The greed and (lack of) intelligence ..

Options
fieptoutje
fieptoutje Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Chronicles
For quite a while a lot of the players have seen how the staff of PWI who makes the actual decisions deal with problems that arise with things like glitches etc.
If they get solved, it takes usually too long, bugs will not even be fixed like all the broken quests which are to numerous to name.
Now on top of that there is a new cat that comes out of the bag: the greed of PWI.
Let me just put my thoughts here, I don't even look for any reaction, I just want to vent this.

Players that have been around for longer probably all can remember the glitches like in FC etc. Players did get bans but temp bans.

Then there are the quests .... I can remember when i started playing there were a few quests broken but it still weren't that many. Now with everything that gets in game like the last update, Noticeboard, titles etc, there is not just a minor rise in broken quests, in some things almost EVERYTHING is broken ... still players keep playing ... as am/was I.

After that the biggest issue was there: the redeem code.
Archosaur server got messed up, got a code ..... Perfect solution!
But then all went down the drain when suddenly a message appeared on Facebook so all could get the code. Hell broke loose. This could still be solved if the ones with the power to react would really have taken action. None was ... players were left in the cold.

But on top of all that is wrong lately, PWI found another way to get on the players nerves (at least mine and I know there will be more).

already before the maintenance was there I posted in another thread:
Wouldn't even surprise me if after next maintenance 10* orbs will be on sale for a fraction of the price so all can still "get" them for way less then normal. But thinking of that I also can see it happen that in the coming expansion when refines go up the prices go down anyway. That way it's a win-win situation for PWI either way.

Now look what happened. I opened boutique today and eureka! there they are. But not even for the normal sale price but for 10 gold each more! So I went through the rest of boutique and saw the new packs. I really had to read it 2-3 times before i could believe it.
Last week I saw the Traveling Couple pack already for the extreme price of 70 gold 40 silver/100 but they found a way to top that: Glorious Mirth for the marvellous offer of only 88 gold/100!

I only wonder, do they really expect people to play on like this and think we are stupid?
Or is just a sign of the greed PWI has nowadays and they lack intelligence?
Because in my honest opinion the playerbase is still the group who pays for their salary and the way they are doing things now I can only say that as long as they won't fix wrongs and start asking normal prices again, I won't spend any money anymore (yes I was a cash player for a long time but that's gone now).

Too bad to see a great game being destroyed in such a way just by as I see it mismanagement ... but I'm probably wrong b:surrender
Post edited by fieptoutje on

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GTFO forums re.tard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hey u little cser, why dont u do a post from ur main and not from an alt? so scared to be banned? oh poor dear

and i agree with you, pws getting greedy and ruined my entery life after giving x 30 10*orbs for free. i QUITTED.
  • fuzzykin
    fuzzykin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and ruined my entery life after giving x 30 10*orbs for free. i QUITTED.

I'm sorry, but that quote just made my day b:laugh
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    fuzzykin wrote: »
    and ruined my entery life after giving x 30 10*orbs for free. i QUITTED.

I'm sorry, but that quote just made my day b:laugh

ur silliness made me laugh, ty for making my day b:bye
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GTFO forums re.tard.

Lol? The OP brings up valid points, and you decide to call him names? What are you, five years old? You can't even bring up a reasonable comment.
    hey u little cser, why dont u do a post from ur main and not from an alt? so scared to be banned? oh poor dear

and i agree with you, pws getting greedy and ruined my entery life after giving x 30 10*orbs for free. i QUITTED.

Use the search function. The reason why people post on stone-faced accounts (alts), is very easy to find. Congrats on getting items that some don't get at all. Feel proud of yourself for being fast enough to redeem and glitch a code! :D
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

If that is your entery [sic] life and you QUITTED [sic] you really need to leave the sandbox once in a while. There is more out there besides a computer. This includes...females. Some are quite lovely and I am sure would love to meet someone as eloquent as you happen to be.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GTFO forums re.tard.

Can anyone explain to me why he's angry? Just seems so random lmao

Is this orb incident so terrible that it's just tearing you up inside?
    b:chuckle
    If that is your entery [sic] life and you QUITTED [sic] you really need to leave the sandbox once in a while. There is more out there besides a computer. This includes...females. Some are quite lovely and I am sure would love to meet someone as eloquent as you happen to be.

OMG LOL

But if this person doesn't like females?
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OMG LOL

But if this person doesn't like females?

Then find a guy, an apple pie, a vacuum cleaner, pool float, whole baked chicken, a sock and olive oil...who cares, just get outta the house
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • teraflare2010
    teraflare2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i kind of agree with fiep the game has gone to hell since i started 5 years ago burnout and stricteen ,yall need to **** and ge ta real life ,if you wanna take a mortgage out or 2nd mortgage out to cashshop pwi then be my guest only proves how fail you both are .both in life and game the Gms or ppl who run pwi has gotten greedy and i now see why some of us old players are leaving for games like -other games 1 and 2- and even other games not owned by PWI .im one of them .i enjoy -other game- a hell of a lot more because the ppl who run teh game and make it actually pay attention to it so keep teh hacks ,bots ,and te hcashshopping coz some of us find better games to play with what time we can
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    fieptoutje wrote: »
    For quite a while a lot of the players have seen how the staff of PWI who makes the actual decisions deal with problems that arise with things like glitches etc.
    If they get solved, it takes usually too long, bugs will not even be fixed like all the broken quests which are to numerous to name.
    Now on top of that there is a new cat that comes out of the bag: the greed of PWI.
    Let me just put my thoughts here, I don't even look for any reaction, I just want to vent this.

Players that have been around for longer probably all can remember the glitches like in FC etc. Players did get bans but temp bans.

The QQ was strong in that period. Remember, the FC glitch was China's bad. PWE had to wait for them to fix it.

Then there are the quests .... I can remember when i started playing there were a few quests broken but it still weren't that many. Now with everything that gets in game like the last update, Noticeboard, titles etc, there is not just a minor rise in broken quests, in some things almost EVERYTHING is broken ... still players keep playing ... as am/was I.

Again, this is China. If China does not acknowledge it as something worth fixing, it gets put at the bottom of the list and stays there. While other things stack ontop.

After that the biggest issue was there: the redeem code.
    Archosaur server got messed up, got a code ..... Perfect solution!
    But then all went down the drain when suddenly a message appeared on Facebook so all could get the code. Hell broke loose. This could still be solved if the ones with the power to react would really have taken action. None was ... players were left in the cold.

Everyone got a code cause players were QQing as usual that Arch people were redeeming it on other servers (something they thought shouldn't be allowed)or were selling it to players.

But on top of all that is wrong lately, PWI found another way to get on the players nerves (at least mine and I know there will be more).

already before the maintenance was there I posted in another thread:
    Wouldn't even surprise me if after next maintenance 10* orbs will be on sale for a fraction of the price so all can still "get" them for way less then normal. But thinking of that I also can see it happen that in the coming expansion when refines go up the prices go down anyway. That way it's a win-win situation for PWI either way.

Now look what happened. I opened boutique today and eureka! there they are. But not even for the normal sale price but for 10 gold each more! So I went through the rest of boutique and saw the new packs. I really had to read it 2-3 times before i could believe it.
    Last week I saw the Traveling Couple pack already for the extreme price of 70 gold 40 silver/100 but they found a way to top that: Glorious Mirth for the marvellous offer of only 88 gold/100!

That would be the PWE Marketing division, who is probably clueless to this whole debacle. That orb sale was always going to happen, might I add. It'll be lowered for Cyber Monday, just watch.

I only wonder, do they really expect people to play on like this and think we are stupid?
    Or is just a sign of the greed PWI has nowadays and they lack intelligence?
    Because in my honest opinion the playerbase is still the group who pays for their salary and the way they are doing things now I can only say that as long as they won't fix wrongs and start asking normal prices again, I won't spend any money anymore (yes I was a cash player for a long time but that's gone now).

So many players like to say that PWE lacks intelligence, but I'd like to see you or anyone else do better. Even those who run -teddy bears- run into issues and god knows they just tell their players to **** because they're a -teddy bears- and they can. Again, prices are set by Marketing, not the GMs. We don't even have exclusive GMs anymore. But, if you knew about the prices of things around Black Friday/Cyber Monday you'd know why the orbs are a ridiculous price right now........it's all in the old fashioned business illusions.

Too bad to see a great game being destroyed in such a way just by as I see it mismanagement ... but I'm probably wrong b:surrender

I highly doubt they care. This is one of their oldest games. Why still care for this when they get more money out of Neverwinter.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1645671

Please keep discussion to the main thread. -and the crowd goes mild-

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.