Download Help?

immortalkitsu
immortalkitsu Posts: 3
edited November 2013 in Support Desk
Hey, uh, not sure if this is where this kind of thread goes...

But, I'm trying to redownload the game after being forced off for a couple of years. Its been a full day, and the download is just now at 26%. I'm not running any other downloads or programs, all programs unneccessary to keep the computer functioning, besides the download, are stopped in the Task Manager.

I only have one gig of Ram at the moment and have to wait until Monday to obtain more, but I'm trying to get this download done before then. Its just taking forever and I don't know if there is anything else I can do to speed up the download at least a little bit.

The download averages between 100 and 300kb a second, depending on the signal strength of my internet. (That is also a factor that slows it down, as I have pretty much basic internet, and my computer usually receives a somewhat weak signal.)

I just need to know if there is anything I can do to up the kb/s to average at about 200 - 400

Not a huge change, but one that will hopefully shave a few hours off of the download time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    If your net is bad, then your net is bad. You aren't going to do much to improve the speed if your bandwidth can't manage it. At least Arc has the ability to pause/resume the download if needed.

RAM isn't going to affect the download much, but it will help the game.

Anything you can do to improve the signal will help a lot though. With a weak signal, it's likely dropping a lot of packets and having to re-send them. Also, wired is always preferred over wireless. 1. Because there's a LOT less interference, and 2. because having full-duplex really opens up your data stream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]