Activating Lycaeum without PK mode (video)

Options
Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Venomancer
Hello fellow Venomancers.
After being poked around in-game a few times by others, I decided to make a video on this matter.

A lot of players have been having issues activating it or don't understand instructions very well. I thought a video may be easier to understand.

My apologies for making a new thread instead of simply posting it in one of the numerous Lycaeum related threads but I'm afraid people will miss it so I believed it was better to make a new thread about it. The link was also added in my upgrade & evolution guide.

The method was not discovered by me. The first person I saw mentioning this was Merma from Heaven's Tear.

Appropriate credit/links were added in the video's description.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh, that's nice, I tried it myself, but it wasn't as reliable as the pk glitch, sometimes I had to wait and move around to find a guard to attack me.

Off-topic: I had your harpy videos on a loop for half and hour today lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ooh just tried this, works great! Thanks b:victory No more white name for meee
  • revkhawlah
    revkhawlah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for posting...I have not played for quite a bit and was surprised lyceum did not start the usual way anymore
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Glad it's useful :)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It would appear that the problem is getting the guard's attention, because you can't target it easily. Why not just use 'Earthquake' on genie? It does an aoe centered off your character and needs no target. Faster/easier?
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It would appear that the problem is getting the guard's attention, because you can't target it easily. Why not just use 'Earthquake' on genie? It does an aoe centered off your character and needs no target. Faster/easier?

There are actually more ways to activate the instance than this one but I wanted to include what was the easiest one possible.

I haven't tried Earthquake but I know it works having the Harpy AOE (set on defence) and probably other pets that have an AOE skill (alas, that would require the pet to be evolved and Harpy's a luxury and unobtainable for most) and then there are various ways of glitching PK in both the instance and Warsong.

I've never had issues grabbing the guard's attention. Harpy method was very similar to this one and I did it several times when I decided to sit blue named for a period of time for reasons. To be fair though, I've always run to a completely random guard so maybe I didn't run into the problem. Going from guard to guard might work.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just gonna bump this o_o
  • angelberry71
    angelberry71 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I tried the method in the first post but it doesn't work for me. My pet targets/attacks the invisible mob, but I'm not able to target it myself.

Why can't we assist-attack our pets lol!

This is so annoying, I don't want to go into PK >.>
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You'll have to wait for it to get selected by default. Maybe you're hitting ESC and make it unable to get selected. If that's not working try a different guard or try using Noxious Gas anyway. You could also try Earthquake from genie.
  • angelberry71
    angelberry71 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I was just about to come in and edit my post :p

When I tried initially, it wasn't getting selected. I decided to try the guard in the video, and it finally worked.