How to use my full potential as a Mystic ?

HolyMyst - Harshlands
HolyMyst - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Mystic
I believe this goes for anyone that what to know more or do better as a mystic. After doing nothing but reading threads on this forum for a whole week now, I see a lot of people say we can solo heal and solo a lot of stuff and I want to know is how? . How do I heal just a good as a cleric, if just placing vital herb down isn't enough or I need to be doing something else together with it. How to solo certain Bhs and to do and not what to do in certain quest or situations not im not doing that a mystic should do or should be aware, I feel my class has this great potential of doing all this even before I started reading but im just not able to bring it out, I only have a small idea on these and im not sure if its the most effective way to do it. I want to be a good mystic and show other what we can really do and we not just a second rate cleric or veno. I love my mystic but I feel I not representing on what a true mystic is and I believe few are and its the same on all server but I WANT to learn and maybe in the process show others what I learn as well, I know I haven't been playing long to be sounding a bit preachy, but when a class that you like have a bad rep (in most cases) and you yourself only have an idea about your class you cant help but this way.
Post edited by HolyMyst - Harshlands on

Comments

• ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Healing as a Mystic is a little deceptive. Other classes can't really tell what we're doing some of the time.
    f:shh
    It's magic!

The good base plant to throw down in a fight is Healing Herb, however it does tend to die pretty fast from AoEs. In a large pull, sometimes you'd be better off casting Listless Blossom instead. This keeps casting an AoE sleep effect on all the mobs. While it doesn't seem too helpful reading the skill, Listless keeps casting sleep over and over. Not actually worrying about the duration, this plant works great as a constant interrupt against mobs. Sometimes letting Listless work as crowd control is far more useful than waiting for Healing Herb to actually heal.

At the start of a big pull, the moment you stop running, Vital Herb is a good one to use if you have the chi to spare. At lv 100+ I prefer Gaia's Blessing as it uses the same amount of chi. Casting both of them is over kill. Gaia's Blessing works like an AoE heal based on YOUR location. If you move, the spell moves with you. If you see someone is fighting out of range, you just move closer to them and then it heals them on the next tick.

Comforting Mist... this is pretty much the same thing as a clerics Chromatic Healing Beam. Slow and useless. It's a backup heal for backup healers. If you're in a sq of 10 people and don't know who's going to get aggro... sure throw it out there. It'll heal someone... eventually. Rapid Growth can speed it up a little bit but it is still your slowest skill and should not be relied upon.

And that leaves us with our single point heals.
    Break in the Clouds is the fastest heal in the game. If you really need to, combine with rapid growth for a rapid spam of non-stop healing on a difficult boss. Most of the time I find rapid growth isn't really needed as the speed alone makes this pure heal win. Speed alone makes a Mystic single target heal better than a Cleric single target heal any time. Sage Mystics get a nice bonus with an add on purify % chance.

Falling Petals... the only spell that makes me wish I were a demon Mystic. You can always preemptive heal someone or everyone with Falling Petals before a pull. You'll never need to worry about early heal aggro if you prep with this spell. The party will run in and after 9 seconds it will start healing. A great skill to make up for the lack of heal over time spell (Ironheart Blessing) we seem to be lacking. If you are demon, this will last a whole 5 minutes before expiring. Normally it will last 1 minute. If the player takes no damage before then it will just go away. For solo healing, when Falling Petals buff goes away, feel free to recast it as often as you are able. The moment you think "what else could I do to help?" that's exactly when you should be verifying Falling Petals is still around.

Bonus fact about Falling Petals: If a player is shielded by salvation's twin flower buffs then Falling Petals does not activate. It will only trigger the 9 second timer from a hit that occurs after the twin flower buff goes away.

