Refer-a-Friend Page going offline soon

Options
defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Hello Perfect World Citizens,

The Refer-a-Friend page will be leaving us very soon! Sadly, this page is not part of the new changes coming to us in December.

Will it be returning?
I cannot say, other than it is a strong consideration at this moment. I would not expect it back up before the end of this year however.

You can expect the page to be gone in the first half of December. If you have any prizes you want, now is the time to redeem them! Maybe you'll get that gaming laptop? Perhaps a GM bodyguard? (b:shocked).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nice!!! Thanks DoD...

Hey, find out from the bosses if I can win 5 hypers?

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Perhaps a GM bodyguard? (b:shocked).

I want one of those b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would prefer a Female GM as my spouse/lover. f:heartb:kissb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did anyone actually try going for 2k referrals?
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >Create 2000 alts
    >FC them all to lvl 25 before cut off date
    >?????
    >Profit

Too bad I'm too lazy for that. b:surrender
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • wiktor99rr
    wiktor99rr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    who has the higest amount of referrals?
  • wiktor99rr
    wiktor99rr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World Citizens,

The Refer-a-Friend page will be leaving us very soon! Sadly, this page is not part of the new changes coming to us in December.

Will it be returning?
    I cannot say, other than it is a strong consideration at this moment. I would not expect it back up before the end of this year however.

You can expect the page to be gone in the first half of December. If you have any prizes you want, now is the time to redeem them! Maybe you'll get that gaming laptop? Perhaps a GM bodyguard? (b:shocked).

what does a GM bodyguard even mean?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did anyone ever even use that b:question
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sadly, this page is not part of the new changes coming to us in December.

What exactly are the changes, will info be posted soon since December is right around the corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wouldn`t suggest PWI to my enemies not to mention my friends, face it you blew it, even before even a sane person would not resort to advertising this POS, there are far better games out there w/o pay to win BS and what`s most importantly - companies that actually listen to their player-base, keep up the "good" work PWI you won`t see a new player for a long time if you don`t pull your act together and even then, the genocide you so successfully pulled off will not be forgiven!
  • Thewhites - Sanctuary
    Thewhites - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hmmm, can I get a sexy male GM as my bodyguard lol o3o f:hehe
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the genocide you so successfully pulled off will not be forgiven!
    Genocide is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, caste, religious, or national group".
    I can't help but think you exaggerated that a teeny tiny bit b:chuckle
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    *ghost descends to the reply to thread box*

This game has the ability to be another WoWzer of a game. The structure is there for it to have stood the test of time. Unfortunately for the players, someone decided to use that to build a Dynasty of Games.

IF someone had turned it back to a subscription base game after their initial win-fall purchases of games (and, I dont know how you managed to do it - but of all those games you dont have a single one that interests me when it comes to boredom with PW...o.0), you could have been building more players and more servers worldwide and a better name for yourselves and your games.

I understand completely that the folks who manage this game are only human. Its rather obvious with the short-term thinking winning out over any long-haul thoughts, usually. Couple that with the natural human emotions of unleashed greed and lack of ability to acknowledge a footfall in thinking, things change amazingly slowly (i.e. two full years after new players disappeared from starter cities, people become willing to see that that is indeed a fact - but want the instant and negative fix of nerfing FC & Hypers as a remedy - Level 45s, 55s, 65s, 75s & 85s are supposed to go fill up starter cities over that move for some reason that is just totally escaping me, and especially since almost all of them are somebodies alt...o.0.)

In the end, its not too late to overhaul it, and turn it back to something that will bring in sustainable volume sales through subscriptions and cosmetic sales. I dont think anyone but a completely 'its all about me and my wallet' moron would quit over that. Its that good of a game.

It merely takes a short peek at what the real life World economy is like to realize the company is on a 'train-wreck' track. Most retailers have had everything they sell on sale in some way all year long, and are taking drastic cuts now in prices/profits to try to eek their way across the line into the black.

PWI is doing that too in a way. Its just not a very realistic or sustainable path to future profits for most. The 'cheap' areas of retail are the only ones that benefit at that - Family Dollar, K-mart, Walmart, Costco - over the long haul, and they benefit through volume bulk sales. I just dont see how the selective gift of Ocean Orbs to a few players, then short savings sale of +11 & +12 orbs is going to accomplish that same goal.

Who ever your marketing genius is, its time they evolve. Mature. Start making stratagies that WILL effectively sustain a profit over the long haul - for the rest of your lives even, if you dont waste more time hemming and hawing over how to squeak out just one more 'cash-grab' from what die-hard players you have left with the cash to do it.

You dont build a dynasty of success by perpetrating a long line of 'junked' games/companies.

From the perspective of someone that loved this game when it still had new players coming on it, this is all very sad, and a complete waste of both potential profits and a damn-good game.

