Those things that need to be tweaked

Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I decided to make a thread about some quests that people rarely/never do because it is basically worthless and it should be more rewarding.

Here's our list of the quests, I can edit the thread if things that need to be updated

DQ: Almost nobody does this, there are a few (including myself) that does these. Have to say that people level much faster now, therefore it makes the DQ molds a waste along with the other rewards. Simply because it is too slow.

One man army: Typically nobody does this, lack mobs to kill, does not even reward exp / sp. Also just 500 coins (celestone fragment)

RB: Since coins were removed from RBs, nobody wants to do even delta for BH it seems.

Beast hunter: I don't know who have done this but this is meant to remove coins, as far as I know, it is not worth bothering with. Nobody cares about it.

Justice orders is needed to be redone as well due to it being in need to have a better reward.

Crusade orders: Literally a waste of time to bother, with, if I remember you have to spend coin to activate these quests which gives little reward.

Perfect plan quest / flawless fabric : Requires materials that are pretty rare to find especially nowadays where leveling is fast, you won't get much of these materials.

Dragon points quest : Since DQ points are going to be removed.

The items that I can list

Chest of coins: Simply this needs a tweak or something, the perfect hammer is not practical and DQ points were removed from it.

Gold foil: Seems like a very rare item but totally worthless (worth 1k)

Organic glue: Supposed to be a crafting material, but nothing cane be made with this.

Arcane pet book: Tomes already have ruined this purpose

Perfect hammer: Costs 5 gold (which is 5-10 mil depending on the gold rate) which is a waste of money just to get one million coin which is gained easily nowadays.

Feel free to add some more that would needs to be tweaked and what is the reason why that needs to be tweaked.
Sage barb in progress.
Post edited by Chuck_smith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    DQ quest needed change would be the number of orders required to get the items needs to be lowered or the amount of DQ needed to get the reward on the higher tiers. I also wouldn't mind if they added a demon/sage event card as one of the possible rewards.

The beast hunter quest is those gray tiger badges right? They should up the exp by a lot, and limit the number of times someone can do it per day. Get in line with maybe doing one Big Room if you do the max amount of times that day. And make it cost not a whole more than that.

The justice orders need to be redone as well. Up the rewards and lower the kill counts. Or make it give some kind of reward that makes it worth doing in lieu of making it easier.

Remove the arcane pet book from the boutique

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    I decided to make a thread about some quests that people rarely/never do because it is basically worthless and it should be more rewarding.

Here's our list of the quests, I can edit the thread if things that need to be updated

DQ: Almost nobody does this, there are a few (including myself) that does these. Have to say that people level much faster now, therefore it makes the DQ molds a waste along with the other rewards. Simply because it is too slow.

Even when people were questing, the rewards were often not worth the effort.

One man army: Typically nobody does this, lack mobs to kill, does not even reward exp / sp. Also just 500 coins (celestone fragment)

Because todays players (kids) want instant gratification, not grinding quests.

RB: Since coins were removed from RBs, nobody wants to do even delta for BH it seems.

It was like this before coins got removed because of a common misconception that you have to be 100+ to do it. A misconception that is mostly caused by FCC and the power creep.

Beast hunter: I don't know who have done this but this is meant to remove coins, as far as I know, it is not worth bothering with. Nobody cares about it.

It was implemented solely as a coin sink. The rewards were never worth the effort.

The items that I can list

Chest of coins: Simply this needs a tweak or something, the perfect hammer is not practical and DQ points will be removed from it.

Corrected this for you. I'm sure the new system will have a use for it.

Gold foil: Seems like a very rare item but totally worthless (worth 1k)

Probably would have been something if the developers were more than halfway through developing the game when Wanmei bought it out and fired them.

Organic glue: Supposed to be a crafting material, but nothing cane be made with this.

See above statement.

Feel free to add some more that would needs to be tweaked and what is the reason why that needs to be tweaked.
    Responses in Blue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget the Flawless fabric quest, where you need to bring leather and compound thread to complete it, and the Perfect Plan quest (collecting hay). The value of the items needed far outweighs the quest rewards. I read on this forum that people used to trash them even back in 2009, when this stuff used to cost much less, not to mention nowadays, when hay can easily be 30k+. So these quests are sitting in the available quest logs forever.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget the Flawless fabric quest, where you need to bring leather and compound thread to complete it, and the Perfect Plan quest (collecting hay). The value of the items needed far outweighs the quest rewards. I read on this forum that people used to trash them even back in 2009, when this stuff used to cost much less, not to mention nowadays, when hay can easily be 30k+. So these quests are sitting in the available quest logs forever.
    If you're farming them, the value of the item doesn't matter. The price is so steep because no one is farming them, so those that do farm them, are free to let their greed **** your wallet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, of course, I can spend some time on farming this stuff on lowbie alts, but sometimes it's hard to force yourself into doing something that doesn't make much sense... Even giving away this hay for free to a friend or just to a random newbie who needs it would be a better use for it to me. I think if there was a quest about bringing, say, 5 TT golds for a 80k coin and 50k exp reward, no one would ever do it..
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you're farming them, the value of the item doesn't matter. The price is so steep because no one is farming them, so those that do farm them, are free to let their greed **** your wallet.

Farming them wastes time in which you could be getting multiple other things done so yes, it still has a cost. And when you have spent all that time farming, why would anyone give those costly items away for a tiny bit of exp instead of selling them for a ton of coin? Maybe if they upgraded the exp reward a little it would be worth some consideration.

I don't personally care because I just skip those quests. But I will add that I think all of the quests 80+ need a revamp. All they keep doing is "streamlining" and updating the low level quests, but it is the 80+ quests that totally aren't worth doing. Upgrade the exp/coin or decrease the mob total, or both. I even started skipping them on my newer characters and instead started running all of my white divine quests daily, which give the same exp for 10-15 mobs as opposed to 80-100.

I agree with revamping JQs. I used to run the 100+ ones all the time back when they existed, because they gave quite a nice exp reward. Why not do that to all levels of JQs? Those of us that prefer questing to other methods of levelling would be very happy, especially in the higher levels when quests and levelling methods become limited. And bring back the 100+ JQs!

Also, remove the quest from Jolly Jones to buy dragon points. It totally isn't worth the cost and will soon be completely pointless anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bump~

Thanks for mentioning!
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013

uh, you incur the opportunity cost of not being able to sell them for coin instead

basic high school AP Econ?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    uh, you incur the opportunity cost of not being able to sell them for coin instead

basic high school AP Econ?
    They didn't teach things like econ 101 or macro in the school of internet 1337.