And finally Salvation. This. This is what makes Mystic healing different from Cleric healing. Salvation doesn't directly heal, she reduces damage. A lot of damage. This saves not only HP, but also will reduce the repair bill at the end of the day, making for some very happy HA users. Even with another cleric in sq. if I'm responsible for backup heals, I will happily keep salvation buffs on for the repair reduction alone. Salvation skills are so powerful it can turn just about any class into a good tank, even yourself.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    so your saying only when I reach lvl 100 ill be able to solo heal ? or can mystic solo heal well even without the level 100 skills ?
  • Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary54
    Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary54 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes you can solo heal you don't have to be 100 with 100 skills. From hands on experience, at your lvl you can solo heal fcc, bh89 and below and "some" tt squad bosses.
  • mrcharlythree
    mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My mystic is only lvl91.

I've recently been solo healer in BH79 (multiple times), FC, Eden and BH69.

Sure, you can be the solo healer.

You keep falling petals on every squad member, all the time. Spam Break in the Clouds on the tank. Put vital herb next to the squishy ranged damage dealers so when they get hit by aoe or pull aggro they have a bit of healing.

FP and Salvation's shield on the puller *before* they start the pull.

Ress buff everyone.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    interesting, ok so how about the big fc room where a seeker would vortex, how would you solo heal him ? I tried it with vital herb alone but he died almost instant luckily it was a friend of mine but they had to bring their cleric cause the seeker had most lvl 80 gears, do I do the same with the combination of FP and Bitc ? or would using does constantly make me pull aggro more than the seeker that is vortexing ? .
  • mrcharlythree
    edited November 2013
    Falling petals, salvation shield and BitC.

I have sage BitC so heal quite a bit more than normal BitC.

Normally a barb or BM will do the pull while a seeker sets up vortex.

Cast FP and shield on the puller and stay next to the seeker. When the puller gets near, cast FP on the seeker and shield on the puller.

Heal the puller until the seeker has aggro, then keep BitC, fp and shield on them.
  • ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    interesting, ok so how about the big fc room where a seeker would vortex, how would you solo heal him ? I tried it with vital herb alone but he died almost instant ...

You cannot rely on Vital Herb alone. The herb is mostly there for backup AoE heals. When you are solo healing, you will have to give up DD for long periods of time. You're going to be spamming Break in the Clouds a lot on the primary tank in the sq.

Always remember your pet commands are on an independent channeling system then your own commands. While you are casting a heal you can still command salvation to generate a new shield. On the initial pull, if the boss has a high hit, use the second spell Salvation has. It will drain her MP very fast because her MP is absorbing all that damage. As soon as salvation is empty, just summon a new salvation to start out with 50% MP again. Much faster than using Transference in the middle of a fight.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    so that how to solo heal effectively thanks for the relies I know others would appreciate these as well. And another thing I was wondering I keep hearing that mystic are good at caster but im ashamed to say I don't know what that is and does a mystic need invigorate for it or is it just something extra to have so people are more willing to add you to the squad for it ?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Caster is a version of the Palace of Nirvana instance. Nobody does it any longer because Nation Wars made raps and cannies super cheap.

Mystics have the highest damage per second of any caster class and invigorate helps everyone's damage. That makes them desirable in any instance where a sin can't faceroll bosses.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the main things about mystic in caster is it's multipurpose...Can be healer one second and mega DD the next or both b:laugh

Also the salv buff b:dirty

TBH...I don't like trying to soloheal in any instance, makes me nervous b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    interesting, ok so how about the big fc room where a seeker would vortex, how would you solo heal him ? I tried it with vital herb alone but he died almost instant luckily it was a friend of mine but they had to bring their cleric cause the seeker had most lvl 80 gears, do I do the same with the combination of FP and Bitc ? or would using does constantly make me pull aggro more than the seeker that is vortexing ? .

If you are referring to when he does the big pull in the big room (or half the room, then the other half), all you need to do it run up to him (if he has worked with a Mystic before, he will probably run right up to you) and place BOTH your Vital and Healing Herbs down.

This action acts as a 'fake BB', in that those who stay close by will generally take enough heals to stay alive throughout this attempt to clear the room. Its good on bosses too, as the plants usually keep the same status in FC even if the entire squad is a frog, or frozen for a spell.

