1 Vs. 1 Rules

Options
freygin
freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
what rules can be considered as fair and can be accepted by anyone, any class, for a 1vs1 battle with equal gears ?

Archers/venos/barbs/bms , all these classes have purge, so it's more likely they will prefer a fully buffed battle since the opponent will lose the buffs eventually at some point during the battle.

Barbs and Seekers with super endgame gears, refines, shards and fully buffed, I don't think any class can kill'em solo.

Clerics, with equal gears might have a hard time killing the opponents if they have cleric buffs. Especially against a psychic, if they want cleric buffs, wouldn't it be fair if the cleric want a psychic buff also ?

Sins, they have the advantage to hit first, so buffs are kinda necessary to survive their first blow to buy enough time to react.

there is always an advantage or disadvantage in a 1 vs 1 battle against any class, so is there a universal rule or can someone create one rule for all ?
Post edited by freygin on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think when it comes to 1v1 or even small scale group PK the rules are set by the people participating in them.

For example in a 3v3 PK I did some time ago both parties agreed for me not to use purge because my gear was quite better than the rest and me purging them would have made the fight far too easy for my side. I was completely fine with that as I ended up having some interesting fights.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Simple answer: there are no rules, apart from the you may not harrass people one (kill > 3 times in a row or something? need someone else to clarify that)

Otherwise, what Desdi said "applies", people make their own rules in their PvP situations, e.g. no pots, no genies, no using of skill x.
    Still even if you don't follow those rules, it's not like there's any penalty to it... Well maybe people won't like you but hey, welcome to PvP
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I see, I also prefer it like that, the rules are set depending on the participants' gear or situation to make it fun and balanced.

It's easier to decide in a friendly fight though, but for a fight with pride involved and trashtalking happens before it, that's where each side wants an advantage so not to lose face lol.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This ain hello kitty online. In teh jungle there be one rule; kill or be killed.

In friendly organised fights though you can set rules between yourselves like self buffed spirit defence no stealth no pots no turning-me-into-cute-fluffeh-squirrel no genie no fash b:dirty no flying no purge no tripol spark. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The only rule that holds true is that the last one standing...wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    no turning-me-into-cute-fluffeh-squirrel

I would never accept this rule. NEVER!!!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would never accept this rule. NEVER!!!

b:surrender
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    In 1 vs. 1 I usually give my opponents buffs, so that its fair... for *them* lol. I pretty much always go self-buffed, except for TW, or where $ is on the line (NW and Pk tourney).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • xxhealbillyxx
    xxhealbillyxx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I learned early on, when someone challenges you to duel in town, they usually don't like pots. So I guess self heals and second wind are out of the question too, or they QQ. I don't pot or genie heal in duel but think only using half your abilities in a fight is just plain stupid. Like why bother? I say bring it and bring it all. Fight the way you fight, including staying alive. Staying alive and pots skills, timing, is just as important as juggling weapon skill cooldowns. It's all part of it. Way I see it, needs to be discussed before fighting. Seems to me, if you do have self heals or genie skills, one should be able to use them. The opponent gets to use all his skills but you can only use a few of yours or they QQ, got it. Seems to me, toons are given different skills for a reason, and supposed to use them. Again, should be discussed prior to fight I guess. But honestly, people that QQ my gf for using Bramble or will only fight if she doesn't use Bramble is kinda lame. You can either kill a well geared L101 Veno or you can't. Period. Asking her to nerf, what a joke.
    PK mode or NW is obviously different. It's kill or be killed. All bets are off, no holds barred. You do absolutely anything and everything to survive. Includes pots, apoth stuff and genie skills. These are all items or abilities in your inventory, use them to your advantage every time or die.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    From the sound of it you are talking set up 1v1s. If this is so then the rules are whatever the two players decide on before the fight.

However there are some things that are almost expected from certain classes. eg assassins are generally expected not to use stealth in a set up 1v1.

If you do not think a 1v1 request is fair just dont accept the terms. If they attack you after you have said that you do not want to. Then you should have no qualms calling a gank on them, getting full buffs, going to sz etc. It is not a 1v1 unless you both say its a 1v1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    From the sound of it you are talking set up 1v1s. If this is so then the rules are whatever the two players decide on before the fight.

However there are some things that are almost expected from certain classes. eg assassins are generally expected not to use stealth in a set up 1v1.

