When will Arc be fully implemented

Salari - Raging Tide
Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I am posting this to see if there is a time table for when you plan to finally require Arc to play. I just hope you give us plenty of time, so people like me that can't use Arc can make arraignments with my guild so I can transfer all my coins/stuff to the faction bank and a few friends. I also have a faction with a level 6 base I would need to transfer to someone that wants it.

I just don't want to come in one day to find out I can no longer access my account in game.
Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
Post edited by Salari - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think this type of announcement or News is handled by PWE Product Manager. You gotta be alert and keep your eyes open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guys, I check the forums daily even though I only login a few days a week now. ATM I can't even login from what ever problem with the east coast servers. I just hope they don't implement it then post about it after the fact.

Well I can log in now after verifying so either got lucky or server is fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    This is what we know so far....

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1006381
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I read that before Sylen, with the post about the website getting worked on this week, it will probably be a lot sooner than most think it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is what we know so far....

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1006381

I like the part where they say this is better than torrenting.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like the part where they say this is better than torrenting.

Actually i cant fault them there. I used Arc to dl pwi for my wifes computer and it took tiime quite comparable to the time it took for me to torrent it on my computer. I would say the dl time is fairly fast. However the real issue is with the load using arc puts on a persons cpu, as it is just another thing that will have to run in the background when u play their games. If they can address that problem and make its impact on a players CPU EXTREMELY minimal then i can say that Arc isnt so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually i cant fault them there. I used Arc to dl pwi for my wifes computer and it took tiime quite comparable to the time it took for me to torrent it on my computer. I would say the dl time is fairly fast. However the real issue is with the load using arc puts on a persons cpu, as it is just another thing that will have to run in the background when u play their games. If they can address that problem and make its impact on a players CPU EXTREMELY minimal then i can say that Arc isnt so bad.

Huh. Weird. Because I have downloaded through arc AND torrented on the same computer (ihu PWI addiction) and the torrent took roughly half the time...plus it puts lets stress on PWE anyway (during download) since it is p2p sharing

Yeah no. Even if Arc was virtually nothing on CPU load it is still less efficient. Both on their servers and our machines.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Huh. Weird. Because I have downloaded through arc AND torrented on the same computer (ihu PWI addiction) and the torrent took roughly half the time...plus it puts lets stress on PWE anyway (during download) since it is p2p sharing

Yeah no. Even if Arc was virtually nothing on CPU load it is still less efficient. Both on their servers and our machines.

How recently was this? jw cuz i did try using arc to dl pwi before and it was super slow but that was several months ago on my computer but the time i did it on my wifes comp was quite recent and seemed pretty fast to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Other games allow you to close the launch application after launching the game. Maybe they can just do that
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I hope they do give us plenty of time before this pos is thrust upon us.
    Myself and a few others will probably need plenty of time to discuss which non pwe game to move to b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't hate ARC itself but I simply don't want any additional unnecessary programs on my laptop, especially when said programs have to run in the background and can't be completely closed.

I'm also worried about things such as the security (as far as I've read, security on ARC is kinda sucky right now), being able to dual client easily (it appears that you log on the ARC in order to log on the game, I don't like that...) and switch accounts easily (as far as I've been told you have to close ARC completely in order to log with a different account).

All these things just makes it more annoying to launch and play the game.

The thing that annoys me the most though is that the playerbase has expressed their opinion and thoughts of it for months. There was a poll, there was feedback, there were comments and the majority do not want it.

This isn't even about my own personal view on it..but when you have so many people against a program you can't just shove it down their throats.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The thing that annoys me the most though is that the playerbase has expressed their opinion and thoughts of it for months. There was a poll, there was feedback, there were comments and the majority do not want it.

This isn't even about my own personal view on it..but when you have so many people against a program you can't just shove it down their throats.

well, apparently PWI thinks they can :(

For me, the moment ARC is mandatory to even start PW, i'm outta here.