Assassins way to OP

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok so sins are just way to OP and unfair in fights.

To start with, stealth is like the worst skill ever made. They are able to hide and take players by surprise at any moment. Yes u could use ad or expel, but most likely they killed u to fast or they used their second stealth skill and wait out your ad or wtvr. Yes they have 2 stealth skills is it really fair that they can stealth out whenever they want even when being attacked? Yes I do know they have stealth pots, but they don't last to long and have pretty long cd+ your most likely using it randomly the sin could be long gone by then waiting for your pot to end.

We all know how OP their dmg is so I won't go into that

We also know they can triple spark almost whenever they want.

But the absolute worst is the 'God' skill tidal protection. Idc if they need a protection skill it should not last as long as it does with such a short cd. I mean like it is so frustrating constantly seeing resist,resist, resist over and over again. Anyone who does not play sin would definitely agree because with their op dmg it really is hard to last long against them and not being able to stop them just if even just for a little makes it almost impossible unless you out gear them.

Feel free to disagree, but everyone knows at equal gears with them they are always a tough challenge.
sorry for my bad punctuation and stuff^^

Sorry for the bad punctuation and stuff
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh hey, it's this thread... again...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:sad Coincidence or are these troll threads? b:cry

Assassins were OP last month we have moved on to Clerics, barbs and seekers now, please keep up.

EDIT: Sorry if this is serious OP but assassin arguments have kind of been beaten to death recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm waiting for the Venomancers are OP thread to pop.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you would like i can start one, im being bullied by one at the moment :/ QQ

EDIT: As i dont really want to bump the thread again.

What Type(APS or DPH)/Gear level/culti of the sin are you fighting?

Your Gear/Culti?

Im an awful veno but if you post these a veno main maybe able to help you more than just the general sin fighting tips ill post bellow:

When they are stealthed always keep moving if you stand still it makes an assassins life a lot easier as they dont have to lock you down to get more than 1 hit off from stealth.

If you can attain stealth pots do so. Often sins only stealth as a last resort in a fight so if you can pop them often they have burnt everything and are completely helpless.

If there is something that you can hit near the sin when they stealth give it a count of 1 and then AOE on that area. Most probably the sin will be out of range but sometimes, for whatever reason you they may of not been able to run in time. The count of 1 is because they have about 1-2 second immunity to being kicked out of stealth in pvp.

As for tidal, you can use low cost debuffs (Chi/CD wise) when tidal is up so lucky, venom and iron (if your are demon) away. Save high cost skills for tidal wear off and try and get them to burn something or for your own survival. This is partially potent if we arnt talking end game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No lol sins only class I can't kill on my veno because I can't touch them at all with debuffs and even when they should die they stealth out with shadow escape, anyone have any tips to facing this double stealth/ tidal problem?
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No lol sins only class I can't kill on my veno because I can't touch them at all with debuffs and even when they should die they stealth out with shadow escape, anyone have any tips to facing this double stealth/ tidal problem?

Sounds like you have a gear and/or skill problem. I have encountered venos's in tw and nw that had me screaming bloody murder and most were just with decent gears. Sins are very easy to counter with enough experience especially those that only know how to lock and aps and never use any other skills.

Sometimes you have to be able to take a beating to win a fight, that is just the way it is.

You could just as easily say full vit catabarbs are to op to, heck you could make a tw faction with nothing but full r9s3 60k+ hp catabarbs. Imagine a wall of 80 back flipping facerolling arma-bombs to deal with that can take a whole faction out in one massive hit.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Imagine a faction of of 80 wizards throwing spark onto everybody to one shot them...

Imagine a faction of clerics seal of gods the entire other faction and walking past them...

Imagine a faction of archers purging everybody really fast...

etc, etc.

Barbs probably do have a really good chance but not for the reason you think. Barbs being the tankiest, they don't win by killing the enemy, they can win by tanking the enemy. If one barb dies, 5 more rush in to pick up the catapult---good luck trying to prevent them all from picking up the cata. In other words, for the objectives of a TW, barbs would do well, since the objective isn't to kill other players, it is to kill the crystal. Barb faction would pass its catapult from barb to barb, each barb invoking and advancing the catapult a bit further, until finally the catapults get to the tower/crystal, and there more barbs can keep exchanging catapult duty until catapult is finally dead (catapult would lose bit of durability each time barb dies). I don't think any other class could manage this quite so effectively, because no other class has an unpurgeable skill like invoke.

Mind you psychics would do pretty good too if they kept making their catapullers immune to damage with that weird morai skill... however unlike invoke, you can't move with that skill on you (stuns you) so you'd have to reserve it for when the psychic has arrived at his destination. Plus they could cycle through psychics making their squads untargetable, that would be pretty hilarious too.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That was more of a joke than anything, you took that to the extreme :P, I was just adding some color to the conversation. Even with all the other classes benefits class vs class tw it would be pretty hard to outlast the barbs. But I think clerics would have the best chance.

I think Mav from RT is a great example of this, he may have a big ego, but he does play that class, and play it very well. I would hate to have to come up against 80 of equally geared and knowledgeable clerics. The last TW we were in, he held off practically half of our tw squads and probably could have held us all for at least a while

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Imagine a faction of of 80 wizards throwing spark onto everybody to one shot them...

Imagine a faction of clerics seal of gods the entire other faction and walking past them...

Imagine a faction of archers purging everybody really fast...

etc, etc.

Barbs probably do have a really good chance but not for the reason you think. Barbs being the tankiest, they don't win by killing the enemy, they can win by tanking the enemy. If one barb dies, 5 more rush in to pick up the catapult---good luck trying to prevent them all from picking up the cata. In other words, for the objectives of a TW, barbs would do well, since the objective isn't to kill other players, it is to kill the crystal. Barb faction would pass its catapult from barb to barb, each barb invoking and advancing the catapult a bit further, until finally the catapults get to the tower/crystal, and there more barbs can keep exchanging catapult duty until catapult is finally dead (catapult would lose bit of durability each time barb dies). I don't think any other class could manage this quite so effectively, because no other class has an unpurgeable skill like invoke.

Mind you psychics would do pretty good too if they kept making their catapullers immune to damage with that weird morai skill... however unlike invoke, you can't move with that skill on you (stuns you) so you'd have to reserve it for when the psychic has arrived at his destination. Plus they could cycle through psychics making their squads untargetable, that would be pretty hilarious too.

If you read the description, Spirit Phalanx drops catapaults
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm waiting for the Venomancers are OP thread to pop.

b:cute there you go b:cute
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol Wut?

I thought last week it was seeker's who was too OP.b:laugh
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah... drops catapults. Scratch that then lol. Also, that skill has an annoying habit of ignoring protections in PvP and going onto the enemy instead... pretty annoying.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931