It doesnt prevent any damage, like a cleric's BB does, but it practically accomplishes the same ultimate goal of helping keep the squad from wiping. It also frees the Mystic up to heal and DD as needed. If you throw a non-healing plant down, Healing Herb will disappear and the 'fake BB' effect is no longer present.

You can easily solo heal anything for your level other than BH69, and even in BH69 as long as no one needs Pole (and you might include Nob, depending on if you feel he can wipe you too fast) you can still solo heal.

*ghost moves along* Have fun with it. It used to be a great char to play! b:bye
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so that how to solo heal effectively thanks for the relies I know others would appreciate these as well. And another thing I was wondering I keep hearing that mystic are good at caster but im ashamed to say I don't know what that is and does a mystic need invigorate for it or is it just something extra to have so people are more willing to add you to the squad for it ?

Did you ever saw people ask in world chat ''Need mystic for FC (need to have invigorate)''?

I never saw people ask a mystic with invigorate and I never saw a mystic got kick out of the squad if he didn't have it.

But it's awesome to have even if it's just for yourself, 20% more damage on skill it's really good.

It's personally the first skill I got from Morai, I want for invigorate (Corona), then Mass resurrection/Verdant blessing (Luminance) and last Mystical eye (Shroud).

Usually a lot of mystics start with Luminance cause they want Mass resurrection, but for me single resurrect was fine and I didn't mind to wait 2 months to get mass resurrection to get invigorate first.

For FC room, use Sally before the pull to put a shield on the puller, use falling petals, you can use the healing plants if you want, but once vortex is set up use break in the cloud (and falling petals if it's off).

^ If the puller die with that then it's not your fault, he's probably too squishy and there's nothing you can do for people that get 1-2 shots.

When you play the role of main healer in a squad, keep in mind that sometime healing is not the only option to keep a squad alive, Gale force can be great to save people cause when the mobs are silent they run and stop attack people which give you time to heal people that need it.

But if people in your squad are not squishy don't GF cause it might **** them off.

Don't abuse of Comforting mist, it's too slow, use mainly Break in the cloud and falling petals and the plants if you want.

Usually the best instance to learn to solo heal is BH69, so if you need BH69 don't skip it, try to get a squad and do it.

The rest will come with the experience in game.

Also later on you can get Gaia's blessing, which is a powerful AOE heal. (It's my favorite one =P)

Also as solo healer you need to learn the heal aggro, which mean if a barb run into 10 mobs and you heal before he roar than the mobs will run to you, so basically you need to wait that the person that run in mobs AOE them to be safe to heal, if the person doesn't seems to do AOE (there's always stupid people that run into groups of mobs and cry for heal without taking aggro on mobs) than trow a plant, the plant will get the aggro til she die which will give time to the rest of the squad to come help or w/e.

So in resume your main heals to use are break in the cloud and falling petals. (and sally for the shield)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013

And finally Salvation. This. This is what makes Mystic healing different from Cleric healing. Salvation doesn't directly heal, she reduces damage. A lot of damage. This saves not only HP, but also will reduce the repair bill at the end of the day, making for some very happy HA users. Even with another cleric in sq. if I'm responsible for backup heals, I will happily keep salvation buffs on for the repair reduction alone. Salvation skills are so powerful it can turn just about any class into a good tank, even yourself.

Most of what you said is true except for a couple of points.

1) an ironheart stack is still the best heal in pve due to its heal-over-time nature that lasts for 15 seconds

