Relic vs. Dyna videos?

Options
Walpurga - Dreamweaver
Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Tideswell (East)
Get them on b:laugh pl0x
Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
Post edited by Walpurga - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GF Dyna. Grats Relic. <3

Will be posting mine when its done.

Trimmed 2.5hrs to 1hr, if that's too long to watch then watch Aeliah's as when he cuts out the bits where he died it'll be left with 10mins b:laugh j/k hope he posts it too!
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GF Dyna. Grats Relic. <3

Will be posting mine when its done.

Trimmed 2.5hrs to 1hr, if that's too long to watch then watch Aeliah's as when he cuts out the bits where he died it'll be left with 10mins b:laugh j/k hope he posts it too!

Nah i didn't embarrass myself that much. Its just that... it won't be easy to watch unless I speed it up a lot. I played the whole tw with under 10 fps, so its very j-i-itt-er-rrry at times (highest of 15fps and lows of 3-4 fps).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Get them on b:laugh pl0x

And whats so funny Mr. Purga? what u want to see since u r not either in Relic or Dyna?
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Aeliah when u win have around 70 fps
    when u lose under 10
    b:chuckle
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Aeliah when u win have around 70 fps
    when u lose under 10
    b:chuckle

Its not a coincidence though. In winning wars, we suppress the enemy better, which means there tends to be fewer players clumped in one spot. Or put another way, the victor tends to kill off their enemies faster, which results in less lag for the people who did the killing, by reducing the number of people around them.

However, the losing side tends to spend more time clumped together, generally speaking. They spend more time grouped in base. Then when the end of the tw arrives, you have a 160 player cluster**** which is enough to make even a really kickass computer lag. My laptop is good, but not *that* good.

Lag isn't the reason we lost, a solid strategy + gear advantage by Relic was why. Lag merely accentuates gear differences, because its harder to play skillfully in laggy conditions (this goes for BOTH winning and losing side).

That should be true for most people. I will say however that I have something else bizarre going on.

My laptop has an on/off problem with what I call 'the lag glitch'. Sometimes I'll be cruising along at 25-30 fps in TW, then suddenly my screen flickers. Then I'm at 5-8 fps. It seems to be correlated with laptop getting hotter, but it isn't as easy to figure out as that... sometimes it occurs when laptop is very cool, sometimes it doesn't occur when laptop is very hot, and even more confusing is that sometimes it randomly goes away and comes back after several minutes. As in, 25 fps smooth as butter, lag glitch 5fps, 5 minutes later back to 25 fps smooth as butter. No inbetween, its either awesome or its horrible. Restarting client or computer often fixes it, at least temporarily. I tend to cool my laptop off for a while before important pvp events, but this only seems to delay, not prevent, the occurrence of a lag glitch.

If you have any clever ideas about what might be causing this, I would LOVE to hear them.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One thing that could help is updating your drivers at least for the Graphics driver. Older drivers might have an issue of crashing frequently. Another thing you could try is just cleaning up your registry files and junk files either yourself or with a program like CCleaner, that mainly helps for overall speeding up the PC, not video card problems.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Win or lose, i always have 3 fps on TW... pro! f:cool
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One thing that could help is updating your drivers at least for the Graphics driver. Older drivers might have an issue of crashing frequently. Another thing you could try is just cleaning up your registry files and junk files either yourself or with a program like CCleaner, that mainly helps for overall speeding up the PC, not video card problems.

I could try updating my graphic drivers... again... ccleaner I run regularly, and I defrag computer, and my hard drive is half empty/half full depending on whether you are pessimist or optimist. Yeah... its a puzzler for sure.

Ah also joking aside, on a really good day fps in TW is around 25, and on a bad but slightly manageable, about 5-10. Under 5 its difficult to do anything I find. In open world map (lag glitch can strike anywhere at any time) I have, say, 40-50 fps normal and 10-15 fps with lag glitch. Don't be deceived though---a lag-glitched 15 fps feels way way worse than a non-lag glitch 20 fps, more than a simple 5fps would have you believe. Its really hard to explain it unless you've experienced it happen. It just... comes and goes. Super irritating when it happens in the middle of important fights, but what can I do? I'll definitely try the drivers again ... yeah lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    but what can I do?

