Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yes codes locked website is under maint as the issue originated there so i heard as for compensation i want none only corrective ACTION on THE CURRENT SYSTEM ISSUES
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so you say trying to say ok ppl got +10 even not from arch server. we did **** it up ok. now what close and leav like alot of EU ppl with no chance to get the nice 3 orbs i think most of us would be glad with 3 not 201390313 we not greeedy only some are. Tho i so like the idea of going tomorow nw when 70% of ppl are +10 all i smell 20 suply tokens:) btw stil waiting my cigarates...
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so you say trying to say ok ppl got +10 even not from arch server. we did **** it up ok. now what close and leav like alot of EU ppl with no chance to get the nice 3 orbs i think most of us would be glad with 3 not 201390313 we not greeedy only some are. Tho i so like the idea of going tomorow nw when 70% of ppl are +10 all i smell 20 suply tokens:) btw stil waiting my cigarates...

Take lots of screen shots of those plus 10s, that's all I have to suggest. If you can PROVE that they abused the codes, they shouldn't be allowed to run their accounts anymore.
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    No. What I'm saying is if they do so (I have as little information as everyone else here on that matter), doing it right now with yet another public code is the worst possible way as that just opens the floodgates for more abuse on a larger scale than before.

So if something happens, we'd expect it to be in the future after they've had time to deal with this crisis and put appropriate thought into it.

Pretty much.

And being out of the loop sucks more when people confuse you for someone with any authority in the matter and expect you to be able to do things you can't. b:laugh

LIAR!!!! what you mean by that is that you will wait some time until the whole thing calm down, and when that happens you will not do anything, because its easier and more convenient for you to point your eyes in other direction and let people forget (and lose hope). So at the end we wont get anything, and these whole **** we put into this forum will become that: JUST ****.
  • Backstub - Heavens Tear
    Backstub - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

So my question is, how about all the people who didn't get anything? Will there be a free code for us? If there is, do it in a more discreet manner pls. Thanks b:dirty
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Take lots of screen shots of those plus 10s, that's all I have to suggest. If you can PROVE that they abused the codes, they shouldn't be allowed to run their accounts anymore.

meh not worth the time... i need to buy +10 orbs to get my ws bow +10.... since got 0 orbs:) well will seewhat gona happen in near few days
  • mihaibuga
    mihaibuga Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i seen ppl still get this code and most of us arent so u blocked it . We are many who didnt get anything . pls fix it
  • Giannix - Raging Tide
    Giannix - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    even in perfect world life is unfair b:chuckle
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    guy just spammed 9-10 orbs again ;D

they already know PWI WONT DO ANYTHING
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about all those that didn't get a chance to use the code because the page wouldn't load (or load properly)?
    Will the code (or a new one) be reinstated?
  • flatbush
    flatbush Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All you people on other servers need to stop QQing. All you people on Arch that got your first code e-mail need to stop QQ. All of you who didn't get a e-mail but was able to use the uni code need to stop QQing. The only people that have any room to complain is the ones that first the 5 hyper code that was a joke didn't work for them, and never got there e-mail, and when they did get to use the uni code, it was disabled. For those of us who got nothing for compensation have the only right to be upset in any way. The rest of you simmer down as this is just another FC Jail glitch episode all over again.
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    faruskas wrote: »
    LIAR!!!! what you mean by that is that you will wait some time until the whole thing calm down, and when that happens you will not do anything, because its easier and more convenient for you to point your eyes in other direction and let people forget (and lose hope). So at the end we wont get anything, and these whole **** we put into this forum will become that: JUST ****.

OPKossy is a volunteer forum mod, with absolutely no power and no control over the present situation, other than to overwork himself to help moderate this thread and others, which is no small feat. No need to be rude to him.
  • mofoisuisay
    mofoisuisay Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i went to use the code today again and it still says THIS CODE IS EXPIRED ....b:angry
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captainr wrote: »
    yes codes locked website is under maint as the issue originated there so i heard as for compensation i want none only corrective ACTION on THE CURRENT SYSTEM ISSUES

Greedy ****. WTF.

b:chuckle
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The OP has been updated with the following:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

Thank you - very glad to hear this.

I was watching the red names scroll up as I worked on leveling my pets (for hours) and I mainly saw 3 same names in a row and no real - 5, 6, 7, 8 + with the same name over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    even in perfect world life is unfair b:chuckle

Ya, a perfect bunch of idiots, thats what we are. We keep posting **** on this forum knowing no matter we say things will not change, nothing is gonna happen. PWI players have only 2 choices: WE keep playing our games and enjoying what we can with what we have. Or we QUIT THIS GAME FOR GOOD, ERASE ALL OF OUR ACCOUNTS AND MOVE ON INTO ANOTHER GAME, until we get the same situation as we had here, then we will have ONLY 2 choices again......... and so on!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy is a volunteer forum mod, with absolutely no power and no control over the present situation, other than to overwork himself to help moderate this thread and others, which is no small feat. No need to be rude to him.

That stonehenge pictur ethrew me off as well. D: QQ

<3 OP is actually a she. ^^

but yea... I SO agree no need to be rude. :P
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you - very glad to hear this.

I was watching the red names scroll up as I worked on leveling my pets (for hours) and I mainly saw 3 same names in a row and no real - 5, 6, 7, 8 + with the same name over and over.

i have seen 10-20 not in a row but counted
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If they announce a new code (unlikely) they ****ign better do it when both, EU ppl and other vermin are on, this code was only for the US players, when I logged it and it was early morning for me, it was already expired. b:spit
  • novatheorganoid
    edited November 2013
    Ya, a perfect bunch of idiots, thats what we are. We keep posting **** on this forum knowing no matter we say things will not change, nothing is gonna happen. PWI players have only 2 choices: WE keep playing our games and enjoying what we can with what we have. Or we QUIT THIS GAME FOR GOOD, ERASE ALL OF OUR ACCOUNTS AND MOVE ON INTO ANOTHER GAME, until we get the same situation as we had here, then we will have ONLY 2 choices again......... and so on!

Pokemon... gotta catch'em all!
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if the oceans from this fiasco did what they were supposed to do (only usable on G15 and below gear). But damn, the oceans were usable on G16 R999 end game gear. Does PWI hire monkeys to test these kind of stuff? Someone needs to get fired.

My friend quit over this and I'm sad to see him go. I don't blame him. Let's see what the punishment is going to be. Most likely it's some BS one week ban.

Who in their right mind thought giving out Oceans that can be used on G16 end game gear was a good idea in the first place? Please, get rid of him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Salianacaste - Harshlands
    Salianacaste - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had used the code once and it lagged out on me.
    when I got on I had so many emails on my cleric I just figured they were all the orbs so I deleted most of them
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    flatbush wrote: »
    All you people on other servers need to stop QQing. All you people on Arch that got your first code e-mail need to stop QQ. All of you who didn't get a e-mail but was able to use the uni code need to stop QQing. The only people that have any room to complain is the ones that first the 5 hyper code that was a joke didn't work for them, and never got there e-mail, and when they did get to use the uni code, it was disabled. For those of us who got nothing for compensation have the only right to be upset in any way. The rest of you simmer down as this is just another FC Jail glitch episode all over again.

I disagree that it is the goon glitch all over again for NOW... but that opinion may very well change depending on their punishment. (I do not expect to be full satsified with the punishment... but IF it is like the goon glitch where they ban ppl then go back on it nigh immediately... that will **** me off to no end, then i'll have to seriously consider my choice of playing this game.

Still I do believe that what DOD said is true... "the abuse wasnt as widespread" as a lot of us are making it out to be... still... if their punishment is like the goon glitch I will NOT be happy.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As someone who was r999 12+ i think this was good for balancing the servers and actually saving the game considering that the game has been more active since this free giveaway. The longer you wait for a rollback people will lose there stuff they got from nw and the stuff they farmed. The people that are crying cause they didn't get as much as other o well pwi will be a better place without these whiners. Ty for the code.

And **** you too, people who abused it deserve to die, period!
  • Liazu - Archosaur
    Liazu - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, those who did not abuse the code should be rewarded as well, for their loyalty. Those who DID in fact abuse the code which is far more than just a few dozen, should either be permanently banned or have all of their refines reset back to 0 or 5. This is just my 2 cents, I think most of us would agree with what I'm saying here. There are people who did try to abuse it, but we're only able to abuse it a little for the simple fact that the website was lagging too much and would not allow them to continue the abuse. Thanks for your hard work and generosity PWI. But please don't let this be just another FC glitch episode. Show players you mean business, it's the only way to get people to stop abusing your generous codes, and to stop constantly mocking you. Again thanks again, best regards.
  • novatheorganoid
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if the oceans from this fiasco did what they were supposed to do (only usable on G15 and below gear). But damn, the oceans were usable on G16 R999 end game gear. Does PWI hire monkeys to test these kind of stuff? Someone needs to get fired.

My friend quit over this and I'm sad to see him go. I don't blame him. Let's see what the punishment is going to be. Most likely it's some BS one week ban.

Who in their right mind thought giving out Oceans that can be used on G16 end game gear was a good idea in the first place? Please, get rid of him.

Best point made all day +1 this.
  • HiT_MaN - Harshlands
    HiT_MaN - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    life is unfair, move on... is a big load of ****, yes it is... some of us didnt even get 1 pack cuz the page was semi-broke for the overload of ppl cheating on code

my advice, dont waste more time on a game that doesnt care about their customers
  • novatheorganoid
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, those who did not abuse the code should be rewarded as well, for their loyalty. Those who DID in fact abuse the code which is far more than just a few dozen, should either be permanently banned or have all of their refines reset back to 0 or 5. This is just my 2 cents, I think most of us would agree with what I'm saying here. There are people who did try to abuse it, but we're only able to abuse it a little for the simple fact that the website was lagging too much and would not allow them to continue the abuse. Thanks for your hard work and generosity PWI. But please don't let this be just another FC glitch episode. Show players you mean business, it's the only way to get people to stop abusing your generous codes, and to stop constantly mocking you. Again thanks again, best regards.

Better yet. Ban their IPs. Or reset their toons to 0. No toons, no equips, no orbs, no items, no money, no guilds, NOTHING.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

i wonder how many times I'll have to go over the whole "mods are normal players and the only difference between us and everyone else is we have our spare time further reduced by having to take care of the forums" thing before a majority of people have figured that out instead of it being a token (and appreciated) minority.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.