2) shields do not, unfortunately, reduce repair bills. Repair bill is never determined by HOW MUCH damage the target takes, only HOW MANY TIMES they get hit. For example, in delta, a cleric by the auras gets hit for '1' dmg repeatedly from the auras/buffs. That cleric may never get hit the entire delta run by a single mob, yet he/she may have a sizeable repair bill afterwards, due to the many '1' dmgs that damaged the gear. Also, while not spammable, clerics do have wings of protection, which does place a 'shell' of sorts on the target, so mystics aren't entirely unique in this aspect. All of this being said, your point about salvation being great for keeping people alive is still very true. Just be prepared to take a huge hit to your mana (I'd even go as far as to say that, if you want to really tank well with salvation, you should equip a mana charm, just like every good cleric in pvp does).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    There is another thing im wondering also, how getting those lvl 100 skills actually work ?, can you only get one from each area?, what if you have the book for that skill, do you still need to pay the coin and spirit to learn it ? and also what you all mean by instance ? (still a noob here )
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes you must pay xp and spirit to learn the skills once you have the books. I think it's 3m coins for 100 skills. Each Morai order has one of the mystic 100 skills available, or you can make one of your choice with 20 chrono pages.

An instance is any "dungeon" in the game, basically anything other than the world map. Morai is an instance, and Endless Universe is an instance within that instance.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the 100 skills I'm not sure which ones you mean so I'll explain all.

Those are the lvl 100 skills you can get by the orders once you have 3.5k prestige:

Verdant Blessing (Luminance)

Mass Resurrection (Luminance)

Mystical Eye (Shroud)

Invigorate (Corona)

Those are the lvl 100 skills you can get by the orders once you have 7k prestige:
    (note that for those you need to have complete the full cultivation to be able to learn them)

Swinging Cloud Dance (Luminance)

Weeping Breeze Dance (Shroud)

Lucky Break (Corona)

The next ones are the skills that come from AEU (Advanced Endless Universe):
    (note that those can be trade and bought from other players)

Sublime Transfusion

Gaia's Blessing

So that's pretty much all for skills lvl 100.

What I suggest you it's to get the lvl 100 skills from orders that requisite 3.5k (in the order you prefer) than once you got them all get the lvl 100 skills that requisite full cultivation.

And for the skills lvl 100 that requisite full cultivation I suggest you the following order: Lucky Break first, Weeping Breeze Dance second and Swinging Cloud Dance last.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Ok, but what about transfusion ? where do you get that since you need that first before learning sublime transfusion ( I bought the skill book for that), I also heard some things about swinging cloud dance how good of a healing spell is it ? heard one thing proc for it before another making it a weird heal and also how come there are only 2 skill you can get from books, don't other class have more than 2 they can learn from books ?, and also which skill should be gotten first in the first list of skills you mention ?
    edited December 2013
    Ok, but what about transfusion ? where do you get that since you need that first before learning sublime transfusion ( I bought the skill book for that), I also heard some things about swinging cloud dance how good of a healing spell is it ? heard one thing proc for it before another making it a weird heal and also how come there are only 2 skill you can get from books, don't other class have more than 2 they can learn from books ?, and also which skill should be gotten first in the first list of skills you mention ?

I didn't mentioned Transfusion since you asked for skills lvl 100 and Transfusion (first version) is a skill lvl 80, you can get it in Luminance and you can get it the first day you join. (after doing the dailies of the order)

Swinging Cloud Dance is ****, I never did used it and mystics that did got it first did regret it. So it's better to get Lucky break first and Sweeping Breeze Dance.

In the new expansion Swinging and Sweeping apparently get mix together to form a new skill, but you need to have both skills lvl 100 first to get that new skill.

For the orders Morai skills I personally want for:

#1Invigorate (Corona)

#2Mass Resurrection/Verdant Blessing (Luminance)

#3Mystical Eye (Shroud)

But a lot of mystics start with Luminance first for Mass resurrection (of course they get Verdant Blessing by the same occasion), than they go to Corona for Invigorate and last one Mystical Eye from Shroud.

