level"

if there is anything that isn't possable on here because it dosn't exist in PWI or if we cant have more then one of those rings. or if the calc isn't right (cause we all know the calc has its issue's)

Agin ty everyone for all your helpful info.