Buy the best gaming gig in the world, get the best possible internet connection, move to eastern PWE headquarters and ensure your power current is perfectly stable (this can seriously affect your gameplay somehow. We renewed all the electric wires at home + I got a new voltage stabilizer and it somehow helped a lot. Maybe it has more to do with the stabilizer than the wires, though. No hardware changes at all. I play on a desktop though).

I know, it's weird.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    but what can I do?

Try the Tech Support Forums. Alternatively this is your next best bet when it happens.

Lag isn't the reason we lost, a solid strategy + gear advantage by Relic was why

I think gear wise we are about equal, perhaps slightly tipped in Relic's favour. Squad cohesion, tactics, strategy, morale, experience, should have been all attributes in your favour as accumulated through a long time being the top faction on DW.

Some people may be quick to assume this signals the end of Dyna, but I disagree and hope this isn't the case, everyone takes a beating now and then, the true test of a champion is his ability to stand up and fight back; rally the troops and hope we meet again next week for some more fun. Was an epic fight regardless of the outcome.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Try the Tech Support Forums. Alternatively this is your next best bet when it happens.

I think gear wise we are about equal, perhaps slightly tipped in Relic's favour. Squad cohesion, tactics, strategy, morale, experience, should have been all attributes in your favour as accumulated through a long time being the top faction on DW.

Some people may be quick to assume this signals the end of Dyna, but I disagree and hope this isn't the case, everyone takes a beating now and then, the true test of a champion is his ability to stand up and fight back; rally the troops and hope we meet again next week for some more fun. Was an epic fight regardless of the outcome.

Upon reviewing my tw video, which fear not will eventually be uploaded (though my internet connection is nowhere near as fast as TruWarz... he has a freakin T1 !), I feel that, despite a (pretty obvious) gear gap, the reason we lost was more due to strategical reasons. Relic has a very different makeup than Tempest did, and needs to be fought quite differently. If we change our strategy, I'm optimist about future success.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

edited November 2013
    Options
    Finally done uploading.

TW Video - Relic vs Dyna 23/11/13

Enjoy.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited December 2013
    Options
    WTB last night's TW video. b:thanks
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I tried rendering last week's tw video a dozen times and it kept hanging up a few % into the render (it would freeze at a certain % and the program would essentially crash until I force closed it with task manager). I couldn't figure out what was going wrong, and because of that, I had to delete it (as well as last week's NW videos) to make room for this weekends video footage---each raw video takes up to 200gb of space, and even my 1TB hard drive fills up fast. Especially given how laggy last weekends TW footage was, I wasn't too sorry to see it go, but I still wish I could have made the video.

I'm not 100% sure, but it could be related to the NVIDIA graphic driver update I did recently, because before, I'd never had problems rendering videos, no matter how long. In fact for my personal records I have multiple hour long videos of interesting NWs and the like. How would I rollback my drivers I wonder?

An internet search to figure out what is going on said 'render with cpu only, not graphics card'. So right now I'm trying that for this weekend's TW footage with cpu only (last night using graphics card to render, it said it'd take 6 hours, but then I woke up and it was frozen at 25% >.>). I'll find out in a few hours if rendering with cpu only helps. Interestingly enough, given how beefy my cpu is, rendering with cpu only might be faster anyways... only 4 hours instead of 6.

Crossed fingers X
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Oh so that's how your suppose to give someone alacrity b:laugh
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have a few 2TB HDD as I'm quite sentimental over videos and only delete raw footage when the final video is uploaded.

Using sony vegas pro 12 if you render as mainconcept avc its a mp4 file with the option to use CUDA which uses your graphics card to massively speed up render time. Using wmv container you always have to render using CPU only which is slower unless you had a nabby graphics card.

As I always like to see the fight from a different angle and win/lose Relic/Dyna we all play this game for the fun, I will still be uploading the video of this weeks 3hr *draw* hehe I'm sure what happened to you is legit lol but deleting raw footage is just criminal!

Subscribe, like, dislike and comment even if it's trolling me, it's all good as long my viewers enjoyed the video it was worth the massive time and effort to upload.

Cheers.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have a few 2TB HDD as I'm quite sentimental over videos and only delete raw footage when the final video is uploaded.

Using sony vegas pro 12 if you render as mainconcept avc its a mp4 file with the option to use CUDA which uses your graphics card to massively speed up render time. Using wmv container you always have to render using CPU only which is slower unless you had a nabby graphics card.