If you do not think a 1v1 request is fair just dont accept the terms. If they attack you after you have said that you do not want to. Then you should have no qualms calling a gank on them, getting full buffs, going to sz etc. It is not a 1v1 unless you both say its a 1v1.

^This. I do all my 1v1's as w/e goes unless im out geared, then i might get an hp or cleric buffs to compensate the gear differences. But as far as pots and genie, its all acceptable to me. Pk on most servers is a tea party because people dont really learn how to PK. I learn with duels, I learn with PK. IMO they can be treated the same if you want them to be.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    what rules can be considered as fair and can be accepted by anyone, any class, for a 1vs1 battle with equal gears ?

Archers/venos/barbs/bms , all these classes have purge, so it's more likely they will prefer a fully buffed battle since the opponent will lose the buffs eventually at some point during the battle.

Barbs and Seekers with super endgame gears, refines, shards and fully buffed, I don't think any class can kill'em solo.

Clerics, with equal gears might have a hard time killing the opponents if they have cleric buffs. Especially against a psychic, if they want cleric buffs, wouldn't it be fair if the cleric want a psychic buff also ?

Sins, they have the advantage to hit first, so buffs are kinda necessary to survive their first blow to buy enough time to react.

there is always an advantage or disadvantage in a 1 vs 1 battle against any class, so is there a universal rule or can someone create one rule for all ?

Pretty much what everyone else has said.. rules are just what you agree on. In most of my 1v1s I generally have no rules other than you can't go to sz/log out and nobody else can get involved. Sometimes in the interest of time we also restrict certain buffs (if we were both full buffed it may never end) or to help compensate for gear differences we might say I cannot use certain skills or w/e it is.

Also end game barbs/seekers can be easily solo'd by several classes, and self buff fights vs sins are fine.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    By definition, the only rule is: 1 player versus another player. However, common courtesy include:

No running to safe zone
    No stealth (since it's practically a portable safe zone)

My personal courtesy is:

Fight equal geared, or use buffs to make up for gear difference
    If gear is equal, fight self buffed unless you're playing PWI
    If you or opponent can purge, fight self buffed

However, here are some interesting rules people have came up with. Any of these sound familiar to anyone?

BM vs BM: No kiting
    BM vs BM: Only allowed to kite with leaps
    Barb vs Barb: No Invoke
    Barb vs Barb: No Tiger/Panda form
    Barb vs Barb: No three spark
    Barb vs Barb: No kiting
    Wizard vs Wizard: No genie spark
    Wizard vs Wizard: Only allowed to kite from Ice Prison
    Wizard vs Wizard: No mdef necklace
    Psychic vs Psychic: No white Voodo

Additionally, here are some rules that nobody abides to, but random people call you noob if you don't:

Barb vs Sin: No attacking the barb while he is out of range (via +range daggers)
    Barb vs Any: No camping Tiger/Panda form
    Archer vs Any: No excessive kiting
    Sin vs Any: No kiting for tidal cool down
    Barb vs BM: No camping purge weapon
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    By definition, the only rule is: 1 player versus another player. However, common courtesy include:

No running to safe zone
    No stealth (since it's practically a portable safe zone)

My personal courtesy is:

Fight equal geared, or use buffs to make up for gear difference
    If gear is equal, fight self buffed unless you're playing PWI
    If opponent can purge, fight self buffed

However, here are some interesting rules people have came up with. Any of these sound familiar to anyone?

BM vs BM: No kiting
    BM vs BM: Only allowed to kite with leaps
    Barb vs Barb: No Invoke
    Barb vs Barb: No Tiger/Panda form
    Barb vs Barb: No three spark
    Barb vs Barb: No kiting
    Wizard vs Wizard: No genie spark
    Wizard vs Wizard: Only allowed to kite from Ice Prison
    Wizard vs Wizard: No mdef necklace
    Psychic vs Psychic: No white Voodo

Additionally, here are some rules that nobody abides to, but random people call you noob if you don't:

Barb vs Sin: No attacking the barb while he is out of range (via +range daggers)

Can't just use pyroshell? Why would you make a rule about that.. rofl
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options

You flew you n00b.
    Your not allowed your heal pet or resummon if dead.
    Anyone seen an archer being told they arent allowed to use their purge skill?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options

By definition: there are no rules regarding PK besides the no harrassment thing on PvP servers.
    Not even if there is 1 player versus another player. Everything you stated is common courtesy, but people don't have to follow up on them.
    Sure it'll make people look like an *** and make it less likely to not accept a "1 versus 1" request among the teaparties, but some people just don't care.
    Soon™
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    By definition: there are no rules

If you ask someone for a 1v1 and they agree (or vice versa), you just defined a rule (1 player versus 1 player).
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you ask someone for a 1v1 and they agree (or vice versa), you just defined a rule (1 player versus 1 player).

