A question for smart people that know the ToS

2»

Comments

• BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, on a pve server, you get the option to chose to go in pk mode or NOT to go in pk mode.

As far as i remember, there is no quest so far, which compels you to at all GO into pk mode.

Now to your querries,

As PK mode is not on a pve server, there are no rules of harassment for PK'ng a person. The logic is simple, you went white named, you go out of Safe Zone, you get killed. Now on humanitarian grounds or Ethical grounds, you can talk to the person in concern and then come to a possible solution, but no such interference shall be made by GM's unless, you were killed in secret passage, or room 1 of cube. If its the open map, and your white named out of SZ, then get ready to take the blow.

Your next question on CS'rs getting banned or not. Well they do get banned, no1 is excluded from the ToS rules. Now the magnitude of their punishment can differ, like lets say

Person A ( non- CS) = Does something stupid, which gives him 3 weeks ban,

Person B ( CS ) = Does the same thing as A, but gets a 1 week - 10 days ban.

The last bit was from my personal experience xD.

Side note, PK harassment, is ONLY applicable to PVP servers. NOT PVE. If you dig up the forums you will find more such threads, with many a GM's who have responded to it.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, on a pve server, you get the option to chose to go in pk mode or NOT to go in pk mode.

As far as i remember, there is no quest so far, which compels you to at all GO into pk mode.

Now to your querries,

As PK mode is not on a pve server, there are no rules of harassment for PK'ng a person. The logic is simple, you went white named, you go out of Safe Zone, you get killed. Now on humanitarian grounds or Ethical grounds, you can talk to the person in concern and then come to a possible solution, but no such interference shall be made by GM's unless, you were killed in secret passage, or room 1 of cube. If its the open map, and your white named out of SZ, then get ready to take the blow.

Your next question on CS'rs getting banned or not. Well they do get banned, no1 is excluded from the ToS rules. Now the magnitude of their punishment can differ, like lets say

Person A ( non- CS) = Does something stupid, which gives him 3 weeks ban,

Person B ( CS ) = Does the same thing as A, but gets a 1 week - 10 days ban.

The last bit was from my personal experience xD.

Side note, PK harassment, is ONLY applicable to PVP servers. NOT PVE. If you dig up the forums you will find more such threads, with many a GM's who have responded to it.

the only thing i will respond to about ur statement is that there is currently the veno instance and from what i understand u have to be in pk mode to do it due to a current glitch. Anyone know of any part of the game that requires pk mode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    the only thing i will respond to about ur statement is that there is currently the veno instance and from what i understand u have to be in pk mode to do it due to a current glitch. Anyone know of any part of the game that requires pk mode?

Turns out you don't have to be but... it's very annoying to do it without PK mode.

Aside from that, there is no content in the game that requires you to be in PK mode to participate. Even instances where you can kill/be killed won't require you to actually go white named to participate.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Turns out you don't have to be but... it's very annoying to do it without PK mode.

Aside from that, there is no content in the game that requires you to be in PK mode to participate. Even instances where you can kill/be killed won't require you to actually go white named to participate.

Is there another forum that talks about how u can do the veno instance without going pk mode because i have veno friends that are highly annoyed that the only way they seem to know how to do the instance is to go pk mode.....a little off topic but eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Yep. A video is in the Veno section that can be used.
    (Insert fancy image here)