Dilema, which ring to choose?

Options
Placer - Morai
Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Wizard
Hello people.

My head is a bit divided, I want to upgrade my rings and I got 2 options. First is recasting my R9 ring and get the Ghostport Ring and use it with my actual Sign of Antiquity: Chaos.

Second option is keeping the R9 ring as it is (for a while) and get a Cloud Stir to recast it and get the Moon's Embrace and with this one I would replace my lunar ring.

I like the option of the Moon's Embrace because well I get 5 attack lvls, 3 defense lvls, also more magic attack compared to my lunar ring.

I know the Ghostport Ring is so OP but it only gives a great advantage when you have it highly refined (thing I won't be able to do very soon). Also I'm not taking in mind an option with a Sky Cover.

I would like to know your opinions and your advices so I can make up my mind.

This is my current gear (Stats in real are slightly higher since I got Exclusive Garnet Shards instead of Perfects, and because of the meridians)

http://pwcalc.com/36c16bbf0e458bb4

Thank you in advance b:victory
Post edited by Placer - Morai on

Comments

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you're not going to refine high soon I'd suggest getting the Moon's Embrace, then. The R9r ring at +5 gives you less p.def. than a lunar magic ring, so your def boost wouldn't really matter much seeing that you could trade that for 3 def lvls, which is more effective than such a low p.def.

Your magic attack will also get a better boost, and so will your attack lvls.

For low refines I believe that's a no-brainer, really.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Finish +10ing your armor before you do anything with the rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

^ this
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

At current +10 orb prices I believe getting a ring before getting that extra 1k hp wouldn't hurt so much, really. Would be way cheaper. (I'm assuming she already has the SoWs and supply tokens for that).

Unless you want her to merch her SoWs and then wait till +10s are back to an acceptable price, which would mean not doing anything but saving her coins for now. Which is boring.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At current +10 orb prices I believe getting a ring before getting that extra 1k hp wouldn't hurt so much, really. Would be way cheaper. (I'm assuming she already has the SoWs and supply tokens for that).

Unless you want her to merch her SoWs and then wait till +10s are back to an acceptable price, which would mean not doing anything but saving her coins for now. Which is boring.

I would assume +10 orbs will be on sale either Black Friday or in December. Should save enough coin for nine of them and go after the r9rr ring then, tbh.

Or that's what I'd do at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Placer - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, thanks for your quick response guys. It's okay, I know I have to refine my remaining pieces of amor, making 450m - 540m for that won't be easy but I will work on it.

I'm almost done with the SoW for the r9rr ring, I got enough for the Moon's Embrace, I'm not buying them, I'm just collecting all the supply tokens needed from NWs.

So I know I gotta refine my gear, but leaving that aside and talking only about rings, what would be better for me, saying I can get them tops to +7 using only refine aids (because gold's price is too damn high).
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, thanks for your quick response guys. It's okay, I know I have to refine my remaining pieces of amor, making 450m - 540m for that won't be easy but I will work on it.

I'm almost done with the SoW for the r9rr ring, I got enough for the Moon's Embrace, I'm not buying them, I'm just collecting all the supply tokens needed from NWs.

So I know I gotta refine my gear, but leaving that aside and talking only about rings, what would be better for me, saying I can get them tops to +7 using only refine aids (because gold's price is too damn high).

Out of those two choices, I'd easily go for the ghostport.. the pdef/mdef you get from refining it would be very useful. When I was gearing up, the very last piece of gear that I got was a good magic ring (I got full r9rr +12 josd and nw upgrades before getting a magic ring), and even now I rarely use it (maybe ~5% of the time?). It would be a much more difficult choice for me if you were trying to decide between ghostport or star's destiny.. but a moon's embrace would literally be at the very bottom of the list if I were in your shoes.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Also, if you really wanted more matk, it'd be a lot more cost effective to just +11 or +12 your weapon.

http://pwcalc.com/32a48d0c4e557eb3

http://pwcalc.com/c5cf54af04bc8025
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Woah Deja vu takes more note's.
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    moon's embrace just no.

get a star's destiny and refine it or make the ghostport
  • Placer - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thank you all for your advices and opinions. I think I will stick to the Ghostport Ring for now :D
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle I have star's destiny and moon's embrace (with a 2% reduce magic damage engrave). I have so many alts it makes sense to have both. And the extra magic defense from the moon's embrace does help in pk vs other casters. Otherwise, it goes virtually unused on my wizard. I use star's destiny almost all the time on my wiz and moon's embrace on my seeker. The attack doesn't make nearly as much difference as the defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]