And what is it exactly that stops others from interfering or the consequences if the "rules" aren't followed (aka being an ***/ganking/whatever you want to call it)?
    Decency I guess, but let's be honest, we all know not everyone has that.
    Soon™
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And what is it exactly that stops others from interfering or the consequences if the "rules" aren't followed (aka being an ***/ganking/whatever you want to call it)?
    Decency I guess, but let's be honest, we all know not everyone has that.

If there are more than 2 entities involved then it cannot be considered a 1v1. This is a rule you cannot break in a 1v1 because as soon as a gank happens the fight stops being a 1v1. A kind of word paradox thing or somin.

If you want to have a 1v1 and you are worried that random pkrs will interfere in the fight. Then you talk to your selected opponent and name another location to fight. The world map isnt exceptionally large but its still big enough to lose undesirable pkrs in.

Consequences of interfering/stopping a 1v1?
    Both players turn around and tag team you.
    They both leave to continue the fight at another location.
    People get sick of being interrupted and you become KoS.
    You will not be asked for 1v1s.
    People wont accept your 1v1 requests from you.
    People may return the gank favour later when you are 1v1ing.
    QQ, rage, insults, WC drama, forum drama, faction drama, etc.
    And finally you will have bad Karma and PanGu will punish you later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You flew you n00b.

Can't believe I forgot that one. Another one would be No IG. Or just no Apothecary at all.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

GG?

/KiteToBermuda
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wut

Kiting archer ftw?

I mean 32-34 meters isn't that much to run out of and tanking a Demon QS proc/sage qs metal combo/skill spam w/e is kinda stupid, lol

Which is like the only mistake that kills me when vs'ing wayne's archer: not enough kiting gg
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Everyone on S always gets pissy at me because I kite too much.

Hence:
    /KiteToBermuda
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Everyone on S always gets pissy at me because I kite too much.

Hence:
    /KiteToBermuda

That means your doing it right. b:cute Your kitting is subpar if you dont have someone QQing about it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Consequences of interfering/stopping a 1v1?
    Both players turn around and tag team you.
    To be expected, but if the person interfering gets off 1 kill he still has his way...

They both leave to continue the fight at another location.
    Not really a direct effect of any rules

People get sick of being interrupted and you become KoS.
    KoS in this game is a joke, no one cares about it, besides on PvP servers there was the 3 times harrassment rule or whatever it was where you COULD get banned or something for if it was to be ticketed(?)... (and PvP server players say PK on PvE servers is carebear, top kek)

You will not be asked for 1v1s.
    Why would anyone care about that, just attack at random, pk is a free for all and nothing says you must ask for a 1v1, you just have to stop if requested by the person you are killing (if you are on a pvp server, pve apparently allows endless grieving, see response above)

People wont accept your 1v1 requests from you.
    See above

People may return the gank favour later when you are 1v1ing.
    See your first point and response to it, it's a vicious loop

QQ, rage, insults, WC drama, forum drama, faction drama, etc.
    Blacklist and tickets because lol ToS (which they don't enforce anyway), chances are that's exactly what someone wants anyway

And finally you will have bad Karma and PanGu will punish you later.
    I don't do real life or in-game religions b:chuckle

I agree that those are the consequences but be honest, who would care about them, there's no real punishment linked to it as there are no official rules on how pvp is set up. Yes, people set up an agreement on 1v1 rules, what is allowed and not but in the end what ensures any of it?
    There will always be that bunch that will just attack whoever regardless the situation or rules that were set up and they will, potentially, get exactly what they want; drama.

I'm not trying to argue, I agree on the way 1v1 or group PK's are set up and that players make rules amongst themselves, i'm just trying to discuss the entire PvP rule thing b:chuckle
    Soon™
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there are no 1 vs 1 rules, people try to make rules to suit their way...
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]