As I always like to see the fight from a different angle and win/lose Relic/Dyna we all play this game for the fun, I will still be uploading the video of this weeks 3hr *draw* hehe I'm sure what happened to you is legit lol but deleting raw footage is just criminal!

Subscribe, like, dislike and comment even if it's trolling me, it's all good as long my viewers enjoyed the video it was worth the massive time and effort to upload.

Cheers.

Your crystal's hp was lower than ours, though, so not only we got the big-*** Victory thingy on our screen, we also got closer to winning under the 3h.

But I figured why we won. Mera and Rafty couldn't come. They probably switch the balance of the fight to your side, those nabs. b:chuckle
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    no new video?? :P
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Your crystal's hp was lower than ours, though, so not only we got the big-*** Victory thingy on our screen, we also got closer to winning under the 3h.

But I figured why we won. Mera and Rafty couldn't come. They probably switch the balance of the fight to your side, those nabs. b:chuckle

It got lower, because we was told not to defend in the end, as time was running out. and might as well try, rather than defend when we're atatcking. 3 hour tw is always draw in my opinion., but each to their own. I don't really care, I just want a long tw to kill stuff, as that's the only fun there really is on pwi xD.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It got lower, because we was told not to defend in the end, as time was running out. and might as well try, rather than defend when we're atatcking. 3 hour tw is always draw in my opinion., but each to their own. I don't really care, I just want a long tw to kill stuff, as that's the only fun there really is on pwi xD.

+1 b:dirty <3 TW as it's the only fun in this game.
    b:surrender I don't see the point in drama around TW though since it kind of ruins the fun. Some take it too serious. :c
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hias, wheres this week video? link it pretty please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options

Same, Heartie. 3h tw is awesome. b:pleased
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Here goes the TW from November 30th, 2013

Dynasty vs. Relic 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ijs DSHolder if you're gonna say "here's TW video X and Y" and it's someone else's then at least mention that it's theirs?

Fairly sure Warz can link his own TW vid if he wanted to
    Channels

edited December 2013
    Options
    ijs DSHolder if you're gonna say "here's TW video X and Y" and it's someone else's then at least mention that it's theirs?

Fairly sure Warz can link his own TW vid if he wanted to

I'm fairly certain, anyone who clicks on the video will see the person playing in the video, and also can see who's channel it belongs on. This is just video footage of the TW, I'm not claiming to make the video. I'm not claiming copyright. I'm just posting the video because this thread, in the sub forum Dreamweaver is asking for Videos of the TWs.

Are you really upset because I posted the vid where Relic

Lost?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm fairly certain, anyone who clicks on the video will see the person playing in the video, and also can see who's channel it belongs on. This is just video footage of the TW, I'm not claiming to make the video. I'm not claiming copyright. I'm just posting the video because this thread, in the sub forum Dreamweaver is asking for Videos of the TWs.

Are you really upset because I posted the vid where Relic

Lost?

ya do know shes in kindrid, so ya end comment kind of weird o.o
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Dsholder why dynasty officer dont let u play flyranger in dynasty? they are needing u bro :P

and tys for bringing that video. gonna watch it now :P
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ya do know shes in kindrid, so ya end comment kind of weird o.o

Doesn't mean it isn't a fan of Relic, or an alt.

I'm not on any major league football teams, but I can be upset if the team I root for loses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Heh Fly, not that I don't agree with some things you say, but stick to normal font size. The big text doesn't look very nice, and it feels like you are 'shouting'. Most people don't like being yelled at, and if they see large text, they may reject what you have to say outright, rather than evaluating the merit of what you are actually saying.

It turns out that, rendering with CPU only worked, so you will see a TW video from me this week. You'll see me doing some pretty interesting things you've probably never seen a cleric do before. However, whereas TruWarz has a ridiculous T1 internet connection and can upload a 1hr TW video in under 2 hours, mine will take closer to 2 days (1 day left as of now). *Jealous*

Cheers~
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Doesn't mean it isn't a fan of Relic, or an alt.

I'm not on any major league football teams, but I can be upset if the team I root for loses.

"It?" WHo you calling "it?"

All I said was that you should say something like, "here's a recording of TW x by TruWarz," or something.
    Channels