time for a perm ban

Options
condofar
condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Chronicles
enough said. logged on heavens tear, and so far in 15 min, over 1000 orbs, 10 or more per acct. this is far worse than goons and this time PERM BAN their butts on ALL accounts.
Post edited by condofar on

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wouldnt go so far as to say perma ban for a **** up on PWEs part but i do say roll back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yes let's all ban the 4 people that still play for a coding failure on PWIs behalf. Brilliant.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's the thing. This isn't PWE's fault. The codes are working for many the way it was intended. Once per account. For many of us it won't allow another redeem. People just spammed it long enough until the gateway timed out and it couldn't check and just sent it.

This is due to the excess amount of people redeeming at once and others stopping legitimate redeemers from even getting one code. This is pure abuse of the system and unfortunately the greedy people have ruined this for others.

Somehow I don't think they'll be a *10 orb sale anytime soon.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's the thing. This isn't PWE's fault.

Wrong. I'm a long-time web, network, and indie game programmer. This is definitely PWE's fault for poorly programming the system. A properly programmed system would have put the requests in a DB queue and had a process that distributed the data as necessary. The way I see it, the page itself directly links to the process and is just absolute overkill for it.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • RedBetty - Momaganon
    RedBetty - Momaganon Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's the thing. This isn't PWE's fault. The codes are working for many the way it was intended. Once per account. For many of us it won't allow another redeem. People just spammed it long enough until the gateway timed out and it couldn't check and just sent it.

This is due to the excess amount of people redeeming at once and others stopping legitimate redeemers from even getting one code. This is pure abuse of the system and unfortunately the greedy people have ruined this for others.

Somehow I don't think they'll be a *10 orb sale anytime soon.

you seem to have no single clue what you are actually talking about.
    i got sent 9 ocean orbs just by putting in the code a single time.
    how is that abuse of the system?
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    condofar wrote: »
    enough said. logged on heavens tear, and so far in 15 min, over 1000 orbs, 10 or more per acct. this is far worse than goons and this time PERM BAN their butts on ALL accounts.

Yeah, ban 80% of people on every server because PWE failed again b:bye
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah, ban 80% of people on every server because PWE failed again b:bye

A rollback would fix everything.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you seem to have no single clue what you are actually talking about.
    i got sent 9 ocean orbs just by putting in the code a single time.
    how is that abuse of the system?

Same. Well, i did enter it multiple times, but what do you expect when it sais timeout ?

And of course it is PWIs fault. How often do you hear of ATMs accidentally spewing out money with no end ? Theres simply a bunch of amateurs working here. Espescially because it is not an incident. It is the standard for PWI.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A rollback would fix everything.

Or they just shouldn't do anything at all because it seems that the reason the offer was put up in the first place was because of things like rollbacks.

I think they should just let it slide. The game is pretty much dead anyways. Let the players have some fun.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They only have two realistic options now that this is happening

1. Rollback to earlier today (or the day before) before the code was given out
    2. Or cut it short and do nothing about the after effect (The Goonz option)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Or they just shouldn't do anything at all because it seems that the reason the offer was put up in the first place was because of things like rollbacks.

I think they should just let it slide. The game is pretty much dead anyways. Let the players have some fun.

You got a lot of orbs huh didnt you ? b:laugh

Well, i got 9 and i dont give a rats *** whats happens next. Im just having a lot of fun over all the drama and indeed i consider the game a lot more dead than a week ago.

One thing though: IF it is being rolled back, roll back to the same point as the last rollback plz because obviously the last orb giveway was also a huge fail in more ways than need explaining.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • germainepwbr02
    germainepwbr02 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    some people began to catch these orbs last night ... if it is to return, come back two days
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You got a lot of orbs huh didnt you ? b:laugh

Well, i got 9 and i dont give a rats *** whats happens next. Im just having a lot of fun over all the drama and indeed i consider the game a lot more dead than a week ago.

One thing though: IF it is being rolled back, roll back to the same point as the last rollback plz because obviously the last orb giveway was also a huge fail in more ways than need explaining.

Actually, no I didn't. I don't play anymore. I haven't really played since 2010. I came in game a few days ago to see how it was, saw the DQ items prices were 1 and declared the game dead.

• SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    in every game, exploiting a glitch is bannable, but here they didnt like to. prolly they are the people getting more than 3 orbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    please use the existing thread to voice your concerns about the compensation, thanks.http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1644331

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.