It really depend which one you want first and once you have them all you can go back in the other orders to get the cultivation lvl 100 skills.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Wow thanks this helps a lot, im also curious about the lvl 79 skills like clear thoughts and natures barrier, are there skills books for them or you get them like transfusion and in what situation would you use them, I know you can use energy leech to nullify the affect of natures barrier, but is there anytime would you really need to use it since it only last for 8 seconds or is it just if you need to tank a sins or bm that gets up close and you do a energy leech + nature's barrier combo when they try to stun you ? and also do you still play your mystic misscherie ? not sure if ive seen you around in harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Wow thanks this helps a lot, im also curious about the lvl 79 skills like clear thoughts and natures barrier, are there skills books for them or you get them like transfusion and in what situation would you use them, I know you can use energy leech to nullify the affect of natures barrier, but is there anytime would you really need to use it since it only last for 8 seconds or is it just if you need to tank a sins or bm that gets up close and you do a energy leech + nature's barrier combo when they try to stun you ? and also do you still play your mystic misscherie ? not sure if ive seen you around in harshlands

Haha yes I still play mystic, my char is always online, I'm often AFK, but yes I still play I work on lvling 105 atm.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    I realize that you need to react fast and have good time when been a mystic, and I guess its the same with any class, how do you all practice to improve your reaction speed as a mystic or is it something that comes to you over time ?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I realize that you need to react fast and have good time when been a mystic, and I guess its the same with any class, how do you all practice to improve your reaction speed as a mystic or is it something that comes to you over time ?

I would say to just play...
    Try to solo dungeons that are known to be hard regarding your gear/stuff
    Try to play with different kind of squads in different situations
    Regarding PVP try to 1v1 every class (if possible against players with better gears than yours)
    Go to NW and if you can go in TW as well

The more you play (and experiment different situations), the faster you react...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    ok got a lot of info on using skills and advice really appreciate it, and I know all the gears in the world wont do you any good if you cant use your class well, and since majority of the skill stuff have been answer, what about the gears now which gears and weapons are worth going after for a mystic and how you all farm money and stuff for them other than doing jones, I have also heard that the r7 mystic pants are better than the r8 one, is that really true ?
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ok got a lot of info on using skills and advice really appreciate it, and I know all the gears in the world wont do you any good if you cant use your class well, and since majority of the skill stuff have been answer, what about the gears now which gears and weapons are worth going after for a mystic and how you all farm money and stuff for them other than doing jones, I have also heard that the r7 mystic pants are better than the r8 one, is that really true ?

R7 pants are nicer cause they have extra p.def. However, if you want to use them as endgame (as in well-refined and sharded) I'd rather go for the R8 ones, since they can be reforged and refine better.

Here's r7, and here's r8.

None of them is the "cheap endgame best choice", though. Aim for the G16 set if you don't want to get R9 but still want some decent gears which may be tradeable (if you go lunar path) or at least stashable (TT path), unlike any of the rank stuff.
    edited December 2013

As said yes R7 pants are better, but majority of people that did used them was cause they was R8 which was the best back in time, now there's no point to go R8 unless you plan to go R9 or get a R8r weapon for def. lvl.

If you plan full G16 nirvana than don't waste money on rank stuff.

For the money it depend, right now my main money income is NW, cause I'm too busy lvling to farm money.

But there's planty of way to do money.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited December 2013
    As said yes R7 pants are better, but majority of people that did used them was cause they was R8 which was the best back in time, now there's no point to go R8 unless you plan to go R9 or get a R8r weapon for def. lvl.

If you plan full G16 nirvana than don't waste money on rank stuff.

This !

You can't call R7 or even R8 end-game stuff anymore. I don't even know if this is worth to get R8 stuff just to let you some time farming for G16. It could probably even be better to use Morai stuff which is not bad for PVE and for which you don't need to buy rep.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • mrcharlythree
    edited December 2013
    any chance someone could list the morai gear?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited December 2013
    any chance someone could list the morai gear?

You just have to check PWdatabase, for example this link :

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33500

(You can click on "complect" to see whole set)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • mrcharlythree
    edited December 2013
    How does 'warding level' work?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited December 2013
    If I remember correctly I think that :
    Warding level = defense level (only against mobs)
    Slaying level = attack level (only against mobs)

This is why this set is quite good for PVE stuff but not really useful in PVP.
    But according to me it could be a good (and quite cheap) equipment to farm money/badges or be pretty interesting for any people/alts that never pvp.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~