O'Malley or Jones?

Options
mrcharlyplustwo
mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Psychic
Which blessing is better for PvE Psychic?

Obviously Jones ups damage, but O'Malley pretty much removes the 'debuff' of Black Voodoo.

Which do you think is better and why?
Post edited by mrcharlyplustwo on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Personally I prefer using both regardless of what class I'm playing. Since a blessing lasts a week, it's enough time to grab both and use both.

I usually use Jones when I'm DDing and I'll put O'Malley on when I have to pull or tank some serious damage.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What are your gears and what kind of PVE stuff are you doing ?

I would say that you usually don't need more def level for PVE (depending on the gears though), so +30 attack level is maybe better because you do everything faster.

Anyway, as Desdi said, the best would be to have both if you can and switch according to the context.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I guess the context I was thinking was in BH (51/59/69 for me).

Switching makes sense - use Jones for general questing, switch to O'Malley when I'm likely to pull aggro of several mobs at once.

While the jones page was down I ended up using the def boxes from the PW teacher and noticed I didn't take anywhere near the same damage whilst still being one of the highest-damaging members of the squad.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Speaking of it being down...whenever it's up, I advice you to grab a blessing. It doesn't matter if you already have one for a week, better grab them and stack them up in your mailbox. The page has a history of breaking from time to time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_Deir_xx - Lost City
    Xx_Deir_xx - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    took me many tries to get mine yesterdayb:surrender
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I always use O'Malley. With the number of attack lvls coming from gear, the +15 is not much. Gear tends to give less defense lvls, so I feel O'Malley makes a bigger difference then Jones. If Jones really reduces the number of skills needed to kill something, it might be more worth it though. But for me that's not the case so rather getting some def.