*ghost takes a sip of water after all that wasted talk...and drifts off* b:bye
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why not put a HUGE sticky of the LARGE mass of things you plan on taking away from us here in the next couple months since the list of helpful things that seem to be being removed just keep growing and growing. This is getting to be pretty crazy, all these things PWE seems to be removing and not really going to be giving us **** in return except to make us use the crappy Arc system and a new expansion that is probably gonna ruin the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    hehehe i don't mind this page is offline. i never refer this game to my friends because all they will say are you should stop playing its better to use your time to read, writing and works. lol
  • devil0is0here
    devil0is0here Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I wouldn`t suggest PWI to my enemies not to mention my friends

^This

PS: I don't blame GMs, who lately I am finding are pretty much helpless too.
  • FistBabe - Sanctuary
    FistBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    wiktor99rr wrote: »
    what does a GM bodyguard even mean?

It means you are on your own all the time b:laugh
  • ayv#7882
    ayv#7882 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i want admin pwi pm me to help me in my Broplem about pwi at site and in gameb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    *ghost descends to the reply to thread box*

This game has the ability to be another WoWzer of a game. The structure is there for it to have stood the test of time. Unfortunately for the players, someone decided to use that to build a Dynasty of Games.

IF someone had turned it back to a subscription base game after their initial win-fall purchases of games (and, I dont know how you managed to do it - but of all those games you don't have a single one that interests me when it comes to boredom with PW...o.0), you could have been building more players and more servers worldwide and a better name for yourselves and your games.

I understand completely that the folks who manage this game are only human. Its rather obvious with the short-term thinking winning out over any long-haul thoughts, usually. Couple that with the natural human emotions of unleashed greed and lack of ability to acknowledge a footfall in thinking, things change amazingly slowly (i.e. two full years after new players disappeared from starter cities, people become willing to see that that is indeed a fact - but want the instant and negative fix of nerfing FC & Hypers as a remedy - Level 45s, 55s, 65s, 75s & 85s are supposed to go fill up starter cities over that move for some reason that is just totally escaping me, and especially since almost all of them are somebodies alt...o.0.)

In the end, its not too late to overhaul it, and turn it back to something that will bring in sustainable volume sales through subscriptions and cosmetic sales. I dont think anyone but a completely 'its all about me and my wallet' moron would quit over that. Its that good of a game.

It merely takes a short peek at what the real life World economy is like to realize the company is on a 'train-wreck' track. Most retailers have had everything they sell on sale in some way all year long, and are taking drastic cuts now in prices/profits to try to eek their way across the line into the black.

PWI is doing that too in a way. Its just not a very realistic or sustainable path to future profits for most. The 'cheap' areas of retail are the only ones that benefit at that - Family Dollar, K-mart, Walmart, Costco - over the long haul, and they benefit through volume bulk sales. I just dont see how the selective gift of Ocean Orbs to a few players, then short savings sale of +11 & +12 orbs is going to accomplish that same goal.

Who ever your marketing genius is, its time they evolve. Mature. Start making stratagies that WILL effectively sustain a profit over the long haul - for the rest of your lives even, if you dont waste more time hemming and hawing over how to squeak out just one more 'cash-grab' from what die-hard players you have left with the cash to do it.

You dont build a dynasty of success by perpetrating a long line of 'junked' games/companies.

From the perspective of someone that loved this game when it still had new players coming on it, this is all very sad, and a complete waste of both potential profits and a damn-good game.

*ghost takes a sip of water after all that wasted talk...and drifts off* b:bye

Yeah I started to notice the change in 'other developers' how "other developers" have a twitch channel, a youtube channel and listen to their community. Where as, this company, sorry, this chinese corporation just seems to be cutting the external systems for people. It will be just like "Cubizone" before the downfall. I left Cubizone in 2009 after the goals were impossible and my Rank 6 gear got superseded and I felt that the gear, I earned wasn't worth the time I put in. As a player this made be feel cheated by the company I had come to respect.

Luckily, I've come and gone (but sometimes I check back to see if this company evolves) from PWI to see if it has made improvements. I guess power creep really is killing your game after you've gutted your customers of 100 or 200 per month (Rank 9 armor, random packs, whichever & whatever). So long and thanks for all the fish. Some of your developers are good like Zombie Studios, possibly the Neverwinter Nights Online and the Star Trek Online game have some potential. But I won't hold my breath. b:laugh

I thought adding two new classes with the Seeker and the Mystic, you might as well make the Venomancer and the Barbarian useless at any rate. I thought Perfect World might finally get things right with two new classes. But you only realized that the 5 Attacks-per-second strategy was just killing the game to late. As for removing the gold coins from Celestial Valley. Oh well I can't repair my armor as a tank cause I get beat up. I can't help my friends. "Oh but hang on we'll put repair packs in the cash shop." that is called nickeling-and-diming. Don't get me wrong. I think XP Boosts, Cosmetic Mounts and Cosmetic items and inventory slots are a fantastic idea. But these days we aren't stuck in 2006, right? We've got this wonderful thing called -- OPTIONS and there are just a lot out at the moment and more coming out all the time.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Referring friends to PWI is the most efficient way to loose your friends.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)