tip for factions: how to deal with pwi bugs

Options
Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
pwi gave no info, no announcement, no statement or in fact anything ragarding the botched daylight savings maintanacne.
currently many people find themselves factionless after they log in (at least on RT). this is quite disturbing for a faction member, if they are not aware of the latest gltich that doesn't show any faction-related information and makes the unaware player think that they have been kicked from their faction.

so we introduced a 'GLITCH ALERT' box on our faction page to inform our members of the current gltiches, their effects, and the possible workarounds. this way people wont panic if they see themselves factionless or with a different scary 'condition' that the next maintanance might bring. it also frees the faction forums from 'is the server down?' etc. threads and shouts. new gltiches and bugs after pretty much every major patch is a permanent condition with pwi. this is our way of 'dealing' with it. i thought i share our idea. f:grin

how does your faciton deal with the 'maintanace' related panic and frustration of your members? f:brick
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    pwi gave no info, no announcement, no statement or in fact anything ragarding the botched daylight savings maintanacne.
    currently many people find themselves factionless after they log in (at least on RT). this is quite disturbing for a faction member, if they are not aware of the latest gltich that doesn't show any faction-related information and makes the unaware player think that they have been kicked from their faction.

so we introduced a 'GLITCH ALERT' box on our faction page to inform our members of the current gltiches, their effects, and the possible workarounds. this way people wont panic if they see themselves factionless or with a different scary 'condition' that the next maintanance might bring. it also frees the faction forums from 'is the server down?' etc. threads and shouts. new gltiches and bugs after pretty much every major patch is a permanent condition with pwi. this is our way of 'dealing' with it. i thought i share our idea. f:grin

how does your faciton deal with the 'maintanace' related panic and frustration of your members? f:brick

Alot of freaking good that GLITCH ALERT is doing with Shivtr down for maintenance.

f:fumef:fumef:fume
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Alot of freaking good that GLITCH ALERT is doing with Shivtr down for maintenance.

f:fumef:fumef:fume

b:laugh lol omg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did the maintenance "glitches" only affect Raging Tides? Because I've found nothing unusual on Archosaur, and Raging Tides has been getting a LOT of crashes lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did the maintenance "glitches" only affect Raging Tides? Because I've found nothing unusual on Archosaur, and Raging Tides has been getting a LOT of crashes lately.

I think the guild bug has only been happening on RT, but all the east coast servers have been randomly lagging out/crashing lately. RT's been crashing a lot more than DW+HL though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute