Ascension System

Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I have a few questions about the system

1) So basically by ascending the toons goes from whatever level it was back to level 1 but with better stats? Is this based off level or the way stats are distributed at time of ascention?

2) How many times can a character ascend? For example: Is it better to wait till 105 or better to ascend from lv 60 a few times to get same improvement?

3) One of the most important questions for me at least is do we keep our sage and demon skills!?? I actually have all skills finally and some took over a year for me to find some of them so would be ridiculous if I could not keep them...

4) Do quests reset? If not how do we level the toon that is now back at level 1?

5) Does our character's cultivation level remain the same as before the ascension?

This is all for now may add more questions later.
Post edited by Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013

1) So basically by ascending the toons goes from whatever level it was back to level 1 but with better stats? Is this based off level or the way stats are distributed at time of ascention?

From what I understand, you keep some of the stats you had at ascension, based on what your level was.

2) How many times can a character ascend? For example: Is it better to wait till 105 or better to ascend from lv 60 a few times to get same improvement?

I'm not sure if there is a limit. In China's version, you can not ascend unless you are Celestial Sage/Demon, so I would bet that you can't ascend from level 60.

3) One of the most important questions for me at least is do we keep our sage and demon skills!?? I actually have all skills finally and some took over a year for me to find some of them so would be ridiculous if I could not keep them...

No idea. Hope there's someone that comes in here and can answer this one. I would imagine you would, but of course providing we keep our Culti level.

4) Do quests reset? If not how do we level the toon that is now back at level 1?

Quests are based on level range, so I'm assuming they would be available again. Well, the ones you never did probably would. Non repeatable ones, I'm not sure. Again, can someone who knows clarify?

5) Does our character's cultivation level remain the same as before the ascension?

I'm hoping it does.

I'm not an expert but I tried.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea, but i would asume the game gets a huge overhaul rendering some of those questions maybe even irrelevant.

It would be rather lame to let players reincarnate with extra stats and allowing them to use part of their high level equipment and then reset the quests expecting you are going to do the same quests again with your overpowered level 1 toon. I would expect new content that fits the power of these newly incarnated toons. Then again, i imagine they want us to play with the new players... So i dont know, hopefully they found a creative solution to address both issues.

I also do kind of assume we will keep our demon/sage skills for too many players would be pissed of if it wasnt the case and probably never reincarnate.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You get a certain amount of points depending on your historic level that can be allocated.

2 times is the current known limit (though there's "space" for up to 10). You can only get at most 72 (75?) bonus points, but if you reincarnate at 105, you'll automatically get the maximum without needing additional reincarnations to acquire the remaining bonus attribute points

Yes, you keep those.

Quests (aside from cultivation) reset

Yes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea, but i would asume the game gets a huge overhaul rendering some of those questions maybe even irrelevant.

It would be rather lame to let players reincarnate with extra stats and allowing them to use part of their high level equipment and then reset the quests expecting you are going to do the same quests again with your overpowered level 1 toon. I would expect new content that fits the power of these newly incarnated toons. Then again, i imagine they want us to play with the new players... So i dont know, hopefully they found a creative solution to address both issues.

I also do kind of assume we will keep our demon/sage skills for too many players would be pissed of if it wasnt the case and probably never reincarnate.

Actually now that you mention it I think I remember something about a new map/starting area for Reincarnated players..... I'll see if I can dig.
  • r0xmin3
    r0xmin3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if we ascend at lvl 105 , at lvl 1 we will have +76 atribution points right? we can us our alt lvl skills right? but we can us r9 gear? and what is with the new gear(i so in youtibe haw they look), is batter then r999 or what?
    And when we ascend all our atribution points will reset and we start with 76 points then we get 5 points per lvl?
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    r0xmin3 wrote: »
    if we ascend at lvl 105 , at lvl 1 we will have +76 atribution points right? we can us our alt lvl skills right? but we can us r9 gear? and what is with the new gear(i so in youtibe haw they look), is batter then r999 or what?
    And when we ascend all our atribution points will reset and we start with 76 points then we get 5 points per lvl?

We are not sure of any of that, as we do not have the expansion here yet. I doubt they would let you keep your R9 gear on, What's the point in ascending if you're just going to be OP from level 1? They may give you near gear in a new quest line.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I read somewhere that you would not be limmited by gears level requirement. This would allow you to wear your ornaments as they have no stat requirements, but before you could wear your armor and weapons, you would have to gain enough stat points first.

Of course that is just what i read in another post which like everything that is said about this topic is all speculation. Some of the speculation is based on whats happening in china.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013

>New Gear
    Most likely low-end stuff for reincarnated players to wear, similar to Dreamchaser gear.

>Wearing top-end gear like R9 after reincarnation
    Only parts that have no level requirements. R8r gear and certain ornaments should still be able to be worn, for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • r0xmin3
    edited November 2013
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013

So that proves you can still wear use your gear as long as you have the stats for them.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013

NICE !!

Hopefully we can use preper +mana shards in some low level gear so that i can keep using my demon sunder-arma at level 1 b:pleased
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >New Gear
    Most likely low-end stuff for reincarnated players to wear, similar to Dreamchaser gear.

Only parts that have no level requirements. R8r gear and certain ornaments should still be able to be worn, for example.

Rull R8r lvl 1. b:laugh
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >New Gear

You mean, it's a reward for a glorified return to (fake) newbiism? Wow. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so let me see if i understand:

105 -> reincarnation -> lvl 1 with 5 5 5 5 and 72 extra points

lvl 100 1st reincarnation 5 5 5 5 + 72 points + 99x5points (5 every lvl?)
    lvl 105 reincarnated: 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 104x5?

---> 2d reincarnation lvl 1 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 104x5?

lvl 105 2d reincarnation would result in: 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 104x5x2?

So at the end of 2d reincarnation basic stats should be : 5 5 5 5 + 1112 extra points in total?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >New Gear

I'm pretty sure there was a screenshot up in bubbles' thread showing someone using a warsoul bow with a level < 80...
    edit: ah there it is Though I wonder how at level 8 someone would have 52 str and 287 dex stats...

Also, belts, necks and rings have level requirements, but bubbles posted a screenshot of using higher level ornies at lower level
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    trufflles wrote: »
    so let me see if i understand:

---> 2d reincarnation lvl 1 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 104x5?

lvl 105 2d reincarnation would result in: 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 104x5x2?

So at the end of 2d reincarnation basic stats should be : 5 5 5 5 + 1112 extra points in total?

Does not make sense to me.

I wouls expect:

---> 2d reincarnation lvl 1 5 5 5 5 + 72 + 72?

lvl 105 2d reincarnation would result in: 5 5 5 5 + 144 + 104x5?
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I wouls expect:

This is correct.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    According to the information posted in the expansion thread, you only get stat points once and that's a max of 76 (or 72?) in total.
    Ascending a second time doesn't give you more points.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And someone posted as a requirement to be celestial sage. I doubt that, seeing this video, where the person only has the fist stage fairy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    According to the information posted in the expansion thread, you only get stat points once and that's a max of 76 (or 72?) in total.
    Ascending a second time doesn't give you more points.

that is why i've put the 72 (w/e 76) only once.

I wouls expect:....

so the math is good 5 5 5 5+72+104x2 meaning 5 5 5 5+1112 total base points?? u gain 5 points/reincarnated lvl? doesn't matter if it's 1st one or 2d one? and the limit is still 105?

basically going to 105 105 1d reinc. 105 2dreinc grants u a bonus of 40 points compared to 105 100 1st reinc 100 2dreinc?

and besides the card 160% benefit the 2d reinc grants u also 5points/lvl gained in 2d R?

Edit: sorry for the questions....i presume it's too early to think about that...i'll just wait till we get the update and till i actually reach 100 in 1st reinc....then i'll see :D
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >New Gear

Question - I am level 89 and the gear I am wearing I four socketed and put in decent shards. (I've been leveling old school with a few FF's here and there).

Do you recommend I hold onto it - for when I reincarnate and get back up to the level I can wear it again? Or just go ahead and sell it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    If you're not in a rush to get to 100 after you ascend, saving the gear is not a bad idea. It depends on how long you're going to stay around in that level range.

We do, however, get a set of armor and a weapon (at least based on what information has been leaked) that's as strong as TT60-ish.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you're not in a rush to get to 100 after you ascend, saving the gear is not a bad idea. It depends on how long you're going to stay around in that level range.

We do, however, get a set of armor and a weapon (at least based on what information has been leaked) that's as strong as TT60-ish.

I think then I ask myself what is my goal at the present time > to level. Remaking these items would not cost a lot, they are not earth shattering and did not cost much to add sockets to them or flawless shards.

So... I think I'm going to sell and use the profit to help me now.

But thank you - nice response. Gives me a lot to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I wouls expect:

No

After you reincarnate you go back to level 1 and start with 20 stats points (5 x 4) and get a extra points according to your previous level (76 for 105, I don't know about the others).

As far as I know, someone who was originally level 105 won't gain any more extra points after reincarnating. Lowers level will gain some, but in the end all they can gain from many reincarnations is 76 extra points.

The max amount of reincarnations seems to be 2, but there is space for 10.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    No

After you reincarnate you go back to level 1 and start with 20 stats points (5 x 4) and get a extra points according to your previous level (76 for 105, I don't know about the others).

How is that not what i am saying ?

The issue is the second reincarnation. The guy who posted the original numbers suggested that you would get 104x5x2. or in other words 208x5. This does not make sence. It would mean that you keep ALL your stat points when going to level 1 for the second reincarnation.

So i changed his suggestion to where you get 72 stat points bonus after reincarnating and get another 72 when you reincarnate a second time.

Someone else after that stated that you do not get any stat point bonus with the second reincarnation. But what is the second reincarnation good for then ?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Someone else after that stated that you do not get any stat point bonus with the second reincarnation. But what is the second reincarnation good for then ?

That's what I wonder too though I'm somewhat happy the cap is supposedly +76 stat points max or so assuming the source is correct.

Someone else in that same thread mentioned getting a higher % bonus from the card system (the more you ascend the more % you get) but then they also said something about having to "level" or "ascend" the cards themselves and that's where I got lost xD

It might just be a requirement for leveling cards or getting certain skills kinda like how you need to be Demon/Sage to learn Demon/Sage skills but then you needed to complete the whole Demon/Sage cultivation to learn your lvl100 skills. <- just an assumption though, nothing of that sort was mentioned.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone found out what happens to/with a Venos pets?

What happens if a lvl 101 Veno ascend? what happens to her evolved lvl 100 herc? and other pets, evolved or not. Do they gain stats and restarts at lvl 1 to?
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • r0xmin3
    edited November 2013
    pwi posted this in the web site

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1045481
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone found out what happens to/with a Venos pets?

What happens if a lvl 101 Veno ascend? what happens to her evolved lvl 100 herc? and other pets, evolved or not. Do they gain stats and restarts at lvl 1 to?

The only thing specific I've seen is that a reincarnated venomancer will be able to summon pets not more than (venomancer's level + 35 + (5 * # of reincarnations)). This implies to me that leveled up pets aren't affected, but won't be able to be summoned until an appropriate level is attained (level 60 for a level 100 hercules owned by a veno on her first reincarnation.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga