You survived the rages

Options

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not all rages are created equal. This is actually only the second time that a rollback has been asked for by overwhelming numbers of players. The first was the duke rose incident, which in all honesty should be used as a lesson for players and staff when approaching the solution for this incident.

The servers never recovered from the duke rose glitch. Despite GM efforts, the glitchers and those who sold gold at inflated prices created the first generation of ultra-rich, which still holds strong today, years later.

We will not recover from this. In a year we will still see the impact of this orb incident.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Remember this?

Remember how quickly we all proceeded to call bull on that?

Good times... good times...

After that day PWI was never the same... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver
    GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    After this day PWI will never be the same ! Now you can say that again .. Abusers will get away with it most likely .. who was lucky to be online got something .. the others can suck a tomato. b:bye
  • buffslut6
    buffslut6 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Huge rage was the first rep sale. Good times lol b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not all rages are created equal. This is actually only the second time that a rollback has been asked for by overwhelming numbers of players. The first was the duke rose incident, which in all honesty should be used as a lesson for players and staff when approaching the solution for this incident.

The servers never recovered from the duke rose glitch. Despite GM efforts, the glitchers and those who sold gold at inflated prices created the first generation of ultra-rich, which still holds strong today, years later.

We will not recover from this. In a year we will still see the impact of this orb incident.
    honestly i wouldnt worry too much about this current one cause
    - its bound equipment
    - you cant combine it, and the cap is still +12
    - you can have 10 characters +10'd but theres a limit on how many characters you can use sufficiently. (like farming just need max 2, can do cube in TT90s gear)
    - its not too hard to catch up to +10 if your active
    - its not a commodity that keeps on rotating inside the economy with no cut off

hurry up and refine your **** with your billions vinat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GMs reply rage

<_< every time they come to a resolution someone rages lol
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PvP enabled Secret Passage Rage

Selling our souls to facebook to get blessing rage (ongoing)

When pwi removed dominance blessings from instances rage (which led to the introduction of the sellout for facebook likes!)

the flash sale of 10 star 12 star orbs.

Simple maintenence ruining everything, not being able to log in for 12 hours, not having faction chat for weeks

The typical player / forum user usually doesn't seem very rationally minded when it comes to most issues. Very negative and crybabies! But i think the latest antics have rocked the boat and are pretty ugly. How can a simple server reset / maintenance ruin so many things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'll tell you what you missed. . . . The Global chat perfect horn rage from the oh so delicate "don't show me messages I don't want to see" crowd. . .
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'll tell you what you missed. . . . The Global chat perfect horn rage from the oh so delicate "don't show me messages I don't want to see" crowd. . .

Haha I remember that as well very annoying how those horns were so intrusive. *glares*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i used just 1 from the beginners chest on my alt and i got hate pms lol

crazy pple out there i tell ya...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    name censor rage

dq pig rage

increased price on fashion rage

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Every time yu mention DQ pigs I think of that week or so when the smilies were glitched and we had headbang piggies.

... I miss headbang piggies. b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, since the PK + flying-enabled Secret Passage rage was mentioned, allow me to mention the triple DQ nerfing and the terribly slow compensation for it.

There also was a time when the rubberbanding issues were beyond any acceptable levels (even leaving from a NPC's head -thanks to the autopath function- led to superb rubberbanding).

Other issues include the Token of (Best) Luck scams and the futile controversy on the swastika on the platinum guardian charms.
    I'm pretty sure that was the stupidest rage ever.

"OMG THIS IS A FANTASY GAME. WHY IS THERE A MOTORCYCLE IN MY FANTASY GAME." while completely ignoring all the more modern fashion we had in-game at the time.

Well, given the stupid teaser that PWE offered us (the countdown and the chimei with time-reversing clock, does it ring a bell to you? b:surrender), I felt it was justified that whoever was in charge for marketing/sales totally failed there.

The lighter is kind of silly too, when you think of it.

(that said, the item that makes me want to puke each time I see it is the manchinated terror and its family. It is like if a wraith was tamed... whoever designed that needs to be sent in an alternate dimension)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The sound of butthurt is my alarm clock, and a cup of rage in the morning goes well with the tears of the masses.
    Just another day on the PWI forums. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I honestly didn't rage over packs, SoT glitch, Dreamchaser glitch, SP fiasco, R9, R9rr, or anything else you can name.

I was upset with PWI over how they handled dragoons (they ruined full FC runs AND let the glitchers get away scot free) but was willing to give them another chance.

...This D. orb thing is just too much. At first, I was really excited, because giving everyone 3 d orbs would even out the server and make things more competitive. Then the glitching happened, I was like, ok, PWI can't be this dumb, they'll roll back for sure.

...Guess what? The glitchers get away scot free AGAIN. It's almost a joke to call it a glitch because it was so easy to do, but at this point, I guess it doesn't really matter.

By not rolling back, PWI will lose the revenue of both players who no longer want to play such a corrupted game as well as those who would have bought d.orbs, but won't anymore because now they have tons, as well as those who still play, but won't spend because of PWI's lack of enforcement/integrity.

-snip-

PWI owns the game, but they also have an obligation of good faith to maintain the integrity of their product. They've failed to do so time and time again, which just shows they don't care, at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i guess the +10 orbs are the rage of the year \o/

id rage too if it actually did alot but i dont think most pple have sat down and taken to fact how much of what mirage and orb you need to fully +10 things lol.
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    "more fash in packs" -rage
    "no snowmen" -rage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The "insert next random thing" rage

Yup I'mma survive those too b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    name change rage

ha.. sort of rhymes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

I don't think you'll survive this one in particular. Maybe the ones before it, but this particular one is going to be the one that makes you join the masses. b:sin
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I don't think you'll survive this one in particular. Maybe the ones before it, but this particular one is going to be the one that makes you join the masses. b:sin

That's what they said about every rage before b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Power levelling rage from changed FF + oracles + hyper stones. I miss the old school zhen squads (zhen or zen? I always forget), back when we actually had to work for our levels :(

Oh and tideborn rage. **** sins.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    too lazy to read all the comment . but did you miss frost glitch rage?b:cute
  • Alyckor - Morai
    Alyckor - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does no one remember the MySpace rage? True, it wasn't as big as newer ones, but I still remember it as the "first"...
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Aw man, I missed a little less then half those rages! Where was I?!?!
    Oh right....I hadn't joined yet.....
    Maybe I'll dig through the forums and read those OLD pages. I get my kicks watching people rage. f:cute
    Don't worry MODs, I promise I won't necro anything. f:despise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Stealth cata-sin rage
  • Antigone - Morai
    Antigone - Morai Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The glitch, where halloween-male-fashion was way more worth sold to NPC than 1k (like a few 100k or sth). Was a time, when gold was about 100-140k....I miss it
    Antigone - Demon Cleric - 105|103+|102+ (Yush, the avatar is a lieb:cry)
  • Alyckor - Morai
    Alyckor - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The glitch, where halloween-male-fashion was way more worth sold to NPC than 1k (like a few 100k or sth). Was a time, when gold was about 100-140k....I miss it

Oh yeah, the 120k gold (out)rage in summer 2009, just a week before chest of coins were introduced... ah the memories...
  • Surukuvio - Raging Tide
    Surukuvio - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    NW map rage
    Seekers too OP rage

\o/ we're alive
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I remember the multiple banning rage. Bunch of people getting banned on forums then others got all pissed off about it and started saying everything they could so they would get banned also. That was one of the most entertaining threads EVER.

I might have to go try and find